Chapter 5

I nod as I cross my arms. "Okay, so what happened to Esme? Assuming that was his wife before she died from another vampire I assume." I ask him. "Carlisle should tell you that. It's not in my place to talk about my mother figure." Edward replies. I roll my eyes and look away.

Little did I know Carlisle was standing on a tree branch, looking at Edward and I talk.

I look back at Edward as I put my hands on my hips. "Okay, so do you think Carlisle would accept the fact of what I am?" I ask him. "He would because of the bond you and him have." Edward replies, making me tense. How does he know about the bond I have with him? And don't even answer that Edward. I'm being rhetorical. Edward chuckles and nods. "Very well. I'll let you get back to doing the file. I'll see you soon." He says and speeds away. I sigh and walk back on my porch, shaking my head. I walk back inside and close the backdoor. I lock it and walk back to the island. I sit back in the chair and open both the file and my laptop. I put my password in again and go back to typing down the file. I wonder why Edward came by. I never met him before. I never even met any of his kids before. I never even met Carlisle himself before today.

I stop typing and realize that I finished the file. I look at the file and pick up a sticky note. Don't forget to send it to my gmail account and I'll send it to Carlisle when you send it to me. My gmail is: NGomez27@gmail.com -Dr. Noah Gomez

I nod and put it in an email. I send it to his email. I close my laptop and put it on the charger. I grab my purse and put the file on top of my laptop. I'll check my phone in the morning to see if Dr. Noah Gomez replied. I walk to my room and put my purse on my bed. I strip out of my clothes and walk to my closet. I hang my dress up and put my heels in their spot. I walk out and straight out my room. I walk back to my kitchen and out the backdoor. I leave the door open as I shift into my timber wolf. I sniff the air as I look around. I nod when I smell the night air as I jump off my porch. I walk around my house and into the woods, looking around. I'm thinking of going to who I know now is Carlisle's house. But then again I can't because his adopted son, Edward, will tell him I'm here.

I didn't even know I was thinking of trying to not go to his house when I reach a treaty line. Huh, so they do have one. Wow. Probably for the werewolves that live here. Yes I know about the werewolves. One of my dad's friend's son, Sam Uley, lives here. We are allies with the werewolves. I hop over and hear growling. I look up and see a black wolf along with a russet color wolf. Hey, its Sam! But who is the russet wolf? I only knew Sam, Paul Lahote, and Jared Cameron were the only wolves here? Did more wolves phase at certain ages? Had to have been because I can feel more links coming from Sam.
(Bold- Sam; Italics- Jacob; Normal- Melissa)

State your name and business on our territory./ I mentally chuckle as I take a step toward the black wolf.
You should know me, Sam. We used to be best friends until like 10 years ago. Our dads used to watch football at your place while we were in your huge backyard. Well until my dad made us move and left you here with your dad./ He tilts his wolf head then looks at me with wide wolf eyes.
Melissa? Is that really you?/ The russet wolf looks at Sam.
Do you know her, Sam?/ Sam looks at the wolf and wolf nods.
Jacob, this is Melissa. The one I was talking about when you first shifted. She is the shapeshifter we are allies with. Her father and my father made a pact. Since then, we've been inseparable since. Until 10 years ago when her dad made her and her family leave./ Sam looks at me./ Where's Marcus? Is he here or is he in Louisiana with your parents?/ I look down and shake my wolf head.
Sam, he died in a car accident 3 years ago on May 3rd. It's just me and my parents.
Who's Marcus?
Marcus was my twin brother. We both shifted into timber wolves before our dad made us move. But he died 3 years ago. Drunk driver crashed into his car.
I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my mom when I was a child so I know how you feel.
I'm sorry for your loss Jacob.
And I'm sorry for your loss as well.
Okay, let's head to my place. I'll get you clothes Melissa. Then we can talk./ I nod as we run to Sam's place. Hopefully it's the same place before I left.

Little did I know that Carlisle was on his side of the treaty line, watching the three of us talk in our mindlink.