Chapter 24

I put my phone on the table and look at my parents. "So when are you waking up? Maybe I can drive you to work." Poppa asks me. "I was thinking of waking up at 5 in the morning. Leave here right after." I tell him. He nods and unwraps his arms from Momma. He walks over to me and hugs me. I close my eyes and hug him back.

Little did I know about Edward already knowing about my return and calming down a stressed out Carlisle.

Poppa pulls out of the hug and smiles at me sadly. "I wish you could have stayed longer." poppa says. I nod as I put my hands in my pockets. "I know, Poppa. But it would be best if I went tomorrow morning or later tonight. I don't want to hurt anyone here, especially one of the vampires." I tell him. He nods as I get up. I grab my dishes and walk to the sink. I put my dishes in the sink and walk out the kitchen. "Momma, mind if I take my motorcycle and head to River's bar and grill?" I call out as I walk to the door. "Go ahead, sweetie. You know where your keys to your motorcycle are." Momma replies. I smile as I grab my keys. I open the door and walk out,  closing the door behind myself. I walk down the stairs and head to the garage. I open the side door and smile when I see my motorcycle leaned against the wall next to my car.

 I open the side door and smile when I see my motorcycle leaned against the wall next to my car

I walk to my motorcycle and kick the kickstand up, walking it out the garage

I walk to my motorcycle and kick the kickstand up, walking it out the garage. I close the door before getting it on. I put my keys in in and rev it, smirking when I hear the engine rev. Awe yeah, listen to him purr. I rev it again before speeding away from my home. I want to see someone before I go. I know they might hate me for leaving but I didn't want to stay here knowing it was my fault for his death. Even if they tell me that it wasnt my fault, it still feels like it is.

I ride up to River's bar and grill and come to a stop. I turn my motorcycle off and kick the  kickstand down. I get off my motorcycle and walk into the bar and grille. I automatically spot Susan's brother, Johnny (see what i did there? lol anyway moving on.) at the bar. Johnny said he would always sit there and wait for me to come in but when I told him I was leaving, he said he would wait for me to return. I know it has been a while but that doesn't mean that I wasn't going to come back. I was planning on visiting but since my mate is a vampire, that may be a bit harder. If it was a werewolf -or shifter as Sam calls himself and his pack- I would have gotten a bit of an advantage. I walk up to Johnny and tap his shoulder. "I told you, Susan. Leave me alone. She ain't ever coming back. It has been how long since she left?" Johnny says, not bothering to look over his shoulder. I raise an eyebrow and cross my arms. "Says the one who has clearly not even bothered to look over his damn shoulder to see who the hell was shaking his shoulder." I reply, my accent coming out. I may have forgotten to mention that I am Italian. Whoopsie. Johnny turns around in his seat and gasps when he sees me. "Lissa. I didn't even think you would even come back. I'm sorry but Susan kept doing what you just did every single day and it got bothersome to the point of not wanting to look over my shoulder." Johnny tells me. "I'll let it slide but I figured I would come and say a quick hello and see how you are doing before heading back." I tell him. "Why would you want to go back?" Johnny replies. Okay, so clearly he hasn't found his mate yet. Fair enough. So he wouldn't know about the bond you get when you have one.

I pull the collar of my button-down shirt down a bit and show him my mark I got from Carlisle. "Who's Carlisle? Wait, is he your mate?" Johnny says, looking at my mark. I nod as I pull my collar back up, covering it again. "Yup, and he is the one that I am going back there to. If I don't go back in the next few days, then we would both get sick until we were reunited." I tell him. He nods before hugging me, tightly. I hug him back as I close my eyes, missing my best friend. Johnny knows how I get in certain situations and understood deeply why I wanted to leave. I let go of the hug and turn around, walking out of River's bar and grille. I know if I stay a little longer, I would stay home. I growl, shaking my head at my decisions. Fuck it. I'm going back now. I get on my bike and turn my bike on, speeding away from the bar and grille.

I pull up to my house and kick the kickstand down again. I get off my bike and jog back in. I can't stay here. I already feel my chest tightening from being away from him. I open the front door and run to the stairs, going up by 2. "Honey? Is that you?" I hear my mom call out. I grip my shirt as I slam my door open. I run to my bed and grab my phone, watching Alice already calling me. I answer it and put it on speaker. "Hello?" I wheeze out as I look for my inhaler. This is why I have an inhaler. For times like these. "Melissa, are you feeling like you're having a panic or asthma attack right now?" She asks me. "Yeah, why am I feeling like this?" I ask her. "Carlisle and Jasper are-" I cut her off. "No! They cant come here! They're gonna get killed if they come here!" I yell out as I fall on my knees. "Melissa? Darling is that you?" I hear Carlisle say. I whimper as I crawl towards my phone. "Baby?" I whisper as I grab my phone from my bed, taking it off speaker. "Yes, it's me, darling. Are you okay?" Carlisle asks me.

I whimper more and shake my head. "No, I'm not. What's going on?" I ask him as I weakly try to get up, only to fall back on my knees in front of my bed. "That is the mate bond we have. You are away from me and the side effects I do not fully know what they are. But if you return home, you wont feel like that." Carlisle tells me. "I will return home, baby. I'll leave right now." I say as I get up. "Alright, darling. I will be waiting at the highway for you. Behind the leaving Louisiana sign." Carlisle says before I hang up. I get up again and walk out my room. I walk to the stairs and walk down them quickly. "Munchkin, everything okay?" I turn around and see my parents. "No, Poppa. My chest hurts and my mate told me if I leave sooner rather than later, I won't feel like this." I tell him. Momma sadly nods as they walk up to me, hugging me tightly. I hug them back before pulling out of the hug.

I turn around and walk out to the garage, ignoring my mother's cries. I shake my head as I grab my car keys. I walk to my car and unlock it before getting in. I turn the ignition on and put the car in drive before pushing the button for the garage doors to open. I drive out of the garage and speed away from the home I grew up in, heading to my new home that is waiting for me behind the sign.

Little did I know that Carlisle was with Jasper while Chris and James were on their way to deal with the two Cullens.

Hey guys! Sorry about that! Been really busy with work and my school that I only type a little bit before I am called for something at work or school. Thank you so much for waiting. I will have another one up by next week hopefully. Same thing for the Carlos De Vil love story of anyone is also reading that. If not then feel free to read that as you wait. Thanks for waiting patiently! Later!