Chapter 34

I blink a few times before slowly getting up, making Emmett walk over to my side of the bed. "Melissa, lay back. You're still weak." Emmett says as he puts a hand on my arm, making me slap his hand away from me as I look at him, my eyes slowly turning red. They only get like that when it involves my family and Carlisle since he is now mine. "Emmett, you nor anyone else will understand. I need to go there before Chris and James attack Carlisle for trespassing. They don't know him and see him as a threat. I need to go." I tell him as I start growling. Emmett takes a few steps back as I throw the covers off of me, getting out of bed. I crack my neck and a few other bones in my body before howling. I snap my head towards the window before shifting into my wolf form. I run and jump out the window, ignoring the pieces of glass that are probably in my fur since the window was closed. I shake my fur out, hoping I got most of the glass out before sniffing the air. I snap my head to the left when I catch a scent, knowing it's Carlisle's scent. I turn and run in the direction his scent is coming from, hoping I get there before Chris and James do. I don't want anything to happen to him or my parents.

Hours later

I run up to my parents house before trotting up to the porch. I sit before howling, hoping Momma knows it's me. "Melissa?" I hear Momma say, making me whine and paw at the door. This isn't the first time I've done this so she knows. Besides, it's a mother's instinct. I hear footsteps walk up to the door before watching the door, wolf chuckling when I feel Momma's arms around my wolf neck. "Oh honey I'm so glad it's you. I thought I was hearing things but then I got a whiff of your scent and knew it was you. Your mate just came an hour ago. He's asking your father about the mate bond you two have." Momma says as she pulls out of the hug, looking at me. I shift back to my human form, making Momma take her shaul off and wrap it around my naked body. "Let's get you in some clothes before you talk to your father." Momma says as she helps me in since I'm still feeling a bit weak. "Honey? Who was at the door?" I hear Poppa call out, his footsteps coming from the living room as Momma guides me over to the stairs. I look towards the living room and see Poppa walking over towards us, wrapping Momma's shaul around me a bit more before picking me up. "Honey, you stay with her mate. I'll bring her up yo her room and do my best to help her get changed." Poppa says as he looks at her. Momma nods and kisses his cheek before kissing my forehead. Momma walks away while Poppa walks up the stairs, keeping me close to his chest. "Your mate is quite intelligent, munchkin. He was very interested in the bond and wanting to know everything about it." Poppa says as he looks down at me. I blush as I look away, knowing that Carlisle is a very intelligent vampire. "It isn't a bad thing, munchkin. He truly does care about you so it's a plus in my book." Poppa adds, making me look back at him. I smile a bit as I put a hand on his cheek, making Poppa smile back at me.

I lay my head on his shoulder as he walks up the stairs fully, heading towards my bedroom. He walks in and over to my bed, sitting me down. I put my hand over Momma's shaul, watching Poppa walk over to my dresser. "So which drawer has what?" Poppa asks me as he looks at me over his shoulder. "First drawer is my bras and underwear and my second drawer is my short sleeve shirts. My sweats are in my last drawer." I tell Poppa. The fourth and fifth drawers are leggings and sweaters. I have my jeans, dresses, and other things that needed to get hung up in the closet. Poppa nods as he opens the first drawer, grabbing a blue bra and matching underwear. He closes the drawer and bends down, opening the last drawer and grabbing a pair of lilac sweatpants. He gets up and opens the second drawer, grabbing a white shirt. Poppa walks over to me once he closes the drawer before handing the clothes to me. "Do you need help putting them on?" Poppa asks me. "I think I have enough energy to put them on, Poppa. But I will need you to carry me back down." I say while blushing a bit. Poppa chuckles and nods as he walks away a bit, turning away from me to give me privacy. I slowly get up and drop Momma's shaul, putting the clothes Poppa gave me on. I tie my sweatpants in a knot before fixing my shirt. Poppa turns around and walks back over to me, picking me up again. I giggle and smile at him before hearing Momma call our names out. "Darling, Munchkin, you might want to come back down now. James and Chris are here and they don't look too happy." I hear Momma call out to us.