51

"Soobin, you're a smoker?" Yeonjun hissed as he roughly clutched the nearly empty cigarette box in his fist. The truth was he wasn't angry if Soobin smoked or not, after all he's an adult fully capable of making his own decisions. But rather he was upset he was just now finding this out about him. Sure it might not seem like such a big deal at first glance, however for Yeonjun it was, and that's because he felt like he really didn't know the boy as well as he thought he did. After that whole deal with his dad as the man kept putting Yeonjun down over and over for not knowing his son well, though before, he pushed it off as false, now he was second guessing himself.

Soobin on the other hand stayed calm and relaxed, even when he saw the boys anger on display. He's reacted negatively once, he's blown up on him before and that's not something he was willing to go through again. Plus to him, there was no reason to escalate the situation.

"Those are old." He stated which wasn't far off from the truth. "I used too before I got this job. I've been trying to quite especially since I met you, however I will admit I have slipped up here and there." He was honest and vulnerable but he still understood if Yeonjun was upset with him, after all he was upset with himself for it.

Yeonjun saw the expression he wore and the way his voice sounded was smooth and settling so he himself backed down. He cleared his throat, let lose of his tight hold on the now crushed box, and then spoke again in a much gentler voice.

"Why did you start?" He went on to question as he now took Soobins hand in his free one.

With that Soobin rubbed the back of his neck with his other hand. He looked away as he answered, as if he felt shame, and in some ways he did. "Well as you know I haven't had the best relationship with my parents for some time now. That was until you of course." He chuckled at the end of his sentence as he brushed the tip of his finger of the smallers nose.

Yeonjun smiled back and then handed him the box that still had one stick left. "If you still need it I understand." He was polite as he spoke, he knew it wasn't up to him to decide what Soobin can and can't do so he offered his support in what ever way he could.

In response Soobin proudly shook his head no. "I have something much better to help now." He ruffled through the boys hair and then after chunking the box away they went inside so they could try Yeonjuns home made coffee.

Just as he stated, it was the best thing to ever be tasted.

~~

Alright guys, y'all ready for the award ceremony?" Chan approached both Soobin and Yeonjun who would be publicly speaking in front of everyone. Actually the ceremony was for many, Beomgyu would also be on stage along with Hueningkai. Taehyun was in the crowd watching. And even Jeongin has a speech, luckily him and Seungmin had just got back from their honey moon just in time for this.

Everyone was super ready and excited for the event tonight however Yeonjun couldn't say he felt the same. No, in fact it's was quite the opposite. He was nervous and dreading each second that the clock clicked closer. It would have been one thing if he had more time to prepare but of course Soobin had failed to mention such plans to him till last minute. He was now sitting in the back room, doing his best to gather his thoughts and come up with something to say. But all the rushing only made his brain become more scattered.

"Argh!" He hissed while gripping a fist full of hair. Time was running out, he would go on stage soon and he was even forgetting his own name.

"Hey, don't worry so much. You're gonna do great." He recognized the low voice that was coming from beside him. He now looked up to see Soobin was sitting on the ground next to him, his warm heavy hands pressed on his back.