Chapter 25

I turn around and walk out to the garage, ignoring my mother's cries. I shake my head as I grab my car keys. I walk to my car and unlock it before getting in. I turn the ignition on and put the car in drive before pushing the button for the garage doors to open. I drive out of the garage and speed away from the home I grew up in, heading to my new home that is waiting for me behind the sign.

Little did I know that Carlisle was with Jasper while Chris and James were on their way to deal with the two Cullens.

I pull to the side of the highway and put my blinkers on. I park my car and get out, looking for Carlisle. I walk to the back of the sign and gasp at the sight. "Chris! James! What are you two doing to them!?" I yell out as I run to them. "Who are these vampires?" James asks me. "One of them is my mate and the other one is his adopted son! Let them go!" I yell out, pushing Chris off of Carlisle. James gets off Jasper and I look at Carlisle. "Are you two okay?" I ask as I look at Jasper then back at Carlisle. "Yeah but who are they?" Jasper replies, looking at the two. "These are District 13's king and first in command, Chris and James. Chris and James, these are the Olympic coven, the Cullen coven to be precise, Leader Carlisle and his adopted son, well one of the members from the coven, Jasper Cullen." I say as I gesture to each of them. Carlisle walks over to me, making me look at him. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into him. I hug him back, tightly as I hide my face in his chest. "I'm so glad you're back, darling." Carlisle says as he hides his face in my hair. "I'm glad to be back in your arms, my love." I say into his chest.

Carlisle pulls me out of the hug and kisses me oh so gently. I kiss him back as I grip his shirt, pulling him closer. He pulls out of the kiss and leans his forehead on mine while keeping his eyes closed. I stare at his face before he opens his eyes. "Even if it was a short while, I did miss you." Carlisle tells me. "I feel the same way. Now let me deal with these two morons." I say as I take a step back and turning around. I glare at James and Chris, making them flinch under my glare. "Now can you both tell me why the fuck I found you both trying to kill my fucking mate and his coven member?" I snap. "We felt another vampire on our district and came to see who they were after we killed them. We didnt know that they knew you." Chris tells me. I sigh as I run a hand through my hair. "You two need to seriously update your rules. You should ask who they are and why they are here before you kill them, not after." I say before turning away. "I'm sorry, Melissa." I hear James say. "If you were sorry you wouldn't have done it. Leave before I bite you both in my timber wolf form and believe me it will not be pretty." I say as I look down. I hear them walk away before I look back up at Carlisle.

He wraps an arm around my shoulders as the three of us walk back to my car. "Shall we return home?" Jasper asks us as he opens the back passenger side door. I giggle and nod, smiling at him. He smiles back as I walk to the driver side. "Do you want me to drive, darling?" Carlisle asks me. I look at him and shake my head. "I can drive, love. But thanks for asking." I say before getting in. He chuckles as he gets in the passenger side. I put my car in reverse and turn my blinkers off. I reverse off the side and back onto the highway. I put my car in drive quickly and speed down the highway, heading back to our home.

Skip drive to Cullen home

I pull up behind the silver Volvo and park my car. I turn my car off and the three of us get out. I close the driver side just as the door opens. I watch Alice run down the stairs and over to me, hugging me tight. I laugh as I hug her back. "Welcome home, Melissa." Alice says. I chuckle as I smile more. "Thank you. Alice. It's good to be back." I tell her as she pulls out of the hug. She walks over to Jasper, making me smile. I walk over to Carlisle and the two of us walk up the small set of stairs and to the front door. I open the front door and smile when I hear someone play Beethoven's song. The fifth symphony. My favorite symphony. I walk to the living room and see Dani and Rosalie gossiping over a magazine. Edward and Renesmee are at the piano. More like Renesmee watching her father play the song. I smile more as I walk over to the small family, putting my hands behind my back. "You have to know that I love Beethoven's fifth symphony. Now I'm curious if you knew I was coming home or not." I say, joking at the end. Edward stops as the two of them look up at me.

Renesmee gets off the bench and walks over to me. I smile at her as she hugs me. I hug her back before looking at Edward. "I didn't know you liked that song." Edward tells me. "Well, now you know. I knew that song since I first started to play the piano." I say as I wrap an arm around Renesmee. "Can you still play?" Edward replies. I nod and he gets up, moving off the bench. I take his spot and crack my fingers. I take a deep breath as I play a song Marcus and I love. We made it up, really. Marcus had a beat for it and we went with his beat while I came up with the lyrics.

"Is it easier to stay? Is it easier to go?
I don't wanna know, oh
But I know that I'm never, ever gonna change
And you know you don't want it any other way

Why do we always gotta run away?
And we wind up in the same place
It's like we're looking for the same thing
Same thing, yeah
Yeah, do we really gotta do this now?
Right here with all your friends around
In the morning, we can work it out
Work it out

I love you so much that I hate you

Right now, it's so hard to blame you
'Cause you're so damn beautiful
You're so damn beautiful

Is it easier to stay? Is it easier to go?
I don't wanna know, oh
But I know that I'm never, ever gonna change
And you know that you're always gonna stay the same
Is it easier to stay? Is it easier to go?
I don't wanna know, oh
But I know that I'm never, ever gonna change
And you know you don't want it any other way

Every time that you say you're gonna leave
That's when you get the very best of me
You know we need it like the air we breathe
Air we breathe, yeah

I love you so much that I hate you (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
Right now, it's so hard to blame you (Oh)
'Cause you're so damn beautiful (Oh)
You're so damn beautiful (Oh-oh, oh-oh)

Is it easier to stay? Is it easier to go?
I don't wanna know, oh
But I know that I'm never, ever gonna change
And you know that you're always gonna stay the same
Is it easier to stay? Is it easier to go?
I don't wanna know, oh (I don't wanna know)
But I know that I'm never, ever gonna change
And you know you don't want it any other way

The hardest part of all
(Da-da-da-dum-da-da)
Is that we're only built to fall
(Is it any easier?)

Is it easier to stay? Is it easier to go?
I don't wanna know, oh (Oh-oh)
But I know that I'm never, ever gonna change
And you know that you're always gonna stay the same (Is it easier?)
Is it easier to stay? Is it easier to go? (Yeah)
I don't wanna know, oh (Oh)
But I know that I'm never, ever gonna change
And you know you don't want it any other way

I love you so much that I hate you (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
Right now, it's so hard to blame you
'Cause you're so damn beautiful."

I finish as I hit the last note. I look up and watch them all except Rosalie smile. They clap as I stand up, bowing a bit. They laugh as I stand up straight, moving off the bench. "Thank you for letting me play, Edward. I do appreciate playing the piano again." I tell him. He chuckles and smiles at me. "You're welcome, Melissa. You can play anytime you'd like. I'm sure we would all love to hear you play." Edward tells me. "Yes, Edward is right. We would all love to hear you play your lovely music." Carlisle adds, making Rosalie scoff. I look at her and put my hands on my hips. "Rosalie, please do not make another argument happen." Emmett tells her. She glares at him before speeding out of the house. I can't help but run after her, ignoring their calls. I have to find out what is going on with her and why she is acting like this. There has to be a reason why.

Little did I know that Emmett knows why she is acting like this after Edward ran my unconscious form to my hometown.