Chapter 16

"Dear W,

I know that it's weird, but I feel like I know you. Like, your humour, and the way you talk (write) sounds familiar to me. Why are you so kind to me? I mean, I know, you like me, but it's just weird. You are so warm-hearted and everything. Like, there's nothing special about my smile. But I guess I only think that way because I don't crush on anyone right now, so I can't understand it.

It's weird. I literally thought that I would marry Louis one day. I guess I grew up.

Also, can we stop talking about Louis in every letter? I think he's cute because he has a little button nose and soft hair and a small face and beautiful lips. I've admired his face so many times  I know it by heart. It's surprising that he didn't run away. He's so kind to me. I think we are good friends right now, which I really appreciate.

I am not ready to meet you, either. I mean I like you and everything but I agree, it's too soon. Also, don't you worry, I don't think I'll be disappointed in you. As long as you're not a girl and like eleven years old, it's alright.

You want to hear my better joke?

Why did the baboon ask the giraffe 'why that long face?'

Because he thought his neck was his face.

-Harry xx

PS: I can't this is too much right now <3"

When it rings for the little break, I put the letter in my pocket and leave the classroom to wait for Louis. I guess I need to wait until lunch break to give W the letter.

After three minutes, Louis comes out of the class. "Hey Harold", he says, "Are you ready?"

"Of course I am." I grab his arm and put it around my shoulder. "Because if anything turns out bad, my prince Louis is going to save me, right?"

He blushes. "Of course, Harold. I'll always save you. You and your big, kind heart." He pulls me closer to him. "Let's go."

My phone starts to vibrate. Again and again.

"Who the fuck is that?", Louis asks. I look at my phone. 26 missed calls and 139 texts from Zayn!

"It's Zayn", I say. "Call him back!", Louis shouts. I nod and call him. "Hi, Zayn."

"Are you mad at me??"

"What?"

"Are you mad at me?"

"What? No, why would I be mad at you?"

"I don't know!"

"Should I be mad at you?"

"No!"

"Then why are you asking this?"

"Because you're literally ghosting me, I sent you the video of you and Louis, you ignored me today at the lockers, yesterday, you didn't walk home with me and you don't reply at any of my texts or calls! What have I done wrong!"

"Nothing, Zayn-"

"Then why do you treat me that way? I thought I was your best friend."

"You are, Zayn!"

"But then... why?"

I sigh. "I'm only busy."

"That's a lie. You aren't."

"Okay. You're right. It's a lie."

"I knew it."

I look at Louis. He stares at the floor. "Look, Zayn... I'll tell you about it, I swear, but not now. I can't right now, I'm with Louis. But I promise, after school, you're coming home with me and I'll tell you everything, yeah?"

"... Alright."

My heart skips a beat. "Thank you so much. I love you, Zayn, I love you, I love you, I love you."

"Don't make Louis jealous." He laughs. "I love you too, bro. So much. But that's the reason why I'm always worrying about you."

"I know, Zayn... but stop being that protective about me. I'm a grown-up. I can do my own decisions, yeah?" It's funny that I say something like that. I really messed up.

"Yes. You're right." He swallows. "Alright, I'll leave you with Louis. Bye. Love you."

"Love you too." I hang up, then I look at Louis. His arm is still wrapped around my shoulders.  "If I've learned anything from this conversation, it's that you love Zayn.", he says. I laugh. "Well..." He hugs me tighter. "So you're going to tell him?"

"Yes. I need to." He nods. "Good. By the way, we're here." 

I look at the left. He's right, we're in the hallway that leads towards the right back door. I take a breath. "Alright. Let's go!"

"Yes." Louis' hand wanders from my shoulders down to my hand. His thumb slightly touches my balm. I take his hand and interlace our fingers.

"What are you-"

"It makes me feel safer. And I've never held hands with a boy."

"I thought you were gay?"

"I am, but I was never in a real relationship, so nobody let me held their hand."

"Aww. I'll always let you hold my hand."

"Thank you, Lou."

He warmly smiles at me. "Always." Then we turn around to the backdoor. A familiar pair of blue eyes stares at us, a speechless look in their face.

"L-Lucas?"