chapter fourty one

Savanna knight.

I quickly had my shower after praying and thank God Alex was asleep when I went to the bathroom, I tied a towel on my chest, opened the bathroom door, and paused as a pair of eyes meet mine.

Alex was awake sitting on his bed and he was staring at me in my towel, Jesus. I mean first was the lingerie and now it was this. He quickly blushed and faced away from me quickly again.

I rushed to the closet then locked it, I was panicking not because it might be awkward between us but he might have seen some of the bruises on my shoulders and my chest, today was Serenity's birthday and it was already bad enough for me including this too.

I still had to bake Serenity and I need to decorate her gift, I told everyone that they could send gifts to Serenity, she is coming home after her ballet class.

I got out and Alex was not in the room, I went downstairs and brought out some ingredients for her cake and I was making chocolate caramel cake with a chocolate frosting, it took four hours to make it but I put it in the fridge and it was good plus this will be serenity's last time in boarding school also.

I asked Alex about getting Serenity a pet and he said he was not allergic to any pets, I was getting her a pet hamster it was already in her room in its house, I fed it some bananas and strawberries.

"Hey, you're not doing the party again?'. Alex asked me as he sat on the stool, he didn't make it awkward from the show.

"No, Mr. Knight".

He furrowed a confused eyebrow at me 'Why? I'll pay for it".

"It's not about the money Alex". I sigh

"This day brings bad memories to you, it is a happy day for Serenity because she is brought into the world today but the fact that if you are uncomfortable and not happy about this day. It should not be only about serenity but it should be a  happy day for both-". I paused when he pulls me Into a hug.

"You're the best, thank you for taking the words out of my mind. It means a lot to me since her-".

"You don't have to tell me Mr knight if you are already tearing up,". I said from the hug as he chuckled, I could hear his chest vibrating along with him.

He smelt manly but not too manly, he smelt like vanilla and sugar with a pinch of manliness, he was also warm too

"It means a lot to me Savanna and thank you for considering my feelings". He said pulling me away from the hug as his hands were on my shoulders and his eyes were meeting mine too.

He leaned down to me, Yeah I'm short. I fucking hate it too. As my eyes close as I feel his breath on my cheek. I feel he was hesitating to do whatever was in his mind until I felt a pair of lips on mine my cheek and my forehead.

His hands detangle from me making me angry a little losing his warmth as my eyes flew open when the doorbell rang we looked towards the door then we blushed at the same freaking time.

"I think that's Serenity, I'll go get it. I said in a high-pitched voice,I sound very weird because he kissed me now.

He nodded going upstairs as I ran my hands on my cheek to stop myself from blushing so much as I was, I don't know why I was but it seemed to get worse. I shook my head to snap out of it as I walk towards the door and opened it.

"Mommy!".Serenity screamed hugging me tightly, she was wearing her ballet clothes with her hair tied in a low ponytail with a pink ribbon supporting it.

"Happy Birthday serenity!".I said as she looks around then hugs me even tighter then kissed my cheek.

"Aria is here but she left to get you a gift but everyone else got you gifts and it's in your room especially Daddy's gift".

"Daddy said I could have gifts?". She asked me surprised.

" Yeah, hurry up and check them".

I didn't have to tell her twice, she rushes upstairs then squealed as I go to the car to get her bags which the driver was offloading I take them inside as Alex looks at me worried as I walked toward him.

"Mr knight, what's wrong?".

"What if she hates my gift Savanna?".

"She won't because you know what she likes since you're her f-a-t-h-e-r". I said spelling it out in a sarcastic way.

"Never thought you could be sarcastic but thanks I'll go give her my gift".He said again kissing my forehead and he rushes upstairs.

I sighed taking Serenity or pulling and panting as I rolled towards the stairs, I finally got it upstairs as I sat on the floor like bitch, what's a six-year-old has in her freaking box.

"Okay, this is the note and gift I got. Read it, and happy birthday Serenity". I heard Alex say as I peeked at Serenity's door.

"Okay, oh my gosh I can not believe how much my little girl is growing up so fast. I mean six years ago I was when God decided to grace me with you. You've been like a little wife since your mo-'. Serenity paused as she looked at Alex and ran her hands on his.

"Your mother made me doubt ever to love anymore again but when I saw you in that hospital bed and you smiled at me, it was like fireworks in my tummy. You have been there for me. I mean you are the reason why I am even alive. I named you serenity because you are the only peace that keeps me from just being insane. I love your serenity and I'll always love you and be your number one fan. Daddy!". Serenity whimpered as she hugs him and sniffed.

"We don't celebrate your birthday but it will change if you want to then you can even if it's every day or a week'.Alex said as I paused like that makes no sense.

"No, we can do it like this for now. I've you and Mummy after all and later I'll have another brother and sister to play with too". Serenity said as she smiled.

Hold on. Baby sister or brother. I mean who's having a baby sister or brother. She wants a baby sister and brother?

"Yeah, Sure maybe in a few years. So you like your pet hamster mommy got you?".Alex asked as she changed the topic.

"Yes. He's so cute or it's a she?".

"Maybe ask your mom?".

"I love mommy, She loves me and she didn't abandon me and you".

"Hmmm, Serenity. Your mom made you some cake, why don't you have that?'.

" Cake!!!".

A|n

Get juicier in Alex's pov. Sorry for this boring chapter but I love you

 Sorry for this boring chapter but I love you