18

Instead of giving me all the reasons why we didn't work out if you would've given me at least one reason why it would've worked out we still would have been together

**************

Van had driven her back home in the morning. She had bid Nathan's mom and his goodbye.

They had exchanged numbers and feelings in one night.

She had completely let herself loose and put herself in God's plan and this time there was going to be no meddling from her side.

She was going wherever the journey took her but right now the journey was taking her to Sam's house.

She was waiting inside her car outside his house as they were supposed to go to the interview together.

She saw Sam walking towards her car. She moved her face away from him instantly out of habit but she forced herself to look back. She was going to give him no reaction and that's how she was going to get over the sadness that surrounded her whenever he came near her.

She wasn't going to look away, she was going to be a big girl and face the elephant in the room.

Van's mood was dampened since the morning when he got to know that he had to drive Sam to work.

"Just calm down, Van," she mumbled.

"I just hate that guy. So arrogant," he gritted his teeth as he spoke.

Sam got inside the car and fastened his seat belt.

They drove in silence.

For her, the silence was good but for reasons only known to God, he wanted to talk to her.

"So how's life?" Sam started the conversation.

"Great, you tell," she replied.

"It's going good," he said.

"How's your dad?" She asked after a long pause.

"His treatment is on. Recovery from cancer is a long journey, so we aren't getting our hopes too high. He remains angry most of the time," he said.

"When is he not angry?" Kayden retorted.

Sam laughed at that. Looking over at him, she also started laughing.

"You know my life so well Kayden," Sam spoke honestly.

At that moment Van honked the horn too many times. When she looked at the road in front, it was empty. She got confused and looked at Van in the mirror. He was looking back at her and then she realized he didn't like what Sam said.

She felt a smile tug at her lips. She should be mad at Van for eavesdropping, but this was funny.

She ignored what Sam said. Sam had a habit of saying things like that when he couldn't decide what he wanted.

"How's Alexa?" She asked him.

Sam looked at her as she asked this question. He was shocked that she was even asking this question because he thought she was going to pretend to be oblivious of the fact that he was in a relationship with the girl that calls herself her best friend whenever she wants big roles in her favor or a gym buddy.

"She's great. We recently went on a vacation to the Maldives."

Now, why would he say that?

The Maldives was her favorite destination. She was a Cancerian and water made her calm. She had told him so many times to take time off from work so that they could go there together. But he was always busy and now he was taking her to the places he had promised to take Kayden.