Chapter 2

I look at him as I control myself. "I've been a doctor there for about 4 years. But an incident happened and I didn't want to live there anymore. So I decided for a fresh start and picked here. It's seems quiet and it looks like a small town to be in." I tell him. He nods as he puts his hands in his pockets. "I see. Was the incident that occurred personal? Like family or a friend?" He asks me. "More of a family member then a friend." I say as we walk up to his office. He opens the door and we walk in. "This is our office. Your desk is right there. Mine is over here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. There is a schedule of what we will be doing today." He tells me, pointing to a cherry oak desk. I nod as I walk to my desk.

I pull my chair out and sit down. "Do you know where I can put my lunch at, Dr. Cullen?" I ask him as I put my purse and container on my desk. "I have a fridge in the door over there. I don't put my food with the others." He replies as he points to the door near my desk. I nod as I get up. I grab my container and walk to the door. I open it and walk in his small kitchen. He has a fridge, sink, counter, table, and two chairs. I walk to the fridge and open it. I put my container on the middle shelf and close it. I walk back out and to my desk. I look at the paper and look at the schedule. At 10, he has to do check up on Samantha McClain (see what I did there? 😂 If not then you need to figure your life out 😒), then a blood transfusion for James Gonzalez right after, a physical for Kimberly Smith at 11:15, and then lunch at 12:00. After that, he has to do a urine test for Gabriel Sonata at 1:30, then he's free after. But he doesn't get off until 5. Why does he have all these gaps in between appointments? What species is Carlisle Cullen exactly?

I put the schedule down and look at the laptop on my desk. I raise an eyebrow and open it slowly. I open Chrome and it opens up a website for the hospital. I guess it's to clock in as soon as you get in. I put the information Dr. Noah emailed me in then hit enter. I click the clock in button then type Dr. Cullen's schedule into my notes. "Ms. Rivera. May I ask you a question?" I hear Dr. Cullen say. I stop typing and look at him, my fingers hovering over the keyboard. "Sure. What's wrong?" I ask. "Well, I have six children that I adopted, three boys and three girls. One of my daughters, Rosalie, she gets angry when I bring up a woman's name or even describe a woman when my other son, Jasper, asks how my day was. I want to know how to tell her that it's not because I want to date them. That they're just patients I see while I work." He explains to me. I nod and move my chair back. I get up and walk to his desk. "Did she have a mother figure before this happened?" I ask him as I walk towards his desk. "Yes but she passed away five years ago." He replies. "I'm sorry for your loss. Was Rosalie close to her?" I ask. "Yes she was. She was a mother Rosalie never had as a child." Dr. Cullen replies.

I nod as I put a finger on my chin, thinking real quick. "Well, best way would to be explaining to her even if she doesn't want to listen. I mean, she'll have to face the fact that you will meet women at work, just none that fit your type." I tell him. My dad did it to me before. Well, the not listening part. I didn't want to believe him when he said that Marcus died in a car crash. He nods and looks back at his laptop. "Very well. I'll tell her. Even of she doesn't want to listen. Thank you Ms. Rivera." Dr. Cullen says. "You're welcome." I say as I walk back to my desk. I sit back in my seat and continue typing his schedule into my notes along with the description. I look at Dr. Cullen and blush when I see him already looking at me. I look back at the laptop and finish typing my notes. I click save and open another tab. I log onto my gmail and answer some emails from my parents. They told me to message them when I get moved in fully and I forgot. I email them that I'm fine and that I'm doing my first day at work. I click send and look at the time. It's not even time to start his first scheduled appointment yet. I log out of Gmail and close the tab.

I get up and push my chair in. "I'll be right back. I'll be back before you have to do your first scheduled appointment." I tell him as I walk out. I walk to the front double doors and straight to the woods.

Little do I know that Dr. Cullen was watching me go to the woods.