Chapter 43

I walk out the front door and down the porch stairs before taking my shades off and putting them on the stairs. I shift into my timber wolf form, my clothes wrapping around my ankle. I shake my fur out before running into the woods, heading straight for the treaty line. Hopefully I don't fight with Momma about Marcus. And hopefully Danielle doesn't start anything with her either because I have a feeling she might. I shake my head, getting rid of those thoughts before running faster. I know Poppa can't wait to see me even though it hasn't been that long. And this time we can actually hang out without anyone from Louisiana interrupting us. I howl in joy when I see Sam just pulling up to the treaty line. I jump over the treaty line and run to the nearest tree, shifting back to my human form. I fix my clothes and make sure my hair is as good as it can get before walking over to Sam's Jeep. "Nice to see you actually listened for once. Thought we'd have to go back to your place and get your Jeep before heading to the airport." I say to Sam jokingly as I get in. Sam rolls his eyes and chuckles as he gives me a playful glare. "You know I wouldn't do that to your parents. They're like my second parents." Sam replies as he pulls away from the treaty line, heading to the road to head to the airport.

Sam pulls up to the airport and pulls into a parking spot. Sam and I get out of his Jeep before walking into the airport. I sniff the air for Momma or Poppa before coughing when I get a huge whiff of perfume. "What's wrong?" Sam asks me as he puts a hand on my back. "Nothing. It's perfume central here." I say while waving a hand on the air in front of me. Sam chuckles and looks around before pointing to a nearby Starbucks. "I think they're in there. We did take a while." Sam says. I rolled my eyes and hit him in his arm playfully before jogging over to Starbucks. "Momma! Poppa!" I yell out happily as I run over to them. Poppa opens his arms and catches me when I jump into his arms. "It's great to see you, munchkin. And not injured or under any kind of spell." Poppa says as he looks at me while smiling. I smile back before hugging Momma.

Momma pulls out of the hug before hugging Sam when he gets close to us. "It's great to see you again, Sam. How are you doing? How's Emily? And the pack?" Momma asks him as she looks at him before putting a hand on his cheek. "You need to shave. You're getting a 5 o'clock shadow." Momma adds as she pinches his cheek. Sam chuckles and moves her hand off his cheek before smiling at her. "Glad to see you too, Aunt Mariah. I'm doing good. Busy managing a pack of teens and a few young adults basically. And Emily's good. We're trying to help the young ones with their anger issues. Some are good while others have their issues. Nothing we can't do. But enough about me. How have you and Uncle Chris been doing? Thinking about going anywhere besides here?" Sam replies.

Momma giggles and smiles at him before shrugging. "Well, if you must know, your Uncle and I have been planning on going on a cruise once we get a free chance without any issues. You know how Melissa is and causing problems." Momma says, making me raise an eyebrow. "How am I the one that is causing problems? I didn't do any of this. This is about Marcus being alive and a damn hybrid. I'm going to be a hybrid when the time is right but it won't be right now." I say as I cross my arms. "Marcus wouldn't do any of this to you and you know it, Melissa. You're the one who used to cause problems for Marcus." Momma replies. "Again, how did I do any of this? Marcus has been jealous of me from day one. He always wanted to be in the spotlight. And for you, he was." I snap at her. Momma gives he a warning growl, making me roll my eyes and shake my head. "Honey, we're not here to argue with her. We're here to help her. So don't start an argument with her now. We're not in Louisiana right now." Poppa tells her as he puts a hand on her arm. Momma shrugs it off before giving him that knowing look. "And yet we wouldn't be here if she chose to just go to his award ceremony instead of worrying about her stupid job here in Washington." Momma replies, making me tense.

I look at Momma before dropping my arms. "You think this is my fault? How about when I told Marcus I was planning on moving and he was okay with it at first? How about when he was supportive of me going to Washington? How about the fact that Marcus never asked me about going to the ceremony because he knew I wanted to become a nurse elsewhere? But you wouldn't know about any of that crap if you didn't have your head so far up his ass to give a crap about what I was doing. So please just shut up and let's just figure out why he's doing this to me." I snapped at Momma, clenching my hands. "She's right, darling. Let's just focus on what she has going on then we can go home." Poppa says as he puts a hand on her arm. She shrugs his hand off of her before walking out of Starbucks, heading for the exit. I roll my eyes and shake my head as the three of us walk out behind her. This is gonna be a long day.

Time skip to Sam's place

Sam parks his Jeep in front of his house just as the front door opens. "So what? We're just allowing people to just come here without asking questions Sam?" Jacob asks Sam, making me get out first. "Jacob, I told you I didn't want your stupid ass wife or fucking child here. Your fucking family isn't part of mine. So why bring them over?" I snarl at him. "Because I'm an Alpha and don't have to listen to you." Jacob snaps back. "And Sam said I was an Alpha as well as my parents so take your fucking stupid wife and kid and leave. I ain't dealing with this shit today." I snap at him. Jacob snarls at me, making me snarl back at him but louder. "Who is this, munchkin?" Poppa asks me, making me look at Poppa. "This is the one that I told you about hurting one of the Cullen's and putting him into a suicidal state because his supposed to be wife left him at the alter." I say while pointing to Bella and their mutt of a kid. "You mean the one who was supposed to be Alpha but chose to be a second Alpha?" Poppa says, making me nod. "Alright. Jacob, was it?" Poppa says as he walks over to him slowly. "Yeah, what of it?" Jacob says as he nods slowly.

Poppa nods before giving him an uppercut, making me stare at Poppa with wide eyes. "Holy shit Uncle Chris. That was awesome." Sam says as he walks over to him while Bella runs over to Jacob, his mutt of a kid running behind her. I laugh while walking over to Poppa, putting a hand on his back. "Poppa that was amazing. Come on you have to meet the other members of the pack. Believe me, they would want to know who knocked Jacob down." I say as I smile at him. Poppa chuckles and smiles at me as the two of us walk into Sam and Emily's place. "Guess who just knocked out Jacob Black with just one punch? My Poppa did and it was amazing." I call out as I take Poppa to the kitchen. "Who knocked him out?" Paul asks me. I chuckle as I point to my Poppa before pointing to one of the extra chairs. "My Poppa. Poppa, this is part of the pack, Paul, Jared, Quill, and Emery. The rest are probably out doing something or with their families. Everyone else, this is my father, or Poppa as I call him, Christian Rivera." I say as I introduce everyone. "Well, I can say one thing, Christian, that I am amazed someone else can knock him out besides Sam." Paul says, making Poppa and myself chuckle.

I smile at Emily as I gesture to her. "And this is Sam's wife, Emily Uley. She is also Sam's imprint." I say while winking at Emily. Emily blushes and smiles at me before waving a bit at Poppa. "Nice to meet you, Christian. I hope you enjoy staying at my home with your wife." Emily says, making Poppa chuckle. I hear the phone go off, making me walk over to the counter near the back door. "Hello? Uley residence. Melissa speaking how can I help you?" I say when I answer the house phone. "Hello Melissa. I'm sure you know who I am." I hear Jane say, making me tense. "How did you get his number?" I ask her as I open the back sliding door, walking out. "That's for me to know and you to figure out. As of right now, you have a choice. Either come get your long lost brother your parents hid from you or have him suffer. Your choice." I hear her say. I scoff and rolly eyes as I put my free hand on my hip. "I don't have any missing family members so stop it Jane." I say before hanging up. I walk back in and put the phone on the charging dock, heading back to the table where everyone is talking and laughing.