Chapter 4

The following day, since I wake up, the only thing I can think about is W. I wonder if I'll find his response in my locker today.

"Harry, is something wrong? You seem a little dreamy", mum says.

"No, no, everything's fine. Just thinking of a boy."

She smiles. "Wooo! That's interesting. Who is he?"

Well, I actually don't know. "Not that important."

She sips on her tea. "Is it one of your friends? Zayn?"

"No! Why does everyone think I like Zayn? He's not my type at all." I shake my head.

"Well... who else? Roman?"

"Roman's straight."

"Oh. Uhmmm..." She frowns. "Oh! Is it that cute boy from your theatre class?"

"What? Which one?"

"The pretty one... Louis, I think?"

"What?" Louis? "No! He isn't my type, either. I must admit that he's attractive, but have you seen how short he is? Or his curves. Oh my god, they're not manly at all."

"Well, yes, but you both look adorable together, and he's very gay."

"He's not. He's straight. Stop labelling him."

"Has he told you that he's straight?"

"Well, no, but-"

"Then you're labelling him, too."

I think about it for a moment. Did Louis ever tell me about his sexuality? We don't talk often, so I don't think so.

"But he has a girlfriend. Well, he had one two years ago."

"And? That doesn't mean he's straight. Harry, you had a girlfriend, too, and you are literally gay. Let that sink in."

During the way for school, I think about what my mum told me. She's right. Louis never said that he was straight. And it doesn't mean anything that he had a girlfriend. There are way more sexualities than heterosexual and homosexual. And even though I'm a homosexual, I had a girlfriend. Why did I label him like that?

Oh my god. I'm so dumb.

He also acts kind of fruity. And he often wears clothes with triangles on it, or with rainbows.

But it isn't my business anyway. I used to like him, but that's over now. If he's queer and closeted or something, that's cool- well actually, it's not, he should come out- and if he's not, it's fine, too. I don't have any interest in him, so it doesn't matter.

When I open my locker, I see a new letter, as expected. I look around me to make sure there is nobody I know, then I open it.

"Dear Harry,

You can't believe how glad I am now, because I found your reply in my locker. I honestly didn't think that you would answer. Even though I saw you a few times on the second floor, I didn't believe that you were there for me. I know that there are a few people who have a little crush on you, so I thought that you would throw my letter away or something.

But it makes me even happier that it isn't like that I've got so many butterflies in my stomach right now. God, that sounds so cheesy and I usually wouldn't say something like that, but I think I can make an exception for you, right?

Also, don't worry. I am a real boy who likes you. I've liked you for quite a long time, now, nearly two years, but, as I already said before, I didn't dare to say anything.

To the part with my sexuality. I know that I am not straight. I actually didn't say it to anyone but you and some close friends, and I think my sisters and my mum know about it. But I'm in a complicated situation because of my dad. I'll tell you about it another time; I'm still too happy to think about that right now.

In conclusion: I am queer. I'm not straight at all, I definitely like men but I also like long, slim legs of women. I don't know yet. I only know that you stole my heart :)

-W. Xx

PS: I had a dream about you tonight. I dreamt that we were laying on the beach and you had some sand in your hair. I wiped it away."

"Woah, Harry, why are you smiling like that?", Zayn said as he joined me. I quickly put the letter in my backpack. "There's no reason. I'm a happy person."

"Oh shut up. You've got a crush, haven't you- oh my god, you've got another letter from your secret admirer, right?!"

"Shh, don't yell like that-"

"Can you show it to me? Can I read it?"

"No! That's private, you idiot."

"But I'm your best friend."

"You aren't, that's Nick." Even though I don't talk much to him lately.

"Oh. Well, then I need to find another best friend." He turns around and walks away. I grab my backpack and go to the art lesson. Today, we had theatre class, again. I'm excited for it. The people are so friendly, Zayn and I spend a lot of time together, and it's just fun. I'm kind of sad that it's only two times a week, but I fully understand it, because we have to study a lot.

When I arrive in the classroom, I say hi to Nick, grab a pen and a piece of paper and start to write my response to W.