// Separation //

Knowing that your marriage was falling apart was honestly the hardest thing that you had to go through. The two of you promised through the good times and the bad, right? As soon as it became bad though, he pulls away and makes it worse. The two of you had been married for 2 years but your two-year anniversary came and went without any acknowledgment from Harry apart from a swift kiss on the cheek and a mumbled "happy anniversary" before he rushed out the door to go to the studio.

Most days, you didn't even see each other. He was spending more and more time in the studio and sleeping at one of the guys' houses, claiming they were working through the night. You hated to admit it, but you had this fear that he was cheating on you. You would never ask him that though, you were afraid of what the answer might be. It was better just not knowing.

You knew you were having problems, but when he came home one day and pulled you into his arms, hugging you tightly against his chest, you began to panic. Something about this moment, as you stood wrapped up in his arms for the first time in months, just didn't feel right. He pressed kiss after kiss to your forehead and cheeks before he pulled away and just looked down at you, your face in his hands.

"Harry?" You ask, resting your hands on his chest, playing with the buttons of his half buttoned silk shirt. 

"What's wrong?" He sighs and leans down, pressing a kiss to your lips quickly before pulling back. You frown more when you see the concentrated look on his face as he bites at his lower lip. He takes a deep breath and utters 4 words you had never wanted to hear.

"I want a divorce." He tells you as he drops his hands from your face and takes a step back from you. Your eyes widen before you frown, your eyebrows furrowing together. You will the tears not to come but your vision begins to swim before you. His tall long-haired form blurs before you blink the tears away, hating that they fall down your cheeks leaving hot tracks behind them.

"What?" You wanted