Chapter 46

"Harry, you've got a little ice-cream on your nose", Louis points out, "can I wipe it away?"

I chuckle. "Go ahead."

Louis bends towards me and licks over my nose. Did he really..? I blush and grab his face to kiss him. I can even feel the rest of the ice-cream on his tongue. Vanilla. Louis pulls away and smiles. He licks on the ice-cream we're sharing. Now, his lips are full of it. My mind immediately goes somewhere else, I can feel how it gets hot inside of my body. "Now you've got some on your lips", I mumble.

"Have I?" He smirks. "Kiss me, love."

I do what he asks for. After five minutes of aggressive kissing, we both pull away, out of breath. Louis asks for the time.

"It's half past ten p.m.", I say.

"I probably should go home."

"Probably", I sigh. "What do you tell your family?"

"Nothing. I'm twenty. I don't have to tell them anything."

I shake my head. "That's not how it works, honey."

"Well, I don't care, that's my way to do things."

That makes me laugh. "The Louis-way?"

"The Tommo-way."

We both laugh for a while. We decide to go for a walk. Louis gets up, takes my hand, interlaces our fingers. Suddenly, a little girl, not older than fourteen, runs past us, frightened to death.

"Have you seen that?", Louis asks.

"Yeah, I did"

"Should we follow her?"

"She might think we're creeps."

"Yes, but she also might be in danger." Louis starts to follow the girl. In the next moment, another person rushes by. They run behind the girl, and at one moment, they turn around so that I can see their face. Their bulldog-likely face.

It's him.

I freeze immediately, I feel how my heart stops. Louis doesn't notice what happened to me at first, he only stops walking when his hand is pulled back by me.

"Harry?" He looks confused. "Babe? What's wrong?"

My breath starts to go faster. Louis puts his hand on my back. "Love? You okay?"

"I- it's him..!"

"Who?" The only emotion I can see on his face is panic.

"T-the one... the one who-" I burst out in tears. In that moment, Louis understands. His face becomes all pale. I can't see what he's thinking right now. He slowly closes his eyes, then he turns around and start to run.

"Hey!", he yells, "hey, sir!"

The man looks over his shoulder. He recognises me, I can tell. Suddenly, I break down and fall on the ground. The ice-cream is ruined. What happens next is very blurry, I know that Louis shouts my name and I can hear hitting noises. After a few minutes, Louis comes back to me, he wipes away my tears, wraps his arms around me and squeezes me tightly. "My love...", he mumbles. I cough, and new tears start to stream down my face.

"No... Harold, don't cry..."

"I- is the girl fine?"

Louis nods. "She ran away. She's safe."

I look at him. Then, I notice that he has a bruise below his eye. "Louis! Did he hurt you?"

"Oh..." He puts a hand on his bruise. "It's nothing, really... I yelled at him first, so he hit me."

"Does it hurt?"

He shakes his head, but I can tell he's lying. "Let's get you home, babe. I'll stay with you, yeah?"

I nod. "Yeah..."

"C'mon, my car isn't far away." He takes my hands and helps me get up. Then he leads me towards his car. "It'll be alright, love... it'll be alright."

---

When I wake up the next day, I'm lying in my  bed, Louis all cuddled up against me  his arm wrapped around my waist. I feel terrible. My head hurts, my hair is greasy and my skin is cold. I look down at my boyfriend. He looks cute, his face nuzzled into my chest, but I can see on the look of his face that he's angry.

The door opens slowly. "Harry?"

I look up. It's my mum. "Hi."

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay", I say, as quiet as possible, not wanting to wake Louis up. I carefully stroke his cheek.

"We should tell the police. I mean if you saw the girl he followed and everything..."

"Yes, we should. Please be quiet, I don't want Louis to wake up because of you."

"Harry, you know I love and support your and Louis' relationship but honestly, right now, there are more important things than Louis' sleep."

"What?", Louis mumbles sleepily, "did someone say my name...?"

I glare at my mum. "You woke him up!"

Louis starts to move a little. He buries his face into my jumper. "Harry..."

"Yes, honey?"

He grunts and mumbles something incomprehensible against my chest.

"Are you awake?"

"Hmm..."

"Aw." I put my arms around him. "Mum, go away. He's awake because of you."

"No... 's alright...", Louis mumbles. Mum smiles. "Thanks, Louis. I appreciate you. But I'll leave anyway. Harry, I'll cancel the appointment with your psychologist, yeah? Also, as soon as you decide what you want to do, make sure to tell me." With those words, she leaves the room.

"How are you, Lou?"

"Doesn't matter. How are you?" He opens his beautiful eyes for the first time today.

"I don't really know, to be honest."

"Same. The girl was nearly raped. By the same man who... it's too much."

I nod. "It is. I woke up five times during the night to cry. I'm so overwhelmed, so confused. I don't know what to do."

Louis softly kisses me. His lips are comforting right now, helping me a lot. "It'll be okay. Do you understand? It will be okay."

"Yeah..." In the next moment, I receive a notification from Instagram.

@l3tm3pun1shy0u commented on your post: Fucking fag deserve to die I should just fuck you until you die

Louis stares at my phone, eyes widen. Then he looks at me. "I think I just understood something big."