22

I haven't changed, I have changed the people around me

***************

"Sam's mom and Alexa," Van replied.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" She asked him.

He laughed, "I swear I wanna drive the car out of here. That obnoxious woman, his mother, drives me mad. But we can't do anything. She's come to your house Kayden, it might be something important," he said to her.

"That lady is the other version of Kardashian. Even nothing about her is important," she mumbled.

"Rich words," Van retorted.

She nodded and got out of the car. She walked inside her house without sparing one look at her.

Van went over to them and told them to go inside the house.

His mother walked after her while Alexa followed her.

As they walked inside, Kayden was already sitting on her couch. She motioned for them to take their seats.

Gracie asked them if they wanted water or anything to drink. They said no.

"I assume you've heard about it and you know why I am here?" Sam's mother said to her, directly coming to the point.

"You shouldn't assume things that you know nothing about," Kayden gave a sharp response.

"Sam left," she said disregarding what Kayden said.

Kayden knew it was serious when she saw the poor mother had tears in her eyes.

"He's not picking up my call neither hers. He didn't tell us where he went or why he went, " Sam's mother started crying.

"Well then that means he's fine, he just doesn't wanna be found. He's not a kid he knows how to travel around the world," Kayden spoke softly. The poor mother was already going through a lot she didn't want to put her through anything more.

"But as a mother, how can I survive when my baby is nowhere to be found," she said as she wiped her eyes with her kerchief.

"I can understand," she said sympathetically.

"That means you'll help me?" His mother asked her.

"Sure. If it's in my capacity," Kayden said.

"Help me find him," she said to her.

"Alexa knows him better. She is, after all his girlfriend, whom you gave blessings for from what I recall. She would have the best chances to find him," Kayden said. She couldn't help herself from lightly throwing shade.

"He isn't picking up my calls and I think he has blocked me," Alexa said to her.

"Okay, I'm calling him, let's see if he picks up my call," Kayden said as she dialed his phone number that she had deleted but still knew the digits by heart.

The phone kept on ringing. He didn't pick up the call but at least it was ringing so that means he hadn't blocked her, not like she cared but Alexa and his mother sure did and Alexa sucked in a breath and Sam's mom looked at her. Kayden wanted to roll her eyes and she did that mentally.

She wasn't really worried about Sam because she knew he was fine. He did that so many times with her. He would just leave any time he wanted and then come back with that miss-me baby smile. He always went away when life got hard and he felt like it was out of his control.

She had a mental grimace on her face as she realized how well she remembered him still. She had memorized everything about him without even knowing what she was doing. Guess that's what she gets for dating a guy for eight years who still didn't have the balls to marry her.