Chapter 20

"I'm sorry, Mrs, but I don't think that we can do anything about this incident", the police officer says.

Mum, Louis and I just stare at him.

"Pardon?", Mum says, "Why?"

"Well, how do you want us to find him?"

"Uhm, I'm sure that you can find him by the prints on Harry's clothes?", Louis snaps. I put my hand on his arm. "Shh!"

"Have you washed the clothes?"

"Yes", Mum says.

"Then it isn't possible."

Louis glares at him, angrily. I think the police officer is a little afraid.

"You know what, tell me the again, and I'll write everything down, then we'll see if we can do anything."

I nod. "I was raped last Saturday, well maybe it was Sunday, because it was very late. He hurt me and he didn't prevent. Oh yeah, he also mixed KO-pills into my drink, well we think so, because I was defenceless and sleepy. Later, Louis found me."

"At what time did Louis find you?", he asks.

"Three a.m., maybe half past three.", Louis responds.

"Where did the incident happen again?"

"At my friend's house, number 12 Adelaide Street, in the bedroom next to the staircase."

The officer writes all of this down. "What did the man look like again?"

"I don't remember it very well, but he looked older than me, thirty years old or something. He was a little taller than me and very muscular. I didn't have a chance... he had a little facial hair, too. Not much. He looked like a bulldog." I swallow. "That's all I remember."

"You should've come earlier. And you shouldn't have washed the clothes." The officer sighs. "Do you know if your friend has washed the sheets of the bed?"

"I'm sure, because on Monday, he was angry because there was 'cum and blood' on the bed."

"Oh my god, we could've found the DNA by inspecting the sperm of the man."

For fuck's sake. We really  should've come earlier.

"It's very late, now. Your description of the man is very vague, too." He looks to the ground. He seems really concerned. We're so stupid.

"Haven't you got anything? A name, a living indication?"

"I really don't think so."

"Alright. I don't want to lie to you, I don't think we'll find him. But we'll call you, if this happens. Would you please leave your number? Or the one of your mother?"

I write down my number on a piece of paper he gives me. I also write down my name.

"Alright, thank you. I'm sorry we can't really help."

I just nod. Louis wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me close to him. "Let's go, Harold", he says. "Yeah..."

Mum shakes the officer's hand. "Thank you very much." Then Louis turns me around and we leave the police station.

"How are you?", Mum asks when we're back in the car. Louis caresses my balm.

"Honestly? I feel awful", I reply, "I just want to cry, again. I feel so dumb and defenceless."  A tear already leaves the corner of my left eye and rolls down my cheek.

"Aw..." Louis kisses the tear away. "Don't cry, Harry!" My cheek burns under the touch of his lips.

Mum sighs. "I feel so sorry for you, Harry. Zayn should've paid more attention to you."

"Hey, don't blame Zayn. I'm not his only friend, and it was my fault that I let others serve my drinks. This isn't Zayn's fault."

"You're right, but this wouldn't have happened if he had paid attention to you."

"It also wouldn't have happened if Pam, who was with me, would have paid attention. It wouldn't have happened if Roman hadn't left me earlier. It wouldn't have happened if Lucas had stayed with me." I shake my head. "There is no one to blame but the man who raped me. He should be punished."

"He should die", Louis agrees.

"Woah, not that brutal, Louis!", mum says.

"But he's right", I mumble. Then I turn towards Louis. Our noses nearly touch. "Thank you for being my friend", I whisper. Louis blushes. "Thank you for letting me be your friend", he replies. I nudge his nose. He smiles at me. His teeth are beautiful, but so is everything about him. I touch his cheek.

"Why are you that obsessed with my face", he laughs. I smile and stroke his cheek. "Because it's pretty and I like pretty things. I wonder why you're single."

Louis looks down. First, I'm confused, then it hits me. "Oh my god, you aren't? Who are they? Do I know them?"

"No, no, it's the opposite. I like someone and I don't think it's mutual."

"Oh." Poor Louis. "Who is it? Do I know them?"

"I won't tell you. But yes, you do know him."

Him. It's a boy. "Why don't you tell me?"

"Because it's going to be awkward."

Oh. So I must know him well. Oh my god- "Is it Zayn?!"

"What?! No! Why would it be Zayn?"

"Because I know him very well and he's hot."

"Yes, but..." He looks up at me, angrily. "Hey! Why are we talking about this? Today is about you. We're going to the doctor now. I don't want to talk about my crush."

I pout. "But Louuuu!"

"We arrived anyway", mum interrupts us.

Fuck. The truth is going to come out, now. And I'm not ready, yet.