Chapter 25

On Monday, when I go to school, I feel desperate to tell my friends about the date on Saturday. Tomorrow, I need to tell Pam about it. Because the date was good. It turned out just like a perfect first date. Something missed, but I don't know what. But since he did everything perfectly, it must be my fault. Maybe I'm only imagining things and nothing missed. I don't know.

I go to my locker and open it, happy after seeing that there's a letter of W. Since nobody's there at the moment, I choose to read it right now.

"Harry,

Hi. I heard about you and that Lucas guy. The whole school did, since he asked you during lunch break in the middle of the cafeteria in front of fucking everyone. But yeah, congrats to both of you, I guess.

I also think that we should stop writing to each other. I mean, since you're dating a boy that isn't me now, it wouldn't make sense if we keep on writing.

Good luck with Lucas. Bye.

-W."

My first thought is: No PS.

My second thought is: he didn't answer my question. I asked him if he was a vegan. Did he just ignore what I wrote in the previous letter?

My third thought is: W isn't Lucas.

My fourth thought is: fuck, NO!

I can literally hear how my heart shatters, I swear. I mean, I don't know W, but he means a lot of me, even though he's just a man hidden behind paper and letters to me. But still. He was always there for me, because his words were written on paper and I could look at them every time I wanted to.

I mean, I still can, since I kept all the letters, but it's different.

The letter falls to the floor. I bend down to pick it up, but someone's faster than me. I look up to them to see who it is. It's Niall. He hands me the letter.

"Thanks, mate", I say.

"No problem. What is this and why does it make you cry?"

"Wait, am I crying?" Shit, yes, some tears are rolling down my cheek. I quickly wipe them away. "Sorry."

"Don't apologise for crying, Harry. Do you want a hug?"

Oh my god, did he really ask this? That's actually adorable.

I nod. "Yes, please, Niall... I need it."

He smiles. "Aww." He spreads his arms, then he hugs me. I think it's the first time ever that Niall Horan hugs me. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer. After a few seconds, we both pull away. "Thank you, Niall. I feel better now." That isn't even a lie. It's surprising how good a hug from an uninvolved can feel.

"Yeah?"

"Yes. I'm okay, now."

He looks at me, worryingly. "Are you sure you're okay?"

I laugh. His eyes widen. "No, not in that way, I mean, are you physically fine?"

"Niall, that doesn't sound much better."

"Are you emotionally alright?"

"Still."

"Fuck. I'm giving up."

I laugh, again. Niall is hilarious. Maybe not on purpose, but he is. "Thanks Niall, I'm fine. I think."

"Alright." He squeezes my shoulder, then he leaves. I'm very grateful that he was there right now, it really was the perfect moment. If he wasn't here, I would have gotten a breakdown.

I press the letter on my chest, trying to get rid of the bad feeling in my body.

When I'm on my way to French class, trying to figure out how I get W to write me again, I bump into Lucas. Why do I always bump into people? Am I that clumsy?

First, Lucas makes sure that I'm alright, then he smiles at me. "Hi, Harry"

"Hi."

"How are you?"

Should I lie? "I'm... I'm fine, yeah."

"Nice." He nods. "I wanted to say thanks for the amazing evening on Saturday. It was very beautiful." He seems so honest. His big, blue eyes are filled with gratitude.

"I should be the one to thank you, Lucas", I reply. "No but honestly, you did a lot and it was very nice, thank you."

"No problem." He bites on his lip. "We... we should repeat that."

"Yes, we really should." I mean, I liked it, didn't I?

"Yeah." He touches my hand. The touch is very light and careful, but it feels unfamiliar. It's not like... like what?

"Listen, I need to go, but I'll see you later, right?", he says after looking at his watch

"Yes, of course." I hug him, but only for a few seconds because I feel weird. Is it because of the whole thing with W? Probably.

"Bye, Harry." Then he leaves. I watch him leaving. He's got a nice bum. It's small and firm. He hasn't got any curves, and his legs are long and muscular.

A perfect body.

But still.

I don't know. I'm being so weird. And like, I know it. And yes, it must be because of W. Why did that idiot say tha? Is he jealous? Is he possessive? Probably. But am I better? I want a nice, hot boy to date and at the same time another one to write with.

I guess I have to think about this later, when I've got more time to and when I'm not in a school full of noise. Because, even though I'm very confused: one thing is clear, and that thing is that I have to think about the whole situation and try to figure out how to fix this with W.