Chapter 41

I shake my head as I rub my head, knowing what I am about to tell her will make her break down again. "Momma, I know you don't want to hear about Marcus being alive but he is. He's here or was here in Forks, and he put this collar around my neck to control me into being a shapeshifter slave for him and the Volturi. Momma, he's alive and he wants to hurt me." I tell her as I clench my hand, hoping Momma believes me. "No. There's no way my baby boy is alive and trying to kill you." Momma replies. Here we go. "Honey, you didn't see the puncture marks he had on his neck AND shoulder. He was bit twice by a vampire which means he could've gotten turned to become a hybrid. It's possible that munchkin is telling the truth about your baby boy." Poppa replies. "She could also by lying to make us come down there for nothing." Momma replies. "Momma, why would I call you from Sam Uley's phone when I could've called you from my cell phone or Carlisle's phone? Sam Uley had just gotten done taking the damn collar off seconds before I became a damn slave." I ask her while shaking my head. "She does have a point, dear. She also wouldn't be calling us and make this up. And the whole collar thing does sound like Marcus. Remembr when he did it to her second boyfriend, William?" Poppa says. "Alright fine. But if he isn't alive and the one doing this, you'll be getting it from me." Momma says. "Momma why can't you ever believe me about what Marcus does? Poppa does whenever he did it." I ask her. "That doesn't matter. When do you want us down there?" Poppa asks me. "The earlier the better. And hopefully it's soon because I don't want this happening to me again or worse where I can't call you." I ask him. "Alright munchkin. We'll be down soon. Will we be staying with you or Sam?" Poppa asks me. "His fiancées house, actually. She lives with Sam so he said it would be okay for you and Momma to stay there." I tell him. "Alright munchkin. See you soon." Poppa says before I hang up on him. I put a hand on my chest and sigh in relief, glad my Poppa believed me. But why did Momma sound like she was going to snap on me if it wasn't Marcus?

I turn around and walk into the kitchen again, closing the sliding door behind myself. "What did your father say?" Sam asks me as I put the phone on the charger. "He's coming down with Momma. Momma thought I was lying when I told her Marcus was alive. She was denying that he was alive and all this other crap. So, Poppa said he'd call when they land so we can get them from the airport and bring them to Emily's house. I'm surprised she's willing to allow my parents to live in her old home even though she doesn't know them." I say while putting my hands on my hips. Sam chuckles and shakes his head as he smiles at me. "She's heard of your parents from me. Remember, your parents are in half of the family pictures I have on the walls. I still call them Uncle Chris and Aunt Mariah when they call to see how I'm doing or if I heard anything from you yet." Sam replies. I giggle and roll my eyes, smiling at him. Sam is right. Most of the pictures around his home are with him and his mom along with myself, my parents, and some with Marcus as well. "Okay. So, knowing Poppa, he might call here to see if I'm still here when they're at the airport. If that does happen, then call me and I'll have Carlisle drive me to the airport so I can meet you there. Either that or ask him if he would allow you to cross the treaty line to come get me so we can meet them." I tell Sam.

Sam chuckles and rolls his eyes as he smiles at me. "You know Uncle Chris will more likely call you instead of me. Remember, you're his little munchkin." Sam replies, teasing me. I giggle and roll my eyes as I hit him in his arms playfully. "I might be his little munchkin, but you're his little wolf pup." I tease him back, making Sam blush a bit. "Wolf pup? Since when did you have that nickname, Sam?" I hear Jacob ask him, making me growl in annoyance. I forgot the pack was here. "Doesn't matter and it certainly doesn't concern you. So butt out of it." I snarled at Jacob. "I asked Sam, the other Alpha. You're not even part of the rank so stay out of the conversation." Jacob snaps back at me. "Jacob, Melissa is the same rank as us. So anything you ask me, she can answer as well. She was here before you shifted and will always be an Alpha no matter what. Along with her parents. Speaking of, I don't want you around and I don't want you to bring Bella around. Same with the pup, what's his name? Enrique? JJ?" Sam asks him as he looks at Jacob. "His name is JJ, Sam. You know that. And why can't I bring Bella or JJ around? He isn't like Edward's kid who ages quickly. He grows at a regular kid's pace just alittle bit faster." Jacob rreplies. "I don't want them here to meet MY parents which is why Sam said no. And as a matter of fact, you can stay away too when they're here at Sam and Emily's house." I snapped at him. Seriously, why can't he see that my parents aren't part of his family? They're only part of Sam's because they raised Sam a little bit with his father.

