Chapter 12

I shake my head and take my heels off. "Darling." Carlisle says but I shake my head at him as I shift into a hawk, making my clothes drop to the floor. I fly over to Rosalie and swipe my claws at her hair, making her scream and try to swat at me. I fly out the opened window and to my house. How could she say that? I didn't do anything to her!

Little did I know that Carlisle and Edward were looking for me after they yelled at Rosalie.

I fly to my house and into my window. I shift back and run to my dresser. I open a draw and grab a bra and underwear set. I close it and quickly run to my closet. I open the doors and quickly grab a short sleeve shirt and a pair of shorts. I run out my closet and close the doors. I drop the clothes and grab a bag. I put the clothes in quickly and run back to my dresser, opening the same draw. I grab another bra and underwear set. I close it and run to my closet. I open it and grab a short sleeve shirt and a pair of shorts. So I can leave it at Sam's place. I close it and put them in the bag.

I shift back to my hawk as I hear my front door open. Damn it, I should've taken the key from the potted plant. "Melissa, don't leave. Carlisle wants to talk to you." Edward calls out as they walk in. I mentally shake my head as I grab the bag with my claws. I fly out the window quickly as I hear my door open. I can't be around them. I don't want to be right now. I need to be around Sam. He can probably help me. He knows how to. He did before we left. He coaxed me into shifting back when I shifted into my timber wolf for the second time out of anger. I fly higher and squawk loud in sadness. I fly faster to Sam's house, knowing he'll hear and feel me coming to him.

I fly down to a tree in Sam's backyard as his backdoor opens. I shift back and open the bag. I put on a bra and underwear on along with a short sleeve shirt and shorts. I walk out from behind the tree just as Sam walks up to me. "Everything okay? I hear a hawk noise then I felt you come over the treaty line." Sam asks me. "His daughter, Rosalie." Is all I say before I break down crying. He pulls me into his chest as I cry. "It's okay. If anything, you can stay here." He replies as he picks me up. I hide my face in his chest as he carries me in. "Sam, who is she?" I hear someone ask. "This is Melissa. She's a longtime friend of mine before I phased into my wolf. She is the shapeshifter that my grandfather made a pact with her grandfather. They're the only ones we're allies with. And she's also considered an Alpha so treat her with respect." Sam replies as he sits me on the counter.

I wipe my eyes and sniff a bit. "You hungry? Emily made breakfast." Sam asks me. I nod as I look up, seeing a woman with brown hair and hazel eyes walk up to us. "So you're the one he keeps talking about. So glad to finally meet you. Sam hasn't been quiet since you came back." Emily tells me, making Sam blush. I chuckle as I take the plate she hands me. "Well, he hasn't told me about you. You must be his imprint huh?" I ask her. She blushes and nods. "Well, it's nice to meet his imprint." I say, smiling a bit. She smiles back as Sam looks at me. "So, you still heading to work?" Sam asks me. "I have to. It's my second day there. I don't want to call off and have Dr Noah think I am going to call off alot." I tell him.

He nods as Emily smiles at me. "I have the perfect outfit. Your hair looks good so I don't have to worry about that." Emily replies, making me chuckle. I hop off the counter, making all eyes go back to me. "Right, sorry. Guys, this is Melissa Rivera. She is a full shapeshifter and the only one that has permission to come over the treaty line. Mel, this is Jared, Paul, Embry, Quill, Jacob, Seth, Leah, Brady, and Collin." Sam says. "Hey guys." I say, waving as Emily drags me out the kitchen. "Is she taken?" I hear someone ask. "She has a mate already Embry so don't even try." I hear Sam reply as she drags me up a flight of stairs. Awe come on, Sam. Can't I have some fun with your pack? Get them all riled up and then let them go? I mean sure it may be wrong in the end but it would make me happy.

She drags me into a room and points to the bed. I chuckle and nod, walking to the bed while she walks to the closet. She opens the closet and pulls a few things out. She walks back to me, making me look at the stuff she pulled out. A black dress that stops at the knees with a small belt, beige heels, a gold watch and earrings. I smile at her and nod. "Okay, put this on and I'll help you with zipping it up." She tells me. I nod as I get off the bed. I strip out of my shorts and shirt, putting them on the bed. "I'll fold them up and put them in the closet near the backdoor." She tells me as I turn to put the dress on. I nod as I move my hair from my back. She zips my dress up and pats my shoulders.

I turn around and put my heels on slowly, leaning on Emily for support when I have one of them on. I put the watch on along with the earrings. I look at her and she smiles. "You look great. Ask Sam if he can drive you to work." She tells me. "I will but I have to go back to my house. I need my phone and a file for work." I say. She nods as we walk out what I now know as Sam and Emily's room.

Little did I know that Carlisle was already at work, calling my phone, and Edward was at my place, waiting for me to return.