Chapter 3

I get up and push my chair in. "I'll be right back. I'll be back before you have to do your first scheduled appointment." I tell him as I walk out. I walk to the front double doors and straight to the woods.

Little do I know that Dr. Cullen was watching me go to the woods.

Carlisle's POV

I watch Melissa walk to the woods, making me raise an eyebrow. I watch her look around then continue to walk into the woods. Where is she going? Why does she keep looking around? I walk out of our office and nod at Jessica. I walk out and look around, making sure there's no one around. When I don't see anyone, I speed into the woods, going the same way she went. I jump onto a tree branch and watch her take her heels off. I watch her take her jacket off and hang it on the branch. I feel my eyes get dark when I watch her take her dress off. I know I shouldn't be watching but I want to know why she left. And what she is hiding as well. I thought I saw her eyes turn black in the corner of my eye when Noah had introduced us.

I watch her look around as she hangs her dress on the same branch her jacket is on. I hold in a growl when I watch her take her bra and underwear off. She drops them and I hold in a gasp when I watch her shift into a timber wolf. I watch her yellow eyes look around then stop. She sniffs the air and growls. I tense, realizing that she now knows what I am. That and that I'm watching her. Well, probably not watching her but she knows that there's a vampire near the area. I turn around and run back to the hospital. I haven't seen any shapeshifters since the one 200 years ago. How can it be? Could it be the one I met in Venice was related to her?

I walk back inside the hospital and to my office. I close the door behind me and walk to my desk. I'll give her some privacy so when she returns she can come with me to my scheduled appointments. I work on my laptop and can't help but think. Why did she move here? What is her hometown? Why did she leave her hometown? No shapeshifter leaves their family unless there is a reason behind it. Perhaps her sibling passed away. She said it was a family member. But she never said if it was a sibling, parent, cousin, aunt, uncle, or grandparent. I'll have to ask her when she returns.

I didn't know that I was thinking so much about Melissa until I felt her hand on my shoulder. I snap my head up, my golden orbs looking into her blue orbs. "Dr. Cullen, are you okay? You seemed like you were spaced out." She asks me. I nod as I look back at my computer. If I was human I would be blushing right now. "Yes, forgive me. I was thinking of my adopted children. More or less about what to say to Rosalie." I lie as I close my laptop. I look at my phone and realize that she was gone for 20 minutes and that it's time for my first scheduled appointment. She nods as she grabs the file off of my desk. "Well, we have to work. So let's start with Samantha McClain. She has a checkup on her arm. She wants to know when she can have her cast off. It says she's in room 12." Melissa tells me. I nod as I get up. I push my chair in and walk out, Melissa following behind me to the room Samantha was assigned.

---Skip work to end of day---
Melissa's POV

I walk to my desk and pull my chair out. I sit down as I click on chrome. I quickly log in then clock out. I log out and turn my laptop off. I swear when I shifted, I smelled a vampire. But James or Chris wouldn't come here. They would have to bring Susan with them. (You see what I did? It's reminds you of another TV show right? Anyway carry on.🤣😂) I shake my head as I close my laptop and get up. I push my chair in and grab my purse. I walk to the small kitchen and to the fridge. I open it and grab my container. I only ate half of it but I could just save it for tomorrow. I shake my head and put it back. I turn around and gasp when I see Carlisle behind me. "Dr. Cullen, I didn't see you there." I quickly apologize, trying not to have my eyes go black. I tense when I watch his eyes go full black. "Is there anything else you would like for me to do for tomorrow?" I ask him. "No, but there are some documents that need to be checked out. I'd like for you to check them and edit them." He replies.

I nod as I walk around him. "Very well, Dr. Cullen. I'll take a look about it." I tell him as I walk out the kitchen. I walk to my desk and grab the file along with my purse. As I walk to the door, I hear Dr. Cullen call my name out. "Yes Dr. Cullen?" I ask as I turn around, my hand lingering my hand over the knob. "Please, call me Carlisle. Have a good night, Melissa." He tells me. I blush and nod as I walk out. I need to get home and shift. I need to run for at least a little bit.