24

"There's a much easier way to tell me you trust me, baby," he teased her.

***************

She landed at the Cancun airport at nine pm. It was a one-and-a-half-hour drive to Tulum from there, approximately a hundred and a twenty kilometers.

Van had hired private drivers from there to drive them. She settled inside the car when Van said he would be back in a minute.

She was on her phone as she logged into the airport wifi and suddenly her phone went mad.

She tapped onto her Instagram fan accounts. The first thing she saw was her picture of exiting Nathan's house. She started reading the top comments.

Her fans were extremely glad that she had moved on from that jerk and she was finally moving in with Nathan. They had assumed that Nathan and she were dating and these were move-in rumors.

She smirked as she read the comments her fans were leaving on these pictures. She was always proud of her fans but this moment just showed how much her fans cared about her.

They always loved whom she loved and hated who did her wrong.

They were the best and most loyal acquaintances she had made without even knowing she was doing that.

Then she tapped onto the Bananza edits that her fans had made of her walk into the airport. They loved whenever she made appearances like that.

She and Nathan's names were trending on world twitter as fans were rooting for them to make a public appearance.

She felt loved and this was one of those moments in her life where one felt like nothing could go wrong.

She tapped on an email that was sent to her by Maybel. A letter opened where she had been announced as the biggest female star who had the most mass appeal with a whopping 8.4 percent of people voting for her.

Whoa! That was a lot.

******
On the other end, Nathan walked on the path leading to his house.

As he climbed the stairs, through the window he caught a glimpse of a girl sitting there reading a magazine.

His stomach dropped and he wanted to puke as he looked at her.

He retraced his steps and ran like crazy.

As he was at the corner of the block and completely out of breath. He thought to himself, why was he running? From his own house? Because of his ex? Who was sitting there in a house which didn't even belong to her?

He went back.

As he entered his house he ignored her.

She got up from the couch, "hey Nathan."

He glanced at her then grabbed the glass of water that was laid on the kitchen slab and chugged it.

He kept his back to her, "Hey Alexa."

Her name felt like acid in his mouth.

"Why are you here?" He asked her as he turned around and leaned back against the slab.

"Sam ran out on me and I could think of nobody who would understand me, except you," she said to him as she walked to stand in front of him.

She put her hands on his arms and started rubbing them.

"Please don't touch me," he said with a scowl on his face.

"Sorry," she said as she clamped her fists closed.

"Why are you acting so distant?" She asked him.

"You have got some nerve, Alexa! Have you suffered a memory loss or what? We broke up, you replaced me with Sam in two weeks Alexa! Two weeks!" He showed her two with his fingers.