Chapter 43

"Do I look alright?", I ask, looking at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing an elegant, black shirt and white trousers, and I tried to style my hair a little.

Zayn nods. "You're so handsome, if we weren't best friends and if I wasn't taken I'd fuck you."

"Thank you...?"

"No problem." He comes next to me and looks into my eyes. "I'm proud of you, bro. Finally." He hugs me. "When is he going to come?"

"At seven o'clock."

He looks at his watch. "In ten minutes. I'll leave soon."

I smile at him. "I'm so fucking happy and... nervous, and I've got a huge feeling in my belly."

Zayn smirks. "He's the one. I know it."

"Shut up!" I laugh.

"Believe me or not, I know I'm right." He smiles happily. "He treats you like a princess, he even did before. He always did. And I trust him, and we're friends, and you look so cute together. I just... feel it. You match like dagger and rose."

"Stop caring more about my relationship than about yours."

"Oh, shut up. You know how I feel about Theo." He bites on his lip.

"I do, and he should know, too."

"Isn't it way too early?"

"No, it isn't. I mean, you can't control your feelings, right? Go for it, Zayn."

"Don't know..." He sighs. "Anyway, I'm going home now, we don't want Louis to find me here."

After a few minutes, the doorbell rings. I run downstairs and open the door.

My jaw falls.

It's Louis. I want to kiss him, to greet him, anything, but I can't.

Why?

Because he looks fucking breath-taking.

"Hi, Harold!"

"Uhm..."

Fuck.

He's so gorgeous, I can't say anything to his face. I'm not able to do anything but stare at him.

He didn't even dress up that nicely, he's wearing a beige shirt and tight, brown trousers, that fit his curvy legs perfectly by the way, but with the flowers in his hand and his hair styled up, I'm just overwhelmed. Does he wear make-up? Probably not, but he's just glowing.

"Harry?"

"Y- yeah?"

"Are you alright?"

"Uhm, yeah, yeah, I am...!"

"Sure?" he chuckles. I nod. "Yes, yes. It's just... you... and your hair... and your eyes and I don't know, everything!"

"Thank you." Louis takes a step closer to me. "To be honest: you look amazing, too." His fingers stroke my chin, and then he gently presses his lips on mine. I put my hands on his waist and kiss him back.

"AWWW!"

We immediately back away, shocked by the sudden shout, and I turn towards the direction of the voice. It's my mum.

"Mum!", I shout, "that wasn't necessary!"

She puts her hand in front of her mouth. "I'm sorry, Harry. Louis, dear, how are you?"

Louis smiles uncomfortably. "Uhm, I'm alright, how about you, Mrs Styles?"

"I'm fine, thank you, darling. And you can call me Anne. I mean, we've been through a lot and you're dating my son, now!"

He blushes. "I am."

I put my hand on his shoulder to comfort him. "Mum, stop it, you're being awkward."

"Are those flowers for me?"

"Mum!"

"Alright, alright, I'll leave you alone." She kisses my cheek. "Have fun." Then she leaves the room.

"I'm sorry for her, you need to understand she loves you."

"Actually, I'm glad. At least she doesn't hate me." He hands me the flowers. "For you."

I smile widely. "Thank you so much!" I love flowers. They're white and red roses. "I'll just put them into a vase, yeah?"

He nods. "Alright."

When I'm done, I join him again. I close the door and he leads me towards his car. I notice that I never drove in his car, before. I don't think it belongs to him to be honest, because it's very big, eight people would fit it. It's probably his mother's or stepfather's car. He opens the door for me, being the gentleman he is.

I giggle. "Louis!"

"Get in, milady."

"Shut up! Don't call me that!" But I do what he asks. As soon as he's in the car, I lean towards him for another kiss. He grabs my curls and pulls me closer, but then, all of a sudden, he lets me go. "Don't distract me, Harry. I need to drive."

"Noooo!", I complain. He chuckles and pecks my lips. "You need to be patient. Later."

"I don't want to."

"I don't care." He starts the car and leaves the parking lot. During the whole drive, I look at him. His side profile is amazing. I can see every single eyelash, and his hair and skin look golden because of the setting sun. I can see the depth of his clear blue eyes, and I can't believe he's mine. Well, not yet, but very soon. We kissed before the first date, which isn't very common. But the date is just a formality. We both know that it isn't necessary, but I guess Louis just wants to fill every of my expectations.

"Stop staring like that. It makes me uncomfortable", Louis says.

"Well, you're beautiful. It isn't my fault", I state.

"Oh my god, shut up", he giggles. Why can't he take compliments?

I bravely grab his hand. It's so tiny and soft! II lead it to my lips and press them on top of it.

"Harry, I'm driving!"

'I don't care', I think and kiss his hand once again.

"Harry, seriously!"

Aw. He looks like an angry little kitten.

I let his hand go.

"Thanks."

I bite on my lip. He's beautiful. He's hot. He's funny. He's smart, even though his grades aren't very good. He's kind.

I think Zayn's right.

Louis is the one.