Chapter 39

I feel a hand on my shoulder, making me look at Alice. "Are you sure you're okay? You look like you're in pain." Alice asks me. I shake my head before stopping and slowly nodding. "I think my brother got me in my side. But I don't want you all to go crazy because of my blood scent being in the air once I take the blanket off." I tell her. "We've learned not to hurt you because you're family now, Melissa. We won't go crazy." Danielle pipes in this time. I look at her before slowly nodding as I take the blanket off. "Alice, get my first aid kit in my office. I'll patch her up. Doesn't seem deep from the way it looks so all she needs is a patch up." Carlisle tells her. Alice nods as she gets up snd speeds out of the living room while Carlisle sits in her spot. "Carlisle, I'll be fine. You're giving off an aura that screams out 'Kill Marcus Rivera.' I don't mind it but you're also kind of scaring me with it." I ask him. Carlisle looks at me and nods as he gives me a small smile. "I'm okay, darling. I just don't like seeing a collar around your neck. It makes you seem like a pet versus a human being." Carlisle replies. "We have permission to cross but he said it has to be you and her along with one of us." Jasper says when I hear him walk in. Carlisle and I look at him before I nod. "Alright. I choose Alice to come with us. She can keep you calm." I say as I look back at Carlisle. Carlisle looks at me and nods before getting up. "Alright. Let's head out once I patch your side." Carlisle says as Alice walks back in with the first aid kit in her hands. I nod as Carlisle slowly slides the shirt up, growling when he sees the claw marks on my side. I whine a bit as I go to move his hand away from my side only to be stopped by Alice. "Carlisle, maybe I should do it. You're scaring Mel with your growling." Alice says to him. Carlisle looks at her before looking at me. I look away, hearing him sigh before getting up from the couch. "Very well. I'll be at the car. Edward, help Melissa to the car if she needs it." I hear Carlisle say as I slowly look at Alice. I didn't want to seem scared of Carlisle, but this stupid ass collar I have on. I actually want to hug him but this collar is preventing me not to. Why did Marcus and the Volturi have to make this stupid collar for me in the first place? What did I do to make them do this?

I jump when I feel a hand on my shoulder, making me look up. "Are you sure you want to head over to Sam Uley's house, Mel? You don't want to stay here and just rest?" Edward asks me. I nod as I tug at the collar on my neck still. "Yea I'm sure. I need Sam to take the collar off of my neck so I can figure out a way to kill Marcus." I say as I tilt my head, thinking of a plan. "Wait, did you say kill? As in actually killing your brother?" Alice asks me, making me look at her. "Yeah. He's going to keep doing this once he finds out I had Sam take the collar off." I tell her as I slowly stand up, watching Edward walk over to me. "Edward, please don't pick me up. Just guide me to the garage. Even living here I have no idea where the garage is." I tell him. Edward chuckles and smiles at me a bit as he nods, putting his hand in the middle of my back, guiding me out of the living room slowly. "Do you really want to kill your brother? I mean, are you positive?" Edward asks me. I look at him as I raise an eyebrow, confused by what he means. "What are you talking about? Of course I want him dead. This isn't the Marcus I remember and I certainly don't like the Marcus I saw. I'll have to call Momma and Poppa to let them know what I'm doing. If not and I do kill Marcus, then all 3 of us will feel the pain of a lost pack member and believe me you don't want my parents here with their animal instincts taking control." I explain to Edward.

Edward chuckles and nods as he smiles at me a bit more as we walk down a small hallway with a door at the end of the hall. "Yeah, I guess you're right. We haven't had much interaction with shapeshifters except you and your parents. Well, Carlisle, Alice, and myself have when it comes to having interaction with your parents. Are you going to call your parents after you head over to Sam Uley's house?" Edward asks me as he opens a door, allowing me to walk in first. "I was thinking about it. They have to know before I do it and I know letting them know after I take the collar off would be best. If I talk to them while I'm still wearing the collar, I might whine and make my parents run down here in their shifter form. Hell, my Momma might fly down here since she can shift into a hawk like me." I say, the both of us chuckling. I look ahead of us and smile a bit when I see Carlisle at a silver Volvo. "If you're sure, Melissa. Then Carlisle will take you and Alice down to Sam Uley so you can get the collar taken off." Edward replies as we walk over to Carlisle. Carlisle opens the passenger door, helping me get in. Once I get situated and Carlisle helps me put the seat belt on, Alice gets in the back passenger seat and Carlisle gets in the driver seat. Carlisle turns the car on and puts it in reverse, slowly pulling out of the garage once the garage door opens. Carlisle puts the car in drive and pulls away from the house, driving to Sam's house.

Skip drive to Sam Uley's House

Carlisle pulls up to Sam's house just as the door opens. Sam yanks an angry Jacob back before shoving him into the house. "Jacob Black, stay inside right now. This is not the time to be starting a fight with Melissa." Sam commands him. "You can't command me, Sam. I'm going to tell her she's wrong for saying what she said on the phone." Jacob snarls back at him. I raise an eyebrow as Carlisle turns the car off, taking my seat belt off slowly. I open the passenger door snd slowly get out, leaning against the car for support when I feel weak. "Jacob, just stay your ass inside. You know damn well I'm right. But for right now, stay your fucking ass inside because my problem is way fucking bigger than our problem that you and I have." I snapped at him. Sam looks at me before running over to me, scooping me up into his arms and carrying me into the house. "Everyone, two of the Cullens are here with Melissa so do not go attacking them. They are here for Melissa and the problem she is dealing with." Sam tells everyone as he walks into the living room. Emily gets up from Sam's recliner and covers her mouth when she sees me before grabbing the blanket. Sam sits me on his recliner before Emily puts the cover over me. "Okay, what do I need to do?" Sam asks me as he looks at me. "I need you to figure out how to take the collar off. My brother isn't dead and was in hiding, keeping back the fact that he is a hybrid. He came earlier and put this damn thing on me, saying the Volturi are planning to make me their personal shapeshifter slave. So before they go and brainwash me, I need this damn thing off. I don't care how you do it, just take it off." I explained to him.

Sam looks at me with wide eyes before nodding as he looks at Emily. "Get my the big sewing scissors you have along with one of my leather belts I haven't worn and a knife." Sam tells her. Emily nods and rushes out of the living room just as Carlisle and Alice walk in, Alice walking straight over to me. "Why do they need to be in the room when you do this?" Leah asks Sam, sounding annoyed. "They're here because I needed support. This damn thing is going to make me into a fucking killing machine and Sam needs to take this off before it does so I don't end up killing the ones I love. Also, Carlisle is my mate and needs to know that this worked. So shut up and deal with it." I snapped at Leah, already annoyed with her. Leah scoffs and rolls her eyes as she crosses her arms, looking away. Emily comes back with the supplies he asked for, walking back over to Sam. Sam takes the leather belt from her, holding it in front of my mouth. "Alice, this is where I am going to need you to stay with Carlisle because once I start this process, she will start to feel pain. And I'm sure he will try to attack me once that happens. So, I'll need you to keep him back. Do you understand?" Sam says as he looks at her, taking the large sewing scissor from Emily's hand without looking at her. Sam puts it on the armrest before taking a look at the contraption on the collar. I don't know what he did or now they did it but I know for a fact that I am not going to be a damn killing machine.

Alice nods as she walks back over to Carlisle, Sam looking back at me. "You ready to do this? Because you know once I cut the wires, you'll start to feel like you're being electrocuted or a stinging pain until I can cut this off fully. At least from the looks of this because it definitely has wires all throughout the collar. And cutting them might work before they get a chance to even use it on you." Sam asks me as he gives me a worried look. I nod as I take the leather belt in my mouth, gripping the arms of his recliner. "I'm sure I want to do this. Marcus needs to pay for what he's done." I say around the belt. Sam nods as he takes a deep breath, cutting the wires kind of quickly. I close my eyes quickly and grip the arms of the recliner more, feeling my canines come out. I hear Carlisle talking in the background as I do my best not to let my wolf out. "Sam, you might want to hurry up. I'm going to take him outside but I don't know how longer I can keep him stable." I hear Alice call out as her voice slowly becomes faded. No! Don't happen now! Hurry up Sam! "I'm doing my best but the material here is pretty strong." Sam replies, hearing him grunt a bit as he does his best to cut it off. "Sam, either you hurry up or else my wolf is coming out and I won't be able to hold her back much longer." I tell him as I keep my eyes closed, gripping the arm rests more. "I'm almost done, Lissa. Just be patient just a bit longer." Sam pleades out as I hear the scissors drop to the floor. "Fuck this. Lissa, this might hurt and I'm sorry if I cut you but the scissors aren't cutting it anymore. I still got about half of the collar left to cut." Sam tells me. I go to ask him what he means before roaring out loudly when I feel him cut the reminder of it, cutting my neck a bit. I tackle Sam to the floor, my beady red eyes staring into his scared brown eyes. "Lissa, please don't hurt me. I got it off and the cut is already healing." Sam pleads out as he puts a hand on my cheek. I continue to snarl at him before I snap out of it. I quickly get off of him, scrambling backwards and leaning against his recliner. What the fuck did I just do and why did I try to attack my best friend I have treated like a brother all these years?