Come Home (Christmas Eve)

A/N - Christmas eve and let's not forget, Louis Tomilson's birthday!! Can you guys believe it that he turned 30 this time?! 

Anyway, only 1 day to Christmas and enjoyyy thisss

It annoyed Harry to no end that he wouldn't be able to spend the holidays with his love. The plan was to fly to his home for Christmas this year. The last year was spent with (Y/n)'s family so they switched this year.

(Y/n) and Harry were supposed to fly over together to Holmes Chapel but (Y/n) had one more final. Harry left a few days early to spend it with Anne and Gemma since he hadn't been home in a while. (Y/n) had planned to take the final in the morning and fly out as soon as possible after that. She didn't want to waste any time alone on the holidays.

If Harry had known there was going to be a huge storm over the Atlantic halting all flights, he never would have left. He would much rather stay in their shared home in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, neither of you could see into the future and predict the storm and the dilemma it caused.

"What do you mean all of them are cancelled?" Harry huffs into the phone. This distracts both Anne and Gemma from the cookies they had been making.

"Huge storm. Looks like it's going to last for two days minimum." (Y/n) responds sadly.

"Two days?" Harry exclaims, "That's Christmas! How are you supposed to get home?"

(Y/n) decides to ignore the butterflies that come with Harry calling his childhood home her home as well.

"I don't know. I'm going to keep checking everything but it's not looking good. They halted my flight in New York." (Y/n) explains, she flops back onto the hotel room bed.

"That's absolute rubbish!" Harry says angrily, "What am I supposed to do on Christmas without my Lovey."

Harry whispers the last part as quietly as he can, hoping to God that neither of the ladies in the room heard him. He doesn't get away with it though because he can hear Gemma snort. He cuts her a look and notices his mother smiling too.

"I'll keep you updated but I don't know what else I can do."

(Y/n) and Harry exchange their goodbyes before hanging up the phone.

"She can't make it." Harry says in disbelief.

The two women look at each other and have a wordless conversation about Harry. He's noticeably changed since he's heard the disappointing news. He's slouching poorly and has no emotion showing on his face.

"We'll watch the weather. Maybe things will change. All it takes is one small shift and she can catch a flight in." Anne says optimistically.

"I shouldn't have left her in Los Angeles." Harry comments. He picks up his bowl of batter and throws aways it's contents. He doesn't want to make the cookies anymore.

"She had a final, Harry. It doesn't matter if you had waited, you couldn't do anything about the storm or the flight if you were there." Gemma tries to help ease his guilt.

"Maybe not, but (Y/n) wouldn't be alone in a hotel room for the holidays if I had waited."

No one says a word as Harry leaves the kitchen and goes to his room to mope.

Harry stays in this mood for over a day. It's Christmas eve now and he doesn't even care. His Christmas spirit is completely washed down the drain. The family has been watching Christmas movies all day. He hasn't gotten out of his funk since his phone call with (Y/n).

Little does Harry know (Y/n) has been travelling for the past 30 hours and is finally in Holmes Chapel. Harry is none the wiser. She has been in contact with Anne and Gemma so they would be able to surprise him. It didn't take long for the two Styles women to inform (Y/n) of his fall in spirits with her absence. (Y/n) made it her mission from that point on to be home before Christmas.

The doorbell rings causing Anne and Gemma to snap their heads in the direction of the door. Harry doesn't even bother to drag his head off of the pillow.

"Harry love, will you go get it?" Anne asks, "I believe it's one of the last minute gifts that I ordered."

"What would they be doing delivering packages at ten o'clock, mum?" Harry sits up, dragging his eyes away from the screen.

"Would you please go get your present?"

Harry gets up and starts walking towards the door, mumbling about how he shouldn't have to answer the door for his own gift. He's still mumbling about it when he pulls the front door open.

"-probably won't even want the gift. Don't feel like presents."

He looks out the door to see the one face he's been longing for. (Y/n).

"Should I just fly back then?" (Y/n) jokes. She pretends to walk away, pulling her suitcase behind her.

"Don't you dare!" Harry practically tackles her in a hug.

He inhales the scent that is always stuck to her. They've only been apart for a few days but it feels like too long for Harry. He doesn't ever want to let his girl go.

"You're here." He whispers, still not letting go.

"I am. I'm here and I'm also freezing!"

They pull away from each other, Harry takes her suitcase from her and follows her back into the house. Anne and Gemma are waiting in the foyer. They pull (Y/n) into tight hugs, almost as excited to see her as Harry. Harry's chest fills with warmth as he watches the exchange between all three of his favourite women. He couldn't be more grateful for how well (Y/n) was welcomed to the family.

Instantly she became the sister Gemma never had. Bonding over everything from shopping and travelling to complaining about Harry. The same thing happened with Anne. She was always so afraid that her son with the big heart would fall for someone who would use him or hurt him. It didn't take her long to recognize that (Y/n) had a heart just as big as Harry's. She truly cared for him and that's all it took for Anne to welcome her with open arms.

"I'm absolutely thrilled that you're here, (Y/n)!" Gemma cheers, "Harry's been absolutely depressed since you weren't going to be able to make it."

"Awe, bubs." (Y/n) pulls Harry into a side hug.

"Speaking of, how did you even make it here? What happened to the storms?" Harry asks, looking down at the love of his life.

"I have been from flight to flight the past thirty hours, I swear." (Y/n) rolls her eyes before diving into the long process of making it here before Christmas.

They move back to the living room but now the television is off and the fireplace is going. It finally feels like Christmas to Harry. The warmth that he gets from the holidays completely revolves around (Y/n) now which scares him. He's never loved someone so much.

They sit there talking for hours before calling it a night and heading to bed with promises of breakfast together in the morning.

Harry and (Y/n) slowly climb the stairs up to his room, sleep heavy on their bodies. They don't bother finding pyjamas, instead they strip themselves of their clothes. Harry holds out the blanket for (Y/n) to slide into. Once she does they snuggle in close. Harry smiles and closes his eyes tightly.

"I'm so glad that you're here." Harry breaths out.

"I'm glad I'm here too." (Y/n) leans back to press a short kiss to his lips.

"Merry Christmas, love."

"Merry Christmas, darling."