chapter thirty one

Savanna Knight.

My life was a nightmare, the type that you can not get out of or wake up from with shouting no or screaming no also but when Alex hugged me, I felt warm all over like someone cared about me.

I knew my family apologizing for what happened meant I'll get hurt, they hit me so hard but left my face. They hit me with anything they found around.

I wanted to work back for Alex because My stepfather demanded me to work for him since he needs Alex for his work and I was his little toy for that too.

Alex pulled away from the hug thinking of what to say to me or ask me but I cut it off by going to the bathroom and took a shower to soothe the blisters and cuts I had on my skin with my pulled hair from the ponytail down back.

I changed into my clothes and put on some menthol on my hair just to help it then walked back out after brushing my teeth and laying on my bed covering my body and sighing pathetically.

"Good night Savanna".Alex's husky tone greets me and breaks my reverie.

"Good night Mr knight".

He sighed and then I hear his bed shake slightly then stopped" You can sleep on the couch if you want Savanna". He said making me sit up immediately.

The floor was cold and uncomfortable, I was used to sleeping on the floor back at my old house but staying here has indeed made me spoilt a little since I miss the comfort of the bedding "really" I asked him rather surprised.

"It's cold and it's not nice to see a friend sleeping on the floor especially you".

"Thank you, Mr. Knight". I said taking my blanket and laying on the couch and sighing from the softness of the couch.

"You welcome Savanna, can I ask you something". He asked as I hummed.

"I wanted to ask you what can I do for you to come and work for me again? I mean Jade is driving me crazy? I don't know how many times I have tried her experiment coffee and she never does the reports like you do. What can I do to make you come back please?".

My heart swelled a little, He said she'd not report like me even if I'm not as experienced as his Secretary Lauren told me that she was his new personal assistant and he liked my coffee.

"Savanna?".

"Sorry, I'll work for you".

"What do I have to do?". He said with all seriousness as he turned on the lights, he sat up making me sit back up also.

"Nothing, I'll just work for you like before ".

" Really?". He asked rather surprised.

"Yes".

"Thank you savanna, it means the world to me that you're coming back. You can start back on Wednesday". He said with an excited tone.

"Good night Mr knight". I said finally as  I laid back on the couch as he switched off the light.

I missed working for him, I missed sean Dylan, Lauren, Mrs. Miller, and Kevin. I felt more at home than at Blake's place.

I woke up this morning without some pain, I looked at Alex bed seeing he was not there meaning he left for work as I said a small quick prayer heading to the bathroom as the door closes.

I pushed the door back open and it goes back, Did Alex do something again or get a new machine to open the door. I mean the house is full with it, the house system is nice also her name is Alexa.

"Open please". I said to the door waiting for it to open but it doesn't open.

The house system could open doors, it could do anything also pay for music and turn on house appliances distances with other cool features but why will Alex put one here and not tell me.

"Open". I said rubbing my eyes, I wake up this time but I have work to do and I want to hop back on that couch soon.

"Okay, Look door, I have things to do and you are annoying me.Will you open or should I break you down?". I huffed at the door waiting for it to open.

I pushed harder until I feel the door move as I pushed harder until I feel it open to fast and me ended up on the floor in the bathroom.

"Are you okay?".Alex asked staring at me from inside the bathroom with his hands on the door.

"Sorry, I didn't know you are here".

" Is that why you were talking to the door?'.He asked with amusement in his tone.

He asked with amusement in his tone