Chapter 9

I slowly sit up and groan in pain before watching Alice speed up to me. "Are you okay?" She asks me in a high voice. "Holding your breath?" I ask her. She looks at me and nods. "I'm fine. Just get the glass out. I'll start healing once it's out." I tell her as I start taking the glass shards out. Alice slowly helps me as Emmett speeds up to us, bending down while looking at Alice. "Carlisle is holding Dani back and Edward is holding Jasper back. Dani made Jasper go off as well so they need your help with Jasper. I'll help Melissa." Emmett tells her. She nods and speeds away from us. Emmett helps me take the glass shards out of my arms. Fuck why does this hurt more than it should? "Anywhere else?" He asks me. I shake my head as he helps me up. "How's Carlisle?" I ask him, feeling guilty. I made them go crazy. Especially Jasper. He seems like a quiet vampire and looks like he never goes off like that. "He's fine. He's trying to make Dani calm down. She's new to being a vampire so it's taking time for her to know what to drink and not to give into the crave." Emmett replies. I nod as we walk back to the house. "Alice said that she's having someone come to fix the window tomorrow so don't feel bad." Emmett tells me. I nod as we walk back up the stairs.

Little do I know that Carlisle was fighting a blood thirsty Danielle next to Edward trying not to kill his adopted brother, Jasper.

Emmett opens the door and stops me from walking in. "I'll get Carlisle's jacket so it can mask your scent. Hopefully it works." He tells me. I nod as he walks in, closing the door behind him. I caused all of this. I shouldn't have told him that I wanted to come. I should've said no. I should've waited. But my stupid mate bond is making me want to. I'm not even sure if I can even control myself at work knowing that I'm with Carlisle. I shake my head and look down. I need to call my parents and see if it's possible for a shapeshifter to have a mate bond on a vampire. And quick. I don't want to get hurt anymore than I should or more than I'm used to.

I jump when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I grab the wrist and flip them over my back, slamming them on the floor while hearing a crack in the steps. I snap my head to face them but gasp when I see Emmett. "I'm sorry Melissa. Didn't mean to scare you. I was calling your name when I came back out and you didn't answer. Didn't know you were going to do this to me." He tells me. I shake my head as I let go. He stands up and dusts himself off. "Nice reflexes by the way." He adds as he hands me Carlisle's jacket.

I grab it and put it on, pulling the collar close to my face. I sniff it and sigh happily. He smells like the hospital with a hint of apple cinnamon in it. I open my eyes when I hear Emmett laughing while tapping my arm. "I'm sorry but it looked like you were enjoying it too much I had to." He tells me. I shake my head, blushing. "Let's just get me inside." I say. He nods as we walk in. He walks me to the stairs but I slide under his arm. I peak into the living room and watch Edward sit Jasper on the couch with a cup in his free hand. Is that animal blood in a cup? "Yes it is, Melissa. Although I promised I wouldn't read your mind, I couldn't help it." Edward says to me, making everyone look at me. Emmett puts me behind him a bit as Carlisle gets up. "Dani is fine, Emmett. I had to give her two cups of animal blood to calm her down. Melissa, you can go up to my room now. Alice will show you." Carlisle says as Alice walks down the stairs, smiling.

She walks up to me and giggles. I raise an eyebrow and she shakes her head. "Come on. I know just what you can wear to bed. Carlisle will come up in a bit." She tells me. I nod as we walk out of the living room, straight up the stairs. She opens a door as she walks in. I look around and smile. "Your sleep outfit is right there." She tells me as she points to it. I look at it and gasp. (Pic is above) "Alice, why is this out?" I ask her. "That's what you're wearing. Trust me when I say Carlisle will love it." Alice replies. I look at her and she smiles more. I sigh and nod. "Alright. I'll put it on. Now go hunt with Dani. I think you both need it. Your eyes are still black." I tell her. She nods and walks out as I walk to the bed. I slide my vans off and strip out of my shirt and jeans. I grab the nightgown and slide it on. I take my bra off underneath and pick my clothes up. I fold them and walk to his dresser. I put them on top of his dresser.

I walk back to the bed just as I hear the door open. I look up and watch Carlisle walk in. He looks at me and tenses, his eyes going back. "Melissa, you look amazing. I apologize if my eyes turned black but I couldn't help it. I had a cup of animal blood but the way you look in that nightgown just makes my eyes turn black." He tells me. I blush and look down, playing with the end of the nightgown.

Little did I know that I would be getting a makeout session before I went to bed in his arms.