Chapter 16

I look at her as I fix my hair. "You may not like me for me supposedly being a werewolf but you're mistaking my species for the Quilette pack at La Push who happens to be allies with me. If you want my old pack come here just because I broke the ally treaty we have with you then so be it. Otherwise just get to know me before you hate me." I tell her as I slide my earrings on. "What is there to know? You went with the Uley pack before you showed up at work. So why bother when you'll just run away with one of them." She sneers. "Well maybe because I have my best friend over there who can help me with my problems." I tell her as I clench my hands. She scoffs and rolls her eyes. "Rosalie, please stop finding a fight with my mate. I really don't appreciate it. Even though you have been around me longer please don't make this harder then what it is." Carlisle tells her. She looks at him with wide eyes and uncrosses her arms. "Are you picking your family over her? A shapeshifter?" She asks him. "No, I am asking you to just get along with her. With Jasper and Danielle I know what is wrong with them. But with you I am not sure." Carlisle replies.

Little did we know that we had a certain werewolf member watching us from afar.

I walk over to Carlisle and put a hand on his arm. "Come on, let's just go. We have work to be at and this can wait until we get home." I say. He looks at me and nods as he wraps his arm around my shoulders. We walk back to work, leaving Rosalie speechless. We walk out from the woods and back into the hospital. "Is everything okay? You both left and it's almost time for your first appointment." Jessica asks us. "Yes we are, Jessica. Just had a small family matter that needed to be dealt with." Carlisle replies. She nods as she smirks at us. I roll my eyes at her as we walk to our office.

I walk to my desk and look at the schedule for today. "Okay, first is Ramon Grey. It says since his last visit, he needed a checkup with his leg. He has a cast on it and it looks like he wants to know if he can have it off." I tell Carlisle as I walk back over to him, reading the file. He nods as we walk out our office. "What room is he in?" He asks me. I look at the front of the file and point to the room number. "Says room 317." I say as we walk to the elevator. He nods as he pushes the up button. "Did you see how Jessica looked at us?" I ask. He looks at me and slowly nods. "Yes but she doesn't matter. We'll have to keep our personal life away from our work here." Carlisle replies. I nod as the elevator dings. The door open and we watch Dr Noah wall out. "Oh, hello Carlisle, Melissa. I wasn't expecting to see you two." Dr Noah says. "The feeling is mutual. We were just on our way to the first appointment for today." I tell him. "Very well, Melissa. Uh, Carlisle I'd like to speak with you after the scheduled appointment in my office." Dr Noah asks Carlisle.

Carlisle smiles at him and nods. "Certainly. I'll come by your office when we're finished." Carlisle replies. Dr Noah nods as he steps out the elevator. We walk in and he presses the 3rd floor button. "I wonder what that's about." I mumble as I pull the file to my chest. "It's probably about Jessica seeing my arm around your shoulders in a romantic way. If it is, then I'll just say that I saw you outside crying and was comforting you. Although I will have to tell him about our relationship soon." Carlisle replies, looking at me. I nod as the elevator dings. The doors open and we step out. We walk up to room 317 and he knocks on the door. "Come in." We hear someone say. Probably his mother. Carlisle opens the door and walks in, me following. "Good morning Ms Grey and Ramon." Carlisle says as he walks up to the bed. "Good morning Carlisle." Ms Grey replies, eyeing him.

I hold in a scoff and walk over to the side of the bed. "Now, how are you feeling Ramon? Is the leg still hurting?" Carlisle asks Ramon as I check the machine hooked up to him. "Uh, what is she doing?" I hear Ms Grey ask Carlisle. "Oh, she's just checking his vital signs through the machine." Carlisle replies. I hold in a laugh as I write down his heartbeat rate along with his blood pressure. "So, on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the worst, how would you rate your pain?" Carlisle asks him as he washes his hands. "Lately it's been from 4 to 5 but the past couple of days it's gone down to a 2. Just small sharp pains when I try to stand after sitting for so long." Ramon replies. I nod as I write it down on the sheet. "Okay, that's normal. It's most likely supposed to occur when you're near the end of wearing the cast. Do you still get dizziness or tiredness?" Carlisle asks him.

He shakes his head as I look at his leg. "No, but small headaches here and there. Nothing too severe." Ramon replies. "But that's only him taking his medication along with the pain medication you prescribed." Ms Grey adds. "Well, that will happen. Now all I need to do is see if your foot is ready to have the cast off." Carlisle replies. Ramon nods as his mother looks at me. I roll my eyes as I look at the file. "Melissa, may I have a little help? It would be best to have another opinion before I decide." Carlisle asks me. I look at him and nod. "Of course, Dr Carlisle." I say as I walk to the sink. I put the file down and quickly wash my hands. I dry my hands and put on medium size gloves on. I walk over to Carlisle and slowly touch around the top part of the cast while Carlisle checks the lower part.

When we finish, I look at Carlisle and shake my head. "He's good on the top part. The bottom good as well?" I ask him. "Yes it is. Now we can decide." Carlisle replies. He looks at Ramon and smiles. "Congrats, Ramon. Your cast can come off. I'll have the nurse that put your cast on come and take it off." Carlisle tells him, making Ramon smile. I chuckle at his happiness, making his mother glare at me. I roll my eyes as I walk to the sink, getting a bad feeling.

Little did I know that my phone was going off in the office from my best friend over in La Push.