Chapter 31

"Hey Harry,

I'm ready. God, I'm so fucking nervous, but yes, I'm ready. Meet me after school in the park, yeah? You'll find me on the bench next to the river. I'll be there. I'll wait two hours, and if you decide not to show up, that's totally fine.

God, Harry. I'm scared. So fucking scared. I kind of think you will reject me, but I also don't. Fuck, Harry. I'll probably shit myself. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. I hope you're coming. I like you so much, I don't want to lose you. The thing is, you probably don't get what you, what this means to me. You are so important to me, and I'm about to risk it all...

Fuck. Fuck. Sorry for my swearing, it's just... fuck.

-your W. Xx

PS: please come. Even though you might regret it, don't leave me there, waiting for you."

He wants to meet me?

He wants to meet me!

He wants to meet me.

Do I have theatre class today? No, wait, it's Friday. I immediately grab my phone to tell Zayn. In that same moment, a call from him enters. I'm stunned. How...?

I pick up. "HARRY!"

"ZAYN!"

"I HAVE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!"

"ME TOO!"

"I'll be at your locker in five, yeah?"

"Yes, of course." I look at my watch. School starts in ten minutes. That should work out.

After little time, Zayn shows up. He runs towards me, a bright smile on his face, and pulls me into his arms. "Harry!"

"Zayn!" I nuzzle my face into his neck. "What happened? You're literally glowing!" I pull away to look at him. He laughs and kisses my cheek.

"I'm so fucking happy, Harry. Something amazing happened." His eyes are literally sparkling. I wonder if he... that'd be wonderful.

"Tell me, Zayn."

"Yes. I..." He smiles again. "I'm sorry, i just can't believe it!"

"Calm down, Zayn... take a deep breath."

He nods and does what I dared him to do. For a second, he closes his eyes, then he opens them again and says: "I'm bisexual."

"I know?"

He smiles. "Openly bisexual."

I gasp. "Oh my fucking- ZAYN!! COME HERE!" I pull him into another hug. He laughs against my ear, and god, he sounds so genuinely happy. I'm so proud of him. He finally made it.

"Judging by the way you act, they took it well?"

"They did!" He moves back and excitingly nods. "They said that they don't mind about my sexuality and stuff, the typical 'as long as you're happy'-stuff... but honestly, I'm so fucking glad."

"So am I." I laugh. "Have you only told your parents and sisters or also your grandparents?"

"Also my grandparent! And they were less homophobic then I expected them to be." He turns around in happiness. "Now I can finally date boys in public!"

"Yes! And you can show them your parents", I mock him.

"Yeah... although I don't think they would like that." He smirks. "Anyway, what did you want to tell me?"

"Oh! Uhm..." The thing is that what happened to him is so much more important than what happened to me. "Today is about you, bro. I'll tell you later."

"No, no, tell me, Harry! If it's something good then I'd be happy to hear it!"

"No, no, it's completely fine. You should run around with rainbow flags singing gay songs."

"Yeah, no. I'm not like that."

"Okay, but you should be proud."

"I am proud. Look, I'm going to ask this pretty boy out. In public."

And that's what he does. He leaves me and goes talk to a cute, short boy. The boy looks kind of insecure. I think he's straight, he seems to be scared of Zayn's intense flirting.

I shake my head, smiling, and turn around, still unable to believe that Zayn made it. I have to be a supportive best friend, now. Because that's what Zayn is to me. A best friend. I shouldn't talk about my shit, now, that he's reached such an amazing goal.

When I leave for math class, I see how Zayn waves at me. He nods. Wow, did the boy say yes? I guess I was wrong. But on the other hand, no one can resist Zayn since he's one of the most handsome people on this school. I raise my thumbs to show him I'm proud of him.

In math class, I write my answer for W. Nothing big, I only say that I am definitely coming since I'm so desperate to finally see him. I don't think I'm going to reject him. I don't see why I would do that.

After I put the letter in W's locker, I meet Louis, which happens often. I think his locker is on the second floor, too, because I see him a lot there.

"Lou!"

"Harold!" He pulls me into his arms and pecks my cheek. My heart starts to speed up, and I can feel the familiar tingling in my belly.

"How are you?", he asks. I smile. "Amazing. Zayn came out to his family! And I have kind of a date today."

"I know, I'm so happy for Zayn! I already knew because he told me but honestly it's so cool!" He laughs happily. Aw, cute little Lou. He's so adorable. "But who do you have a date with?"

I blush. "You know, a mysterious boy is sending me love letters the past months, and I'm finally going to meet him."

"Oh yeah, true."

I look at him, confused. His eyes widen immediately. "I mean, I-"

"Oh, so you know him and he told you?", I ask.

Louis nods. "... yeah."

"Alright. Don't tell me who it is! I want to find it out by myself, today."

"I won't." He seems to be overwhelmed.

I squeal. "God, I'm so excited!"

He smiles wryly. "Me too." Why would he be excited? "Uhm, for you, obviously", he adds.

Oh. He's such a good friend. So supportive. I gratefully smile at him. "Thank you."

He gently puts his fingers on my chin and looks into my face. Ugh, he's so gorgeous. I wonder if he looks into a mirror and thinks: 'damn I'm hot'.

Suddenly, the doorbell rings. "Oh. Bye, Harold. See you later", he says.

I nod. "Yeah. Bye." Then I notice I still don't know who he has a crush on. Fuck!