Chapter 44

I smile at Emily as I gesture to her. "And this is Sam's wife, Emily Uley. She is also Sam's imprint." I say while winking at Emily. Emily blushes and smiles at me before waving a bit at Poppa. "Nice to meet you, Christian. I hope you enjoy staying at my home with your wife." Emily says, making Poppa chuckle. I hear the phone go off, making me walk over to the counter near the back door. "Hello? Uley residence. Melissa speaking how can I help you?" I say when I answer the house phone. "Hello Melissa. I'm sure you know who I am." I hear Jane say, making me tense. "How did you get his number?" I ask her as I open the back sliding door, walking out. "That's for me to know and you to figure out. As of right now, you have a choice. Either come get your long lost brother your parents hid from you or have him suffer. Your choice." I hear her say. I scoff and rolly eyes as I put my free hand on my hip. "I don't have any missing family members so stop it Jane." I say before hanging up. I walk back in and put the phone on the charging dock, heading back to the table where everyone is talking and laughing.

I walk to one of the chairs and sit down, smiling at everyone. "Who was on the phone, Melissa?" Jared asks me. "Wrong number, Jared. Don't worry about it." I say as I grab the cup of soda from Emily, smiling at her. "Okay, Sam. What happened and what do we have to do?" Poppa asks him. "Melissa came over the treaty line we have with the Cullen Coven with the collar around her neck. I managed to take it off before she got brainwashed as per what the Volturi wanted. I've been looking at the collar Marcus has made and it seems like it would wipe her memory of all the Cullens away, including Carlisle while also making her want bloodshed. So we need to figure out how to figure out where Marcus is and, if Melissa wants to, kill him because it seems like this is just the beginning of what's to come." Sam explains to him. "We're gonna kill your brother, Melissa? Are you serious?" Momma asks me. "Yes Momma. I'm planning on killing him once and for all. If he was dead the first time, he should stay dead." I say as I look at her. "Are you fucking nuts? Do you know what that would do to the three of us? Four if-" Momma starts but Poppa cuts her off. "Mariah, don't even say it. He wasn't even our pup to begin with." Poppa tells her.

I raise an eyebrow as I cross my arms. "Poppa, is there a sibling I don't know about?" I ask him. Poppa looks at me and sighs. "When you and Marcus were about a year old, one of her coworkers from work asked us to take in their pup because she couldn't take care of him properly. He was about 6 years old when we took him in. But the problem wasn't her finding a place for the pup, it was the pup. The pup was hard to take care of. No matter what your mother and I did, it was never good enough. Even tho we considered him as part of our family pack, he didn't. So he eventually ran away when you and Marcus were about 6 years old. We haven't seen him since." Poppa explains to me. "So that's what Jane meant by long lost brother. Fuck." I mumble before groaning as I cover my face with my hands. "Did the Volturi call my house, Melissa?" I hear Sam ask me. I uncover my face before looking at him. "Yeah, she did. She said something about a long lost brother and I didn't believe her so I hung up on her. Now I have to actually go to Italy to get him because she said I could either save him or have him suffer." I say as I get my phone out, looking up tickets to Italy. "So what's the plan now? What are we supposed to do?" Sam asks me.

I looked up at him before looking back at my phone. "Well I'm gonna have to go and get him. Then tell the Volturi that I'm not joining them to make Marcus stronger." I said to him. "Then find two tickets, Munchkin. I'll go with you." Poppa says, making me look at him. "Poppa I can't. They'll kill you if I refuse and I already have to worry about an older brother I never knew I had who isn't even blood getting killed or suffering the wrath of Jane. I'll just go by myself. And before you say anything, I'll be fine. I'm sure Carlisle will be joining me without telling me. Either him, Alice, or Rosalie." I told him before going back to finding the next flight to Italy for first class. "Melissa, don't you ever stop and think why we're down here in Washington? Or are you worried about yourself?" Momma asks me, making me glare at her. "Momma I told you two to come because of the Marcus situation I'm dealing with. I'm not stupid like you think I am." I snap at her. "Don't you snap at me, girly. You're still a pup." Momma snarls at me. I growl before watching Paul get up and run out the back door, making me get up and do the same. "I knew I smelled a leech on our territory." Paul says before jumping off the patio and shifting into his wolf, roaring at Marcus. Marcus chuckles and jumps back onto the branch when Paul rushes towards him. "Paul, please don't do it! He's gonna end up killing you!" I yell out to him. Paul looks at me before jumping away when Marcus jumps down from the branch to attack him.

I hear everyone run outside as I jump off the patio as well, shifting into my own wolf form. I run over to Marcus and bite his arm, throwing him off of Paul. I nudge Paul over to the others before kicking Marcus away from us when I smell him getting closer. Paul shakes his head, making me snarl at him while nudging him again. 'I'm not leaving you to get yourself hurt again. I'm helping you fight.' Paul tells me. 'No. You're going to shift back and go with the others. He's trying to entice me and that's what I'm gonna do. Besides, I know Poppa is gonna help too. If not then I'll be fine on my own.' I tell him before nudging him again. Paul mentally sighs before running to the side of Sam's house to shift back before jumping when I feel Marcus run towards me. I claw his entire back before grunting when he kicks me into a tree. "Marcus?" I hear Momma say, making me look at her while getting up. "Hello Mother." Marcus says while smirking at her.

Momma covers her mouth as fresh tears stream down her face. "Marcus, we thought you were dead! How could you become a monster?!" Poppa yells out before shifting into his panther form. Marcus chuckles as he rolls his eyes, running a hand through his hair. "I don't know, Father. How could you hide Samuel from us?" Marcus says before jumping onto the branch when Poppa runs towards him. "We mourned over you for two, almost three years! How could you do this to us?!?!" Momma yells out before choking on a sob, covering her face. "Mother, this isn't about you or Father. It's about Melissa not wanting to come to join the Volturi." Marcus replies. I tense and dig my claws into the dirt as they all look at me. "Oh, she didn't tell you? I offered her to join us so the both of us can be stronger. She refused so I'm doing whatever I can to make her join." Marcus explains to her as he smirks at me. I roll my eyes before shifting into my hawk form. I fly up towards him, making him jump off of the branch he's on. I squawk at him before flying down towards him, aiming for his thigh. Marcus grabs me by my throat when I go for his weakness before throwing me against Sam's house. I fall onto the ground before shifting back, coughing up blood. I think he broke a rib. "Mother, please understand I never meant to make you hurt but this is for the greater good. Now off to make Samuel suffer." Marcus says as he runs into the woods, Jared and Sam following behind him.