21

"I can't wait to work with you again...Jun.."

~~

"Come on Mark please answer the phone." Chan said as it hit the 6th ring before the lines answered. "Mark! You answered!" "Hello?" The boy questioned who it was from the other end. "Oh sorry, it's Christopher, sorry if it's weird timing but I have a favor to ask, you free too meet this weekend?" Mark let out a long sigh as he flipped through his scheduled calendar. "Yeah I think I could make time. Does Sunday at noon work?" He agreed and with an excited thank you the call ended and Mark wasn't even confused. He was the cocky confident, he knew that company would be begging him to come back soon enough, even when he was the one to walk out.

The time eventually came for them too meet and so they grabbed a coffee before going on with the discussion. "What you wanna talk about Chan?" Everyone that's ever worked for their publishing company called him Chan, rather the were new there or old, that's just how it was. "It's about your partner actually."  Mark mentally rolled his eyes and scaffold before taking a drink. Though he didn't let Chan in on that reaction. No, on the outside he showed quite the opposite. He bright smile came to play on his face as he tilted his head to the side. "How come? I heard rumors he found a new special someone to help him." He let out a slight deep chuckle making Chan choke and spit up his drink.

"You mean Soobin? Yeah right, those two hardly have anything special going on unless you count constantly yelling, arguing, and disagreement. They are driving me insane with all their complaining Mark. It's honestly like they are an old married couple one more fight away from getting a divorce." 

Marks chuckle only depended as he leaned back in his seat, slightly swirling the mug that was in his hand. "Interesting.." he mumbled faintly while looking down in the black abbess of his cup.

Chan just shook his head as he sat his own drink on the table in front of them. He leaned over his knees rubbing his temples in circling motions as an exhausted breath of air left his parted lips. "Soobin really was a last resort for Yeonjun, but looking back maybe it would have been better waiting on someone else and not paring them at all. Though I do have to give credit that Yeonjun is working a lot faster then he ever has before so it's not all bad. I think they would both just be better off and happy with you back instead."  He paused for a moment and Mark nodded his head indicating he was still engaging.

"Anyways, that's why I asked you out today. You don't have to stay and we will provide you with extra compensation, but would you consider coming back just for the rest of the month to help Yeonjun?"

Mark still sat back and now faced his head to the sky. He stopped swirling his drink around and now rubbed his first finger and thumb over his chin thinking it over.

"I don't know Chan.." He said not to sure if he was willing to go work for that bitch again. At least that's how he saw Yeonjun. He didn't think the other saw it the same way because he always kept a smile around Jun, but deep down he heated his guts. He'd find himself fantasizing about strangling him to the point it got scary. One day he just couldn't take it anymore and walked out.

He hated Yeonjun for many reasons, one was he was always smiling, he was friendly to everyone even when exhausted, it felt fake to Mark. He hated pricks that kept up an act like that. Really it was hypocritical of Mark to judge in such a way as he did the same thing when Yeonjun was around. Always forcing up a smile and calling him his best buddy, it really was to just stay on his good side. See Yeonjun was humble and didn't know this, but he truly did hold the most power in the company. He was the number 1 selling author of course and so if it wasn't for him their company wouldn't be where it is today, the top number 1 in South Korea.