07

Leaving an everlasting impression was a key to success, only if one didn't try hard to do it. She altered her theory a little bit.

**************

Kayden woke up with renewed confidence and with a productive feeling as if she had something to do today.

She was starting the shooting of her film Stars Aligned today. She was excited to work with the director of this film, Pablo Lorenzo. He was a seven-time academy award winner and a twelve-time nominee. This was once in a lifetime offer.

Her past self would be trying to come up with ways to impress him because the younger Kayden thought that leaving an everlasting impression was the key to success.

Leaving an everlasting impression was a key to success, only if one didn't try hard to do it. She altered her theory a little bit. Now she would find ways to hone her art to perfection and leaving an everlasting impression was not a chore anymore. It came spontaneously.

That's all she had to do for this film, she wasn't going to try to impress him, she was just going to perform her art to the best of her capabilities. She was going to do everything that the director told, but better.

With her hopes soaring through the sky and her self-esteem plummeting as high as Everest, she was ready to beat her best self to date, to become even a better self.

It was nine am by the time she got ready. She didn't have to wait for breakfast, because that was always brought to her by Van and she would always do it in her car.

She heard the honking of the car from outside which implied that Van was there.

She grabbed her keys and locked her apartment. Some photographers were waiting to take her picture.

She smiled for the cameras and waved at them. The photographers had been nice to her, mostly. They would keep their distance and sometimes they would wish her Good morning and she would too.

Most of the time, they didn't trouble her a lot.

"Kayden, can you please walk slowly so we can take your pictures," one photographer said to her.

She nodded her head and smiled at him. He was a middle-aged man. She stopped for some time and struck a few poses.

Van came behind her and calmly told the photographers to stay behind. He checked with extreme vigilance if somebody tried to make any kind of move. He opened the door for Kayden to enter.

Kayden saw that Van had opened the door. She took that as an indication that it was getting late. She politely waved bye to all the photographers.

"Have a nice day, Kay," some photographers murmured.

She got inside her car and saw a plate of waffles, with syrup and fruits, kept on the table already in the car. She picked up the package and started eating it.

"Thanks, Van. You never forget," she said to him.

"That's what you pay me for," replied Van, looking at her from the mirror.

" You do a lot more for me," Kayden said to him. She felt very chatty after her phone call with her mom yesterday. Some walls that she had built around her like she was trying to protect her soul, she had isolated herself from human connection, had finally broken. Now she was allowing her soul to be free.

She was adding something to her life like her mom had told her to.

Van was also shocked to hear her talking. She never said more than what was necessary.

"Why do you do so much for me, Van?" She asks him again.

Van hadn't been able to come out of the shock but he still managed to answer.