Chapter 47

As soon as Mum, Louis and I arrive, the officer on the desk looks up. "Hello?"

"Hi, I'm Anne Styles, I've already been here with my son and his friend some months ago, because of my son. He was raped. We've got more information I'd like to share."

"Oh, I remember, that was with my colleague, officer Torsten. I'll call him, please wait here."

Mum nods. Louis grabs my hand and holds it tight. "They'll get him this time. I know it", he whispers into my ear. I nod and turn around to quickly peck his lips.

After five minutes, the officer comes back, with the same one as last time. "Hello! Come with me, please."

We follow the man into his office and sit down, just like last time.

"So, what's up?" He opens a page on his notebook, probably with the information he received last time.

"Yesterday, my son and Louis went out for... a platonic meeting, and then they saw how- boys, I think it'd be better if you explain, wouldn't it?"

I nod. "Yeah. So, Louis and I were sitting on a bench, when suddenly, a girl ran past us. She looked very terrified."

"We got up to follow her", Louis continues, "but then, another person ran by, and that person happens to be the man who raped Harry. Harry is a hundred percent sure it's him."

"I think he recognised me", I add.

"And the man was obviously going to rape the little girl, and I became angry because of what he did to my b- uhm, and that's why I kind of hit him? The girl could flee, though."

"You hit the man?", the officer repeats. Louis nods. "I did, but only to protect Harry and the girl."

"You're underage, right?"

Louis looks frustrated. "Sir, I'm twenty!"

"Oh- my bad. Anyway, you're aware of the fact that it's illegal hitting people."

"I'm not."

"Now you are. You probably have to pay a small amount money." The officer sighs. "Is that all you got?"

"Actually, no." Louis clears his throat. He looks so furious. "It's a little thing, and I don't know if it counts, but there's some pedophile on Instagram. He commented on Harry's post some months ago, and Harry blocked him. Today, when we woke up, he got a new notification from a similar account. I don't know if that helps a lot, but I think it's the same guy. Because why would a thirty year old man be on a party for teenagers? Exactly. I think he victimized Harry."

"Not to be rude, but I think you're assuming a lot", the officer replies.

"But can't you just locate the phone?"

"I'm pretty sure that's illegal."

"But that's an important case. Do you really want to punish me because he raped Harry? And was about to rape another girl?"

"Sir, who says he wanted to rape the girl? And you even confirmed that you hit the man."

"He hit me, too."

"It could count as self-defence. Who hit first?"

"He did! Can't you see that bruise?" He points at it. "I was yelling at him because of what he did to Harry, and then he slapped me across the face to get me to shut up, I guess. I hit him back because I had to do something, and yeah."

"Alright", he sighs, "show me the Instagram accounts. I'll see what I can do."

"The first one was @5u6ar-d4ddy. Which is weird since he's a- never mind, the other one was @l3tm3pun1shy0u. Interesting names, I know", mum says. Louis shows him screenshots of the accounts he took. The officer writes the names down, visibly confused. He shakes his head. "I feel so sorry for you, but I... well, I guess I can try. I'll call my colleague, Martin, he's an informatics genius. Please get comfortable and don't leave the room while I'm gone. An assistant will stay with you, if something happens, talk to her."

The three of us nod. When the officer leaves the room, mum stands up and goes to the assistant. "I'll leave you some privacy", she mumbles.

"What should we do now, babe?", Louis asks. I shrug my shoulders. "Just cuddle with me. I really hope they'll get him. I did not deserve that, and so does the little girl. People like him should be punished."

"I know." He blows a little kiss below my ear, then he puts his arms around me, then he puts his arms around me. "He will be punished. Because they'll find him." He sighs. "I'm just so mad that I have to pay for hitting him."

"But I thought he hit you first?"

"He did."

"I don't think you have to pay, then. I mean, it's self-defence, isn't it?"

"Yeah, but he might say that I aggressed him because I yelled at him? I don't know."

"I doubt that you will be punished. And if so, me and mum will help you. You just wanted to defend the little girl and your boyfriend- me- so you've done nothing wrong."

"No, no, I don't want you to pay!"

"Louis, we don't know how much it is, and you're going to university soon, and you are seven at home. You and your family need the money."

He takes a deep breath. "God..." He looks overwhelmed. I carefully lean down to kiss him. My hand rests on his chest, and I can feel his skin through it. Louis lays his hand on my chest and strokes it carefully.

After a while, the officer comes back. "Follow me", he orders. Louis and I look at each other, then he takes my hand and we get up. Mum also looks kind of confused, but we do what the officer wants.

When we arrive at a kind of cool high-tech office, he wants us to take a look at the information he and the other one, Martin, got. "The location of the two accounts is the same", he says, "and we could also locate the phone. It belongs to a certain George Hudson, and we found his information." He swallows, before shows us a picture of a man. "Is it him?"

Everyone turns around to me. Four people look at me, with wide eyes. I start to become nervous. Why can't just Louis reply? He saw the man, too.

"It's him", I whisper. Then I clear my throat and speak louder: "It's him. George Hudson is the man who raped me."