Chapter 39

As I stand in front of Louis' small,  pretty house, a bunch of roses in my hand, I realise that I've never seen his parents or any of his family members. He never even took me to his house! Niall gave me Louis' address, to help me with my plan, but now I think I should run away. The flowers in my hands are red, so everyone would immediately understand what I want to say. His homophobic stepfather for example.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I even wrote a- a poem? A song? I don't know, but a lyrical piece of art for him. Should I turn back?

No. I'm going to find a way. I am not turning back. I am brave. And love is only for the brave.

I hide the bunch of flowers inside of my coat, so that no one can see it. I even dressed up nicely for him.

I take a big step. Now, I'm standing in front of Louis' door. Should I ring? I should. I just need to pray that the stepfather won't open the door.

Then I do it. I ring at Louis' door, ready to die. Okay, that's a little exaggerated, but you get what I mean.

A beautiful woman in her late thirties opens the door. She's wearing a nurse outfit, her hair is messy and she looks tired, but the look on her face still is friendly.

"Hello, how can I help you?", she asks smiling.

"Uhm, I- I'm Harry, and I'm here for Louis...?", I stutter. Her eyes light up immediately. "You're Harry? As in the Harry?"

"I'm sure there are more than one Harry in the world, Mrs...?"

"Tomlinson."

I breathe out. I'm at the right house.

"But, is Harry Styles standing in front of me?"

I nod, confused. Suddenly, a young girl, probably around thirteen years old, appears in the frame. "Hi, Harry!", she shouts.

"Hi, what is your name, sweetie?"

"I'm Lottie."

"Oh, well, your eyes are beautiful, Lottie." Big and blue. She giggles. "Thank you, Harry. You are very handsome, too."

Mrs. Tomlinson puts her hand on Lottie's head. "I'm sorry, Louis just talks a lot about you so we're very excited to meet you." She laughs nervously. "You wanted to see him, you said?"

"Y- yes." He talks a lot about me.

"Alright, come in, Harry. His room is down the hallway on the right."

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Tomlinson. I can't thank you enough."

She closes the door behind me and lets me find Louis' room. The house is really small, but also quite cosy. The walls are painted in neutral colours and there are hanging a few pictures of Louis and his siblings. He always looks adorable.

When I arrive in front of his door, I knock on it.

"Come in", Louis says. I slowly open the door, and see him lying on his bed, with glasses on, reading a magazine. His room is messy, and filled with posters of musicians and another pictures.

"Hi, Lou", I say. He freezes. Then he looks up, shook. "...Harry?"

"I didn't know you need glasses."

"There's a lot of me you don't know", he replies, still confused

I pull out the flowers. "Louis, I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh my god." The panic is written across his face. "Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god." He hides under his bedsheets. "Fuck. You should've warned me. I would have cleaned up and..." I can't understand the rest.

"Well, you didn't really let me talk to you to be honest. That's why I had to try something different."

"God, Harry...", he puts the bedsheets away. "You know what? I still am fucking angry. But I'll let you talk. Because everyone deserves a second chance. But if you mess up again, I'll be definitely gone." He gets up. "Fuck, why did you dress like that? I look like a potato, compared to you."

He doesn't. He looks comfortable, wearing a jogging and my ju- my jumper? I forgot he kept it. Oh my god, I can't believe he's still wearing it...

"Let me just put on something different", he says, blushing. "Turn around."

"What?"

"I said: turn around."

Why would I...? But I do what he wants. If he wants his privacy, he should get it.

After two, three minutes, he says: "Done."

I face him, again. The glasses are gone, he's wearing some red trousers and a striped shirt. You can see his little tummy though the shirt, and I get butterflies, again.

"You look beautiful, Lou", I compliment him. He doesn't even complain. But he also doesn't reply. He opens the window and sees me staring at him.

"Are you coming or what?"

"Uhm-" What? "Aren't we, like, going through the door?"

"Are you kidding?", he rolls his eyes, "Do you want us to be killed by Mark? He can't see us like that, with those flowers. I'm so grateful you hid them." He climbs out the window. "C'mon Harry, it isn't very high."

Yeah, I can still see his face, and considering his height, it isn't high at all.

"Alright." I walk to the window and hand him the flowers. He grabs them happily and smells them. I bite on my lower lip, then I climb out the window, just like he did.

"Where are we going?", I ask.

"The park", he replies, staring at the roses. I look down at him. "Do you mean, where you confessed?"

He nods. "Exactly. The same bench."

"Are you masochistic?

"Haha. Very funny." He rolls his eyes, again. "No, but it's a beautiful place and if something is going to happen, I can delete the bad memories I got from this place and replace it with good memories."

My heart jumps. This actually gives me more hope. "Thank you so much for giving me one more chance, Louis."

"No problem." He sighs. "I'm so fucking whipped."

"You are", I laugh, "but I'm happy about that."