Chapter 42

I think today is the first time I'm actually excited for a Monday. I can't wait to see Louis. As soon as I arrive at school, I'm going to run to my locker. Louis is already leaning on it, a bag in his hand. He looks so adorable and handsome, wearing a striped shirt. A warm feeling starts to form inside of my belly.

"Lou!", I shout.

He looks up and his eyes illuminate. "Harry!"

I run towards him and hug him tight. "How are you?"

"I'm fine." He hands me the bag. "Here. For you."

I look into the bag. Chocolate! But not regular chocolate, my favourite kind of chocolate! "Lou, that wasn't necessary, thank you so much!" I lean towards him to kiss him, but then I stop myself, remembering he isn't out yet. We stare into each others eyes, overwhelmed, but then, Louis looks around. "Nobody's here yet, I don't mind", he mumbles.

"Alright."

He grabs the texture of my sweater and  gently connects our lips. His touch burns on my lips, and the happiness in my chest feels like yesterday. When we pull away, we smile at each other for a few seconds, then he puts his hands on my waist and kisses me again. I stroke his chest with my hands, and I can feel the soft texture of his shirt.  His hands slowly wander towards my back and pull me closer.

"Hi Harry, do you- WOAH, DID YOU MEAN THAT WHEN YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO TELL ME SOMETHING?"

I quickly back away and push myself in front of Louis. "Uhm, hi Zayn...?"

He stares at me, shocked. Louis hides behind me and nuzzles his face into my shoulder. I can feel his hands on my arms.

"What. Happened. Yesterday?", Zayn asks

I laugh nervously. "Nothing, Louis and I just... talked, made up our problems. We're friends again."

"Friends with be-"

"NO!", Louis looks over my shoulder, angrily. "we aren't 'just friends'. We are more. But... we don't know what, yet. We need to try that out for a while."

I nod. "Exactly."

Zayn's expression slowly changes. "Fucking hell." With a bright smile on his face, he first hugs me, then Louis. "Finally. Finally!! I'm so happy for you, for both of you. I wanted this for so long... I need to tell everyone, Niall, and Liam, and Roman, and Ol-"

"No!", Louis cuts him off, "don't tell anyone! Zayn, I don't want Mark to know... I'll tell Niall, Liam and Oli, and that's it, yeah?"

"Oh." Zayn looks disappointed. "But yeah, of course. It's your relationship, not mine."

Louis' arm creeps towards my hips, then he puts it around them. "Exactly, it's ours." He looks up at me, I pet his cheek and kiss his tiny button nose.

Zayn smiles fondly. "Aw. Alright, I guess I'll let you lovebirds alone." He looks at some people behind us. "There's Theo, I'll say hello to him. Bye guys, and be careful, yeah?" During the last part, he looks specifically at Louis. Louis nods seriously, as if they understood each other without words. Zayn smiles again and waves at us, then he joins his boyfriend. Theo greets him with a hug, then Zayn ruffles his hair and takes Theo's hand.

"They're adorable", Louis says.

"They are." I stare into his eyes. "So are you."

"Shut up! I'm not. I'm sexy, not adorable."

I giggle. "You're both."

"That isn't possible!"

"It is, otherwise you wouldn't exist. Can't you just take a simple compliment and say thank you?"

"I guess I can. Thank you." He sassily rolls his eyes. More and more people appear in the hallway. I notice how Louis becomes uncomfortable. I try to make the pose we're stuck in as just-friends-likely as possible, and I can see the guilty look on his face. "I'm so sorry, Harry."

"Don't. It's not your fault. I promise, we'll work this out."

He smiles relieved. "Thank you so much for trying to help me."

"Of course."

"I want to kiss you so bad right now."

"Me too, and I'd say let's go somewhere else but it'll ring in two minutes..."

"I know." He sighs. "See you later."

I nod. "Yeah. Later."

---

The whole week, we try to act not too suspicious. Niall always looks at us and smiles widely, and I swear, he's so obvious, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole school knew it by tomorrow. Friday is coming closer and closer, and all I want is to go to that fucking date to finally give the thing we have a name. We don't even hold hands, or act all cuddly with each other. We sometimes kiss if no one is watching, and there are a lot of subtle touches nobody but only people like Niall notice.

Also, what's weird is that Louis and I don't write letters to each other. It became kind of a habit for me, but since we kind of have a thing now, I guess it's job is done? I am also scared to ask Louis. I mean it would be weird, wouldn't it? "Lou, can we start writing letters again?" I don't know.

Theo started sitting on our table. He's always cuddled up with Zayn. Zayn told me that they finally slept with each other, which is great, but he told me he bottomed and he liked it. That surprised me so much. I mean c'mon, it's Zayn fucking Malik we're talking about! Zayn never bottoms. I guess he's whipped for Theo. They're so cute. Zayn said that he thinks he loves Theo. I think the same way and I also think he should tell him. I don't think Theo's ever experienced love before. I don't know a lot about him, but he just doesn't seem to be one of those people in long lasting relationships. As long as he makes Zayn happy, it's perfectly fine to me. I think Zayn feels the same about me and Louis, but since he wanted us to get together earlier than I did, I think he's fine with it. Him, Niall and Liam are so happy, it's nearly cute, but also embarrassing. But what do you want me to do? That's what friends are there for.