Jacob growls at me and stands up, shaking a bit. "Jacob, stand down. She is not a threat. She is part of this pack like she is part of their coven." Sam commands. Jacob rolls his eyes before storming out. I shake my head and sigh as I look back at Sam. "Speaking of the coven, where are Carlise and Alice?" I ask him. "They're waiting at the car. Alice went back to get her car so Carlisle can drive you home. Alice said she was gonna head to Forks mall and do some shopping. Or something like that." Sam replies while shrugging. "Okay. Well, I better get going then. Call me if you want me to stop by again or if you just wanna hang or even talk." I tell Sam. Sam chuckles and nods before hugging me. "Don't be a stranger." Sam says. I giggle and roll my eyes as I hug him back. "Never. Just call me whenever you wanna hang." I say before pulling out of the hug. Sam chuckles and nods as he rubs my arms before I walk away from him. I walk to the living room and to the small hallway, opening the front door. "There she is. You ready to head back?" Carlisle says while smiling as I walk over to him. "I sure am. I'm glad the collar is off. Granted it was on for a little bit but still. I hate collars. Makes me feel like a dog." I say as I wrap my arms around Carlisle's neck. "As much as I love your arms around me, darling, you smell like a wet dog." Carlisle says as he puts his hands on my side. "Sorry. That's because Sam had to console me after I had almost attacked him when he took the collar off of me." I say as I blush in embarrassment. "Very well. Shall we head home." Carlisle asks me. I smile and nod as we let go of one another and get in the car. Carlisle starts the car and puts it in drive, pulling away from Sam's house and down the road to our home.

-Timeskip drive home-

Carlisle pulls up to the back of Edward's silver Volvo, parking the car. He turns the car off and the both of us get out. Carlisle walks over to me and takes my hand in his, the two of us walking into the house. "I hope she's okay. They've been there for a while. Either Sam wasn't able to take the collar off of her or Carlisle and Sam got into a fight once he did and somehow inflicted some type of pain on Melissa." I hear Rosalie say. "I'm sure Melissa is fine and Sam was able to take the collar off of her by now, babe. They might be on their way home." I hear Emmett respond. Carlisle and I look at one another before smiling as we head straight to the living room, making them look at us. "I'm glad you all care about her. Yes, Sam was able to take the collar off of her and no I did not get into a fight with Sam. I almost did because I was making Melissa feel pain while she still had the collar on but Alice had taken me outside so Sam can help Melissa." Carlisle tells them. "So where's Alice?" Edward asks him. "She went to Forks mall to do some shopping. She'll be back soon I assume." Carlisle replies. Edward nods as Rosalie walks up to us. "I'm glad you're okay, Melissa." Rosalie says before hugging me. I smile and let go of Carlisle's hand before hugging her back.

Rosalie let's go of the hug before walking back over to Emmett. "I'm gonna head upstairs. I feel a bit tired." I tell everyone. "Do you want me to go with you?" Carlisle asks me just as his phone goes off. "No, it's okay. But I would answer your phone. It could be work." I tell him as I kiss his cheek before walking out of the living room. I walk up the stairs and to our bedroom. I close the door behind myself and strip my clothes off. I pick my clothes up and walk to my hamper, throwing my clothes in. I walk to our dresser and open a drawer, grabbing one of his shirts. I slide it on before walking over to our bed. I move the covers over before sitting on the bed. I throw the covers over myself before laying down, grabbing one of his pillows. I pull the pillow close to me as I close my eyes, slowly falling asleep. I don't know why I feel so tired. I guess it's because of the collar Marcus put on me. But why would he do it and why is me joining the Volturi so important to Marcus?