05

In a time where people would save your contact with your name, only to not pick up your phone when you're calling them, find someone who will always make it a priority to pick up your phone.

****************

Today Kayden's best friend, Vanessa had got married to Dmitri and here she was, getting ready for the reception party. She had always thought that the love story her two best friends shared, she too would have that.

She always believed that she would be shooting a film with her co-star and initially they would start to go out, just for the fun of it, and then in no time, there would be spunk in the air. He would sweep her off her feet and the tingles that she would get when he would look at her would electrify her with every glance he threw her way.

And even if their personalities were poles apart, she would be the one that he would want to know everything about. Even if he was opposed to her, she was the one to who he was going to be attracted, and what started, just for fun would eventually turn out to be the end game for her.

But her best friend's love story was one of those opposites attract one but Kayden wanted her guy to be similar to her to some extent. Because the number one thing that she wanted in a relationship was to be understood because she hadn't been understood in her past relationships. She'd always known the good-bye because of misunderstandings.

No one took the time to know her.

She realized that once again she got stuck in her head. This day was not about her, it was about her best friend and she needed to be there for her. She needed to go to the reception party on time and not waste time getting stuck in her head. She did this a lot nowadays.

She looked at herself in the mirror and realized that her stylist, like always, had done an amazing job. She sparkled in a bodycon, golden sequin dress which was off-shoulder on the right side. The dress ended at her mid-thigh. Her chest-length brown hair was neatly straightened in a center partition. Since she was feeling brave and sexy, she decided to go for dark red-brownish lipstick. Her long earrings were going to kill her today but nothing a girl can't handle. She was feeling sexy today, a pair of earrings couldn't bring her down. Her makeup was neither too dark nor too light, just the right amount. Her eye makeup had golden sparkly eye shadow which elevated her eyes just the way she wanted. All in all, she looked fabulous, all thanks to her stylist. Of course and her mom for giving her, her amazing genes. Her dad, not so much in the looks department. She got kindness from her dad.

She soon arrived at the venue with her bodyguard, Van. Van was more than a bodyguard to her now. He was family. He had taken so much care of her she couldn't even thank him enough. He would tell her to stop drinking too much when she was hurt by Sam. Whenever Sam stood her up, he would always come to pick her up. Even after his work hours were over. He didn't owe it to her to leave his family behind in the middle of the night but he always came no matter how late she called him.

He always picked up her phone. And this is something she values above everything else in a time where people would save your contact with your name, only to not pick up your phone when you're calling them.

She entered the hotel lobby to see it flooded by who's who of the industry. All these people used to be her friends, but once she got cast in marvel films and gave back to back hits for Martin Scorsese and he announced that she was his favorite actress to date as he would not have been able to achieve so much success in his films if she hadn't acted in them and put so much belief in the complicated stories that he wanted to tell when no other actress trusted his gut, everybody in Hollywood turned against her openly.

It's one thing when your enemies attack you openly, but it's a whole new level of shitty when friends turn against you.

They hated her because they couldn't be like her or envied her because they wanted to be like her and, trying to become like her, is no piece of cake.