Chapter 2

The next day, a Wednesday, I see Zayn standing in front of my locker. He's leaning on it, smoking a cigarette, typing on his phone.

"Hi, Zayn", I salute, "How are you? Except for your lungs that are dying anyway", I grab the cigarette, ignoring his protests, and put it out, then I throw it in a bin. "No but honestly, don't smoke in school, that's dangerous."

He rolls his eyes. "Alright, mommy."

I shake my head. "Anyway, seriously now, how are you?"

"Doniya hit me today."

"Oh. Did it hurt?"

"Yeah. It still hurts."

"Do you want mommy to kiss it?"

"Yeah!"

"Where does it hurt?"

"My arm."

"Alright." I grab his arm and press a kiss on it. "Better?"

"Yeah. Thank you, mommy Harry."

"Alright, what the fuck is happening here?", Nick asked. Zayn and I burst out in laughter.

"God, I feel like if I was with three-years-olds" he mumbled.

"Excuse you?!", I counter, "How dare you to call us out like that? We are heartbroken now, aren't we, Zayn?"

"Yeah." He nods. "You really hurt us."

"Oh my fucking god, you're being too annoying right now, I'm leaving", he says and turns around.

"Do you think he's angry?", Zayn asks, hesitantly.

"Nah, not really. He probably didn't start the day in a good mood and is pissed now. But that's the way we are; take it or leave it", I say.

Zayn smiles wide. "Wow, I taught you well", he grins. He pulls me towards him and presses a kiss on my cheek. "Ewww, stop, you smell like cigarette", I yell. He shakes his head. Then he looks at me. "God, you grew so fast. You're so fucking tall right now, and you only want men that are taller? Why do people always want what they can't have?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I guess that's a human instinct."

"That instinct is shit." He laughs. Then he checks his phone. "Need to leave, school starts in five minutes and I have to go to my locker. Bye!"

"Bye bye!"

After he left, I open my locker. A letter sails out and lands at my feet. I bend down and pick it up. Did somebody write a letter? To... me?

"To Harry :)"

Well, yeah, it's definitely dedicated to me. I open the letter.

"Dear Harry,

First of all, I-"

"Ayo Harry", Alex says, "What's that? Did a hot boy give you his number?"

I blush. "Shut up, Alex!"

He laughs, then he goes to his class. "See you tomorrow, mate!"

The bell rings. I grab my biology books and run to the classroom, making sure that I don't lose the letter.

"Mrs. Rooney?" I raise my hand.

"Yes, Harry?"

"May I excuse myself?"

She sighs. "Harry, the lesson started five minutes ago and it's the first period, couldn't you do that earlier?"

"I'm sorry, but I was really stressed because I arrived late and I didn't have the time to do that." I slowly slide the letter under my jumper, hoping she doesn't notice it.

"Alright. Go ahead. But don't do that again, okay?"

"Of course. I'm very sorry." I'm proud of myself. I can't lie at all; I think I got by really well.

I leave the classroom in a rush and speed to the toilets.

When I arrive, I lock myself in a cabin, close the toilet lid and sit down on it. Then I carefully take the letter out and open it again.

"Dear Harry,

First of all, I must say that I really admire you. I always liked you, but now that you're out, I feel a lot more confident.

I hope you're happy now. I think you are; you're literally glowing. But please let me know. I guess I'm a little protective over you, and I might feel better if you confirm that you're alright.

We don't really speak often when we see each other, but I just wanted to let you know that there is a boy in this school that likes you. That really, really likes you. Your eyes for example. If emeralds are green, what are your eyes? Or the dimples that show up when you smile really wide. Or you cherry red lips, so kissable. Your curls, they suit your face perfectly. And- oh god, how could I forget it? Your smell! You smell so good. You smell like lemons but also a little like flowers. I want to make a perfume with that smell. So, yeah, as you probably noticed, I kind of have a- little- crush on you...?

Yours sincerely, W

PS: Put your answer, if you choose to write one, in locker number 578."

I smile fondly at the letter as I finish it. That's just so adorable! I have a secret admirer! My heart begins to jump in excitement. "Oh my god", I whisper. Who could it possibly be? The letter says "yours sincerely, W ". Do I know any boy whose name starts with a W? I don't think so.

But maybe it's a pseudonym. Or the first letter of the surname. Or their favourite letter.

Then it hits me. My heart skips a beat.

It's a joke. A prank. A prank by the assholes. They just mess around with me, don't they?

But at the other hand, the boy who wrote this knows way to much about me. He really must pay attention to everything I do. Like, he knows exactly how I smell, or how my dimple only shows up when I'm really happy.

I decide do write a letter back. I'll do it in French, since I don't really care about that language, so that he receives the letter before the school ends.