chapter ninety eight

Alexander knight.

I was too shocked to move, did I just see a slow motion of my wife falling down. The realization hits me hard as I knee beside her and my hand taps her cold cheeks. My stomach didn't feel right at this moment.

"Baby? Open your eyes'. I persuade and my eyes start to burn with tears. Okay I'm being dramatic here but still.

I put my ear on her chest, her heart is still beating. I stand up and think. Don't blame me but this has never happened before" I could call the family doctor?".

"It will take too long".

"Serenity's hospital, Yes.". I said accepting the idea and bending down to lift her up. She so light in my arms. Focus Alex

I rush downstairs and took my car key, I lay her on the back seat and drive to the hospital. I check on her when I stop due to a red light ,why is this taking so long. I say when the red light doesn't turn to a green one as I checked my sides and smiled.

I drive past the red light, yes it was illegal but I needed to because I won't know if I mean if savanna is fighting for her life. I park before carrying her side the hospital.

"Hello, Mr_"

"Help, my wife fainted. We need a doctor". I say to the receptionist as she waves to a man bring a stretcher out.

"Mr knight, you have to fill papers before you go meet the doctor". She says, this is Savanna's first time here and she needs a card as she passes me a file.

I filled the file and she checks on it, I was about to go when she stops me again"Sir, I am sorry but you have to wait for her. The doctor is already attending to her". She say as I bit on my lip to stop whatever was to come out of my mouth.

Seconds turns to minutes and I have not a thing,I press my hands to calm my anxiety what was taking so long and was she okay were questions running through my mind
as I cover my hand on my face and pray. It said that God will help us in our desperate times and he does miracle for his believers

"Mr knight, you can see the doctor now". A woman said as I look at the ceiling, thank you God. I said to myself before following her to the doctor's office.

"Good evening Mr knight, what's your complaint?". I look at the doctor, has he I mean forgotten the patient he has been with for the past almost one hour now.

"I'm here for my wife, she fainted. The lady that you have been with you God knows when and doing God knows what".

He furrow an eyebrow to me then a smile dancing on his lips "Congratulations_".

"Are you congratulating me because my wife fainted?". I said not taking his hand, I mean he wants to shake my hand for this.

"No sir, it's good new because-".

"How's my wife fainting good news, I love my wife and you're here saying this good news. I mean what are you?". I huffed.

"This are the report of us checking your wife and it was confirmed that she's three weeks pregnant, congratulations sir". He says as I furrowed an eyebrow to him.

"Say it again please?"

"It was not planned, that's what we say. If you're not ready for children then be on a pill or prat_".