chapter Three

Savanna Knight

I opened my eyes staring at unfamiliar room and my eye burnt with tears when  memories came back to me gushing. He didn't want to look at me and he hated it that we were in the same car aslo.

My body was numb and I was still in my wedding dress, I stood up from the floor and took my time to appreciate the room and the view from the penthouse aslo.

Car moving fast and people walking to different destinations either with their phones or with their head bend down. I  sighed and sat on the bed thinking.

I've a wedding ring and their family heirloom on,I'm married to a man who doesn't want anything to do with me but I thought he said he had a child where-

"Mrs knight, May I come in?". A voice said, it took me some time to realise that she was talking to me.

"Uhm, Come in please".

The door opens and an young woman comes, She looks at me and a smile is on her face"Mrs knight, I'm here to attend to your needs. Do you need any help?".

"Yes, Can you help me unfasten the lace up thing here and where are my cloths?"

"It had been arranged in your wardrobe  Mrs knight, Do you want me to help you Pick an outfit or something?". She asked

Does she help Alex pick an outfit to wear like it none of your business Savanna. I mean you're here for his kid and not for him so mind your business not his.

"N-No t-thank you, Can you leave please" I said when she loosens the dress more, I said the lace up part not the whole dress

"Okay Mrs knight". She says and bows her head before she walks to the door, I winced when she slams the door Hard.

I didn't mean to hurt her feelings but She can't see me naked and especially she can't see the bruises that this dress cover
"I hope she will forgive me". I mumbled going to the bathroom and seeing all my stuff arranged inside in neat order.

I put some toothpaste on my brush and i brushed my teeth, This was my marriage 
a marriage to a man who doesn't want to know me or be friends with me like does he think this will be a good environment  to raise a child since he's not ready to-

I stop myself from thinking that way, I remove the dress and looked at my scars
I had varieties of bruises from fresh one to old purplish black to Brown. My body is a museum of wounds, burns and scars

I enter the shower and stayed under the shower, I don't usually get my hair wet but the feeling of it rushing on my hair is the best one for now. I showered and left to change into clothes.

I look at my wardrobe, It was a room. I change into leggings and a sweater. I do not like to show alot of skin because no beautiful existed on my body so what I don't have anything to show anyone.

I sat on the floor of the room and look Alex didn't give me any instructions to leave this room and he would love not to see me. I play with my fingers alittle bit

"Mrs knight, May I come in please?". A voice said and she enters before I could give her a reply and she looks at me.

"My child, Why are your hair wet like that? Do you want to fall sick". The old woman says dropping the tray of food.

She walks somewhere in the room and she comes back with towel in her hands, She grabs me from the floor gently and I  look at her as she dries my hair for me.

Tears start to flood in my eyes, This was something I had never experienced with my biological mother but this woman does it for me like I'm her child.

"If you need a hair dryer then you should have asked me. I will bring some oil for your hair but have breakfast first" She says, she puts the tray on my lap.

"After breakfast, I will show you around the place and then we could do anything  or make anything you want". She adds.

I look at the food given to me after she leaves, It was avocado toast with four ways of eggs with huge chucks of bacon and some orange juice. At home, I'm not allowed to eat more than once a day.

I choose sometimes but they choose for me and it was either cold ramen, a half eaten chicken or stal bread or leftovers. If I'm lucky then I would have juice or I will have Pizza crust, or meat or cereal

Or maybe sometimes peanut butter, I would eat it even if i was allergic to it. It wasn't worth it but it was on days that I  was hungry and couldn't take it again.

I sat back on the floor and look at the food, I take one strip of bacon and I found myself giggling like a little girl and then I found myself eating all the food in plate and drinking the juice and burping

I needed to thank that woman, She made me good food Like would I get more like tomorrow morning like I have to ask her the days she has choosen for me to eat.

"You are being too forward savanna, She would give you the days to eat". I said to myself, I take the tray and open the door

I check sideways, The hallways was empty and there was nobody to tell me where the kitchen is. I close the door and walked left into the hallways.

"Madam?". I called but no response

"Ma?".

"Old lady?".

"Ni-".

"Savanna". Alex voice behind me, I look at him and the plates that fallen down. I see the annoyance in his face but he put himself not to show that he was mad.

"S-so-".

"Follow me".