28

What were men searching for when they looked into your eyes at these moments of vulnerability

**************

She knocked on Sam's door. She was irritated, frustrated, and beyond pissed at the familiarity of this situation but this needed to become unfamiliar pretty soon. Like this soon.

This door had to close once and for all.

He opened the door and without saying anything left the door open and walked back inside the room indicating for her to follow him inside. She entered the familiar room.

She went and sat on the corner of the bed. She removed her white sneakers and sat cross-legged on the bed. She figured she might as well do that because it was not going to be a short conversation.

"Going somewhere?" He asked her as he noticed her sneakers.

"Yeah, I'm leaving. Going back home," she answered.

"So soon?" He asked her raising his eyebrows before turning the other way round standing with his back towards her. He was eating his breakfast. She looked carefully and she saw that he was eating ice cream for breakfast. He was seriously colorful.

"I need to talk to you Sam," she finally said.

He turned around and sat on a chair. He held the chair between his legs and dragged it forwards until their knees were touching, almost.

"Talk," he said.

"Sam, you can't keep on doing this to yourself," she played with her fingers. Nathan's voice came through the back of her submerged memories and she remembered that she had to talk with confidence. She needed to make her point because she was right.

"What am I doing? And why do you care?" Sam asked her.

"No no no Sam stop! You're in some other headspace. We tried Sam, but we were miserable. You are only thinking about happy memories and all the moments I cared about you but you are ignoring where I gave you shit tons of blame for things that you didn't do! You are forgetting all of that. I was toxic to you. You said to me you felt empty and I did nothing to help you," she said.

"Have you come here to make me realize all the reasons you are wrong for me?"

" Sam the thing is you have to accept that I am not for you. I love him," This was the finale.

"You love him? You love him?" He stood up as he screamed. He pushed the chair away with such a strong force that it collided with the wall making a huge sound.

"How can you love me for so long and now love him? Are you that fickle-minded? What kind of heart do you have? Do you have any stand? Is your heart like a football or what? Today on him, yesterday was on me!?" He accused her.

She stood up as she walked up to him. She put a hand on his shoulder but it was like asking for your death. As she placed it on his shoulder, he reclined with such a strong force that she shuddered at the rapid force she felt.

"I can't even look at you," he said. Her heart pounded in her chest. It shattered into tiny fragments.

"Sam but is this right? Is the anger that you're subjecting me to justified?" She asked him calmly.

He didn't reply. He sat down on the bed.

She sat down on the floor in front of him as she placed her hands on his knees. At the same moment, he looked into her eyes.

What were men searching for when they looked into your eyes at these moments of vulnerability, she wondered to herself.

"You used to love me when I was with you Sam but I used to love you too. You're my first love and just because we're moving on, your importance in my life isn't minimalized. And last I heard, you are Sam. The Sam, your ego and self-worth wasn't endangered by girls like me," she threw the same dialogue he had said to her in the first fight that they had had when they first met.