Chapter 36

Carlisle walks into the living room, everyone standing up when they see me in Carlisle's arms. "What happened?" Jasper asks Carlisle as his face scrunches up, making me hold back a whine when I realize that Jasper can feel my pain. Sorry Jasper. "Melissa came to find me in Louisiana and fought one of her old friends. Her old friend bit her in her neck and her parents had to inject a syringe into her neck as well in one of the spots so she didn't have to be turned beforehand. She just needs rest. I'm going to bring her up to our room and allow her to rest. Please, no one bother me while I am with her unless it's important or about Melissa or about our mate bond." Carlisle says as he walks out of the living room, heading toward the stairs. Carlisle walks up the stairs and down the hallway to our room, opening the slightly open door with his foot. He walks over to our bed before laying me down gently, taking my sandals off. "Do you want me to take your clothes off or just put the covers over you?" Carlisle asks me. I shake my head before moving slowly and laying on my side, my eyes slowly closing. "No, just lay the cover on me. I just want to sleep." I tell him. Carlisle chuckles as I feel him put the cover on top of me before feeling his hand on my head. "Sleep well, Melissa. I'll see you when you wake." Carlisle says as I slowly fall asleep.

Three days later

I slowly open my eyes before covering my mouth as I yawn. I slowly sit up, rubbing my eyes before looking around. What time is it? How long was I asleep for? "Good morning, darling. How did you sleep?" I hear Carlisle ask, making me look at our bedroom door. I smile a bit as he walks in, sitting on the edge of the bed next to me while putting a hand on mine that are on my lap. "I slept fine. Feel better, just a bit hungry. Um, how long was I asleep for, love?" I said to him, tilting my head. "About three days. I was worried about you but from the book we read on that sleeping is always best for shapeshifters. Especially after they got bit by a vampire and got a syringe filled with healing remedies in their neck. We didn't disturb you while you slept, if you were worried about that." Carlisle explains to me. I blink a few times, surprised that Carlisle and the others knew that information. "Alright. Um, can I head downstairs or am I bed ridden for the day, doctor~?" I ask him while smirking.

Carlisle chuckles as he puts his free hand on my cheek, leaning closer to me. "You are free to do whatever you want, darling. Just please do not overwork yourself. You might still be weak." Carlisle replies as he kisses me gently. I kiss him back as I wrap an arm around his neck, pulling him a bit closer. He pulls out of the kiss before shaking his head, chuckling. "Do not tempt me, darling. You are still recovering. Instead of doing this, let's go downstairs and get you something to eat. I'm sure Alice and Rosalie are trying to think of what to make you for breakfast." Carlisle replies. I giggle and nod as he gets up, taking the covers off of me. He puts a hand out, making me smile at him as I take his hand in mine. Carlisle helps me out of bed before wrapping an arm around me, the two of us walking out of our bedroom. We walk down the hallway and down the stairs before heading for the kitchen. Carlisle moves me back when a plate is thrown outside the kitchen. "Is something the matter?" Carlisle asks as we slowly walk in. I watch Alice, Rosalie, Emmett, and Jasper look at us as we walk in, Alice holding back a squeal while smiling at me. "I'm so happy to see you awake, Mel. Are you hungry? Thirsty? Anything you want us to make specifically?" Alice asks me quickly, making Rosalie put a hand on her arm. "Alice, take a breather. Let Mel sit down and let us know what she wants. It's clear that she just woke up." Rosalie tells her. "I know but she did give us a scare. She was asleep for three days and didn't even move from her sleeping position." Alice tells her. "Look, I know I was asleep for 3 days but I was healing very slowly the longer I stayed awake. I didn't want to fight it. I needed to sleep. So, for right now, can someone make me a Triple Cheese Omelet with a cup of orange juice?" I said to them.

Alice nods quickly as she goes to the fridge, making me chuckle as Carlisle brings me to the table. "She's been in a crazy mood since you didn't wake up the first night. Seems she truly does care about you." Carlisle says to me. I look at Carlisle as he sits down, surprised any one of them are worried about me. "I mean, I don't fully understand it, but in a way, I guess I do. Just, um, not fully used to a big family, I mean, coven like this. Used to hanging with my Momma and Poppa." I tell him. Carlisle chuckles and nods while smiling at me as he tucks some stray hair behind my ear, making me blush and smile at him a bit. "Well, we do consider ourselves as a family. But not everyone thinks that all covens are a family or like a family." Carlisle says as he takes his hand in mine. "I mean, if you're around people you either turned for a reason or just turned for an unknown reason, then you should at least consider them family at some point." I tell him. Carlisle chuckles and nods as he looks at me. "We all consider ourselves as a family, even if we came centuries or decades after one another." Rosalie says, making me look at her. "How far apart are you all, anyways?" I ask her. "Oh, it's between 5 decades and a little over a century. First was my wife Esme, she was going to do suicide when she lost her husband and unborn child at the time. Next was Edward since he was dying of a disease that had no cure at the time. Then it was Emmett and he was turned a century later from a bear attack in the woods. Rosalie was turned about 2 decades later when she was assaulted by not only her fiancée but his friends as well in an alleyway. Then Alice was 50 years after that from what I believe was an injection gone wrong. It was killing her from the inside out very slowly. Jasper was actually turned and I had met him about half a century later after I had turned Alice. He was turned from another female vampire named Maria and was taught to train an army of newborn vampires whenever Maria had turned vampires. Danielle was turned recently after she had her and Edward's child, Renesmee since she was a human before having her. I had no choice but to turn her because I didn't want Edward to feel depression or seem depressed a second time. The first time was hard enough as it was when Bella had left him at the alter for Jacob Black over in La Push. So, I did what I had to do and Danielle understands why she was changed as well. She took it quite easily since she truly is in love with Edward." Carlisle explains to me.