Chapter 14

I walk out my house and close the door. "So now what?" I hear Edward ask me. "Well, I'm heading to work. I'll talk to him when I get there. Just go back home." I tell him, walking up to Sam's car. I open the passenger door and get in. I close it and look at Sam. He nods as he puts his car in drive, pulling away from my house. "Okay. So the hospital right?" He asks me. "Yeah. Then you go home. I don't want you going back to my house to talk to Edward." I tell him. He'll most likely go back to snap at Edward.

Little did I know that Carlisle was pacing back in forth in our office, waiting for me to talk to him.

Sam pulls up to the hospital and looks at me. "I'll see you soon, Sam. I promise." I tell him. He nods as I go over the console, hugging him. He hugs me back, kissing my head. "Okay, now head to work. I'll see you soon." Sam replies, letting go. I nod and get out his car. I close the door and pat it twice. I walk in as I put my phone in my other hand. "Morning Melissa." Jessica says. "Morning." I say back as I walk to our office. I open the door, watching Carlisle pacing back in forth in front of his desk. I close the door, making him look at me. "Where have you been and why didn't have your phone with you?" He asks me. "I left my phone at home and I was at Sam's house." I tell him. "Why did you leave to go to Sam's place?" He replies. I scoff then chuckle. "Are you jealous, Carlisle?" I say, smirking. "How could I not? He is a werewolf and I'm a vampire. He can keep you warm while I can keep you freezing." He tells me sadly. Is that what he thinks? Oh my goddess he's wrong. I wouldn't leave him for Sam. Sam's like a big brother. Marcus used to say he was anyway which is why I looked up to him as a big brother. And besides, Sam knows because he treats me like a baby sister.

I walk up to him and take his hands in mine. "I don't want Sam, okay? Sam is one of my best friends who I love as a brother. And as for you being cold, it surprisingly keeps me warm. So I don't care if you're a vampire or if he's a werewolf. He is my best friend and has been since I can remember. So don't put yourself down." I tell him, smiling a bit. He looks at me and nods. I peck his lips then smile. "Come on, let me clock in and then we can see what you have to do." I tell him. He nods as I let go of his hands. I walk to my desk and sit down in my chair. I open the laptop and turn it on. I put the file in the outbox pile and click on chrome.

I log in and look at the new file on my desk. I type the appointments in my notes then click save. Seems easy enough. We have time to ourselves for a bit. I log out and look at Carlisle, biting my lip when I see how concentrated he is. I look away as I look at the schedule for today. 10:30 is a physical with a gentleman named Ramon Grey. At noon he has one for a blood transfusion with a lady named Grace Kelly. Then it's lunch. At 1:45, it's a chemo session with someone named Ricardo Martinez. Then at 3:00 it's a checkup with a woman named Elena Johnson. Then at 4:30, right before we leave, it's another blood transfusion with what appears to be twins named Ella and Ally Rodriguez.

I look up and see Carlisle already looking at me. "So, when do we start?" He asks me. I grab the schedule as I stand up. "Well, at 10:30 is a physical with a gentleman named Ramon Grey. At noon you have one for a blood transfusion with a lady named Grace Kelly. Then it's lunch. At 1:45, you have a chemo session with someone named Ricardo Martinez. At 3:00 you have a checkup with a woman named Elena Johnson. Then at 4:30, right before we leave, you have another blood transfusion with what appears to be twins named Ella and Ally Rodriguez." I tell him while walking to his desk. I look up and watch him nod. "Okay, seems simple enough. I'll just have to ask for two blood bags then for the two blood transfusions. And another two for myself. I haven't fed yet because of Rosalie. She was telling me not to date you and all this nonsense." He replies, making me growl. "Why is she so hung up on the fact that you can't have another chance at love? You're my mate and there's nothing she can do to change it." I growl out as I feel my eyes change to yellow.

He looks at me and quickly gets up. He walks over to me as I drop the schedule on his desk, quickly clenching my hands. "Melissa, you need to relax. Rosalie can say what she wants but that doesn't mean I'm going to listen to her. I'm still going to date you and soon enough marry you one day. She isn't going to change anything between us." Carlisle tells me, making me stop growling. I look at him with wide eyes. He puts his hands on my face and gently kisses me. I close my eyes and kiss back, wrapping my arms around his neck. He removes his hands from my cheeks and slides them down to my waist. I grip the collar of his doctor jacket as he hoists me up on his desk, pushing everything to the side. I giggle as he lays me back on his desk, crawling on top of me. He puts his hands flat on his desk as he swipes his tongue across my bottom lip. I moan and open my mouth, put tongues fighting for dominance.

Little did I know that Rosalie was in the woods, getting angry watching us make out on his desk.