25

"So y'all don't want Mark back..?" Chan questioned as Soobin and Yeonjun stood in-front of his desk with this surprising information. Both boys gave a serious nod and their hands would have locked together if they weren't with Chan. "Y'all do realize the dead line is in two weeks correct? Y'all would have to stay partners for those two weeks.." He raised a brow honestly convinced they were pulling a prank on him. However once again they just gave a serious nod, not once letting their faces light up. Chan frowned and raised his brows even higher. "Welp, if that's y'all's decision then I have no say in it." He shrugged and eased up as he rested back on his chair. His arms behind his head keeping it prompted up. "But Yeonjun, you better have that book 100% completed by then, understand?" The boy finally smiled, letting his eyes glow with it. "Thank you Chan!" He clapped. "Me and Soobin won't let you down!" He cheered and then looked up too Soobin. The boy smiled back down and the two of them left together.

Chan stayed confused, what was the sudden shift in their behavior? Oh well, he didn't have any time to look to much into it, he had to call Mark to tell him the bad news. He won't be getting his job back after all.

~~

"So, you and Soobin are staying together after all?" Beomgyu asked after being filled in on the whole story. Yeonjun nodded proudly as he opened up his sweet dessert that they got from the vending Machines. Strangely enough the Honey bun he bit into kinda reminded him of Soobin. Maybe because it was soft, sweet, and warm. That's a little to far though, even he had to admit it. He couldn't help it though, literally everything ever now reminded him of Soobin. The simplest of actions would have him comparing it to the other. "Yep! Guess we are." His smile only grew even bigger. "So what does that make your relationship?" He asked as they made it to the court yard. They sat on a bench surrounded by a beautiful garden while they ate their snacks on their lunch break. Honestly Yeonjun forgot this beautiful place existed at their work. He remembered when he first started it was all just ripped up dirt still being built. Everything was fenced off at the time, and since it's been done he's never actually come out here to just sit and enjoy it. It was nice. Maybe Soobin would enjoy it too.

"Honestly, I don't really know." He admitted with a distance look. "I never really asked him." He added as he looked up to the floating clouds.

Beomgyu saw his expression and sighed leaning back on the bench. "Well if y'all do become serious don't tell anyone, especially Chan okay. You know realtionship between co workers aren't aloud here, Chan would probably fire him." Yeonjun felt everything in his body tighten, the softly light colored clouds soon became dark as if it were going to rain. "Wait what..?" He stuttered as he met Beomgyus eye. That didn't make any sense, he's never heard of such rule. "What about Jeongin and Seugmin? They are literally engaged." Beomgyu exhaled deeply and ran his finger over the lid of his coffee can.

"They were kinda an exception. The big owner of this company personally knows Jeongins family so he was able to get it passed by. And I'm not trying to sound rude but Jeongin is a lesser known author we have. There for he isn't really in the publics eye as much so him and Seugmin can get away with it easier. Though they are still private as in the rest of the world doesn't know about their relationship. However if it did come out it wouldn't be as serious. As for you though, we'll you're our top seller, You kinda are the public eye." Yeonjun was confused, it's as if Beomgyu was talking to him like a celebrity when that was far from true. He never realized how popular he actually was.

"What? But that's totally unfair! I'm not a celebrity or anything." He quickly raised his voice out of pure frustration. Beomgyu shrugged and lowered his head. "Hey don't ask me, I'm just the messenger for yours and Soobins safety after all." Yeonjun apologized and lowered his tone, he didn't mean to yell like that, he knew Beomgyu was just looking after them. Still though, everything stung, it really wasn't fair. He sighed and took a long drink from his own can. What would Soobin think about this rule? Would he still want to stay close like they have been recently, or put distance between them? Honestly the last thing Yeonjun wanted was that second option, but Soobins job could be on the line if things got out of hand. Heck, his could too, though he was more likely to be safe. As stated, the main reason their Industry took of was because his books did so well.