Chapter 45

Momma covers her mouth as fresh tears stream down her face. "Marcus, we thought you were dead! How could you become a monster?!" Poppa yells out before shifting into his panther form. Marcus chuckles as he rolls his eyes, running a hand through his hair. "I don't know, Father. How could you hide Samuel from us?" Marcus says before jumping onto the branch when Poppa runs towards him. "We mourned over you for two, almost three years! How could you do this to us?!?!" Momma yells out before choking on a sob, covering her face. "Mother, this isn't about you or Father. It's about Melissa not wanting to come to join the Volturi." Marcus replies. I tense and dig my claws into the dirt as they all look at me. "Oh, she didn't tell you? I offered her to join us so the both of us can be stronger. She refused so I'm doing whatever I can to make her join." Marcus explains to her as he smirks at me. I roll my eyes before shifting into my hawk form. I fly up towards him, making him jump off of the branch he's on. I squawk at him before flying down towards him, aiming for his thigh. Marcus grabs me by my throat when I go for his weakness before throwing me against Sam's house. I fall onto the ground before shifting back, coughing up blood. I think he broke a rib. "Mother, please understand I never meant to make you hurt but this is for the greater good. Now off to make Samuel suffer." Marcus says as he runs into the woods, Jared and Sam following behind him.

I watch Paul run over to me, bending down and put a hand on my head. "Where does it hurt? Sam says if one of us breaks a bone we have to put it back in before it heals on its own." Paul asks me, doing a quick scan to see where there's a broken bone more likely. "My ribs. And possibly my leg." I croak out, my throat hurting when he grabbed me by my throat in my hawk form. Paul nods before looking at Embry and Quill. "You two are going to have to hold her down. This is going to hurt. Colin, Brady, both of you keep an eye out for any of the Cullens. If they show up, let them know what happened. That way they don't go berserk." Paul tells them. They all nod as Quill and Embry run over to us, Collin and Brady running around the house. Paul looks at me before looking at my leg. "Okay. This is going to hurt. Make sure you keep her down." Paul says before looking at my parents when he realizes they are still outside. "Christian, Mariah, would you two please go inside? I don't want to get attacked by you guys if I rebreak her leg." Paul tells them.

Mariah looks at him before shaking her head, making Poppa move his arm around her waist. "Honey, let them fix her. They can't do it if we're going rabid on them. She's already hurt as it is because of Marcus. Come on." Poppa tells her before guiding her back inside. I look away when I hear Momma crying, feeling Embry and Quill put their hands on my arms and shoulders. I take a deep break and nod at Paul, leaning my head back quickly and roaring out in pain when I feel him rebreak my leg. I hear yelling inside Sam's house along with crashing noises, making me close my eyes. "Okay. Your leg is back in place so you should start healing. If you feel like it didn't heal properly, let Sam know. He can redo it." Paul tells me. I slowly open my eyes before looking at Paul, slowly nodding my head. Quill and Embry let go of me before helping me up from the ground. They put my arms around their shoulders before the sliding door opens again, Momma running out while Poppa follows behind het seconds later. Momma runs towards me and grabs me, pulling me in for a hug. I wince a bit before hugging her back, feeling her cry against me. "I'm sorry, sweetie. Oh I'm so fucking sorry. I didn't believe you when you said Marcus was actually a hybrid. I thought you were trying to open up an old wound." Momma says while sobbing against me. "Momma it's okay. I knew talking about Marcus was bad enough as it is, let alone you finding out the truth about Marcus being a hybrid. Please let me do what I have to do and end this once and for all." I say as I pull out of the hug.

Momma looks at me with tears still streaming down her face, making me wipe her tears away. I go to say something before noticing Marcus jumping onto a branch. I feel my eyes widen and push Momma towards Quill before getting slammed against Sam's house, feeling a sharp pain in my chest. "MELISSA!!!" Poppa yells out before I hear a roar of anger. I cough up blood as I look down, seeing a sterling silver blade in my chest. I slowly slide down to the ground again, putting a hand on the blade. "Melissa!" I hear Sam yell out as I try to take it out. I spit up more blood before seeing Sam's hand, making me look up at him slowly. "Fuck, don't die Lissa. Please don't die on me." Sam says as I watch him do his best not to cry. "Sam, it's okay. I got something for him. He'll get what he's got coming to him." I say before looking away and spitting up more blood.

I heard Sam growl before getting up and walking away from me. "Marcus Rivera, get your ass down here or go back to Italy! Don't you think she's getting enough shit from you?!" Sam yells out while snarling. I groan out as I yank the blade out, throwing it away from me. "Unless she joins the Volturi and tells Carlisle or any of the Cullens not to follow behind us, I will leave her alone." Marcus replies. "Fine! I'll go with you to Italy! Now stop hurting me!" I yell out weakly before slowly getting up, keeping one hand on my chest. I hear Marcus chuckles as I slowly walk over towards the woods. "Momma, Poppa, please don't follow me. I'll be fine going with Marcus. And Sam, please make sure my parents don't follow me along with Carlisle or any of the Cullens. I don't need to worry about them and a long lost brother I don't know about getting hurt by the Volturi." I tell all three of them before following Marcus into the woods. Hopefully they don't follow me and get hurt in the process. I need to focus on getting Samuel and finding a way to escape the Volturi when I get there.

Hey guys! So I have some news. I'm thinking about making one more chapter before ending it. I'm trying not to go beyond a certain amount of words but I just keep going. So I'm thinking about ending this one with a plot twist in the last chapter before making the sequel.

Anyways, don't forget to comment, vote, and like! Later my wolfies!!!