Unrequited Love (Christmas!)

A/N - So, guys, what did you all get for Christmas? Was Harry under your tree? 

You'd had a crush on your friend Harry Styles since the second you saw him. He was so funny, gorgeous, adorable and just made you so happy. Those green eyes drew you in, that handsome grin made you weak at the knees, you wanted to run your hands through those long brown curls.

Unfortunately, he only saw you as a friend. You'd never told him about your feelings for him - you didn't want to make things weird and make him pull away from you, you were happy to just have him in your life, even if it was just as a friend.

"Are you coming to the party tonight?" Harry asks you one evening as you sat around his home in LA with him and his friends.

"Yeah, I don't have anything else to do." You tell him, smiling at him. He grins and nods.

One thing also stopping you from telling Harry how you felt was that unfortunately you didn't see him often. You were an actress so you were almost always either in LA or wherever you were filming while he was always off traveling the world with his band. The two of you just had your own lives to tend to, relationships weren't really a priority for either of you.

Later that night, at the party, you lost Harry in the crowd but were happy with your drink as you move around the crowd, mingling and speaking to people you knew along the way.

"Did you come with Harry?" One of your acting friends ask, winking at you. "I saw he was here."

"We came together, but I came with all the guys so don't read too much into it." She laughs and shoves you playfully. She knew how you felt about him as you had confided in her one day on set when the two of you were working on a movie together. You had been showing her a video of you and Harry from the previous week when the two of you covered a song together, just messing around. You sang but just for fun, it wasn't what you wanted to do as a job, you liked acting.

"One day, it's going to come out that he likes you too and you're going to kick yourself for wasting all this time that you could have spent with him." You laugh, taking a sip of your strong alcoholic drink as you shake your head. Your eyes glance around the room, looking for the gorgeous long haired tattooed man. You find him by the bar, leaning against it as he speaks low in a girls ear. You recognize her instantly as the beautiful Kendall Jenner.

"He doesn't want me." You tell your friend, nodding towards Harry as he and Kendall laugh and his arms slides around her waist. "You know him and Kendall have their thing going on." You watch as he goes back to whispering in her ear, making her smile and shake her head, resting her hand on his chest.

"He just likes to flirt with Kendall, it's not really a thing." Your friend assures you but you shake your head. Harry liked Kendall, he had told you so himself. He didn't do relationships, but the man could flirt and you had to face it, he liked sex. He wanted Kendall, not you.

"He doesn't want me," You say, turning your eyes away from Harry finally as he and Kendall continue to laugh together. You look back at your friend as she gives you a soft smile. "I'm okay with that. He's one of my best friends and that's all I need."

"But you would be okay with more."

"Well of course I would but we both know that my lifestyle doesn't really fit a boyfriend right now and his lifestyle doesn't really fit a girlfriend and that's fine. I'm okay being single, I promise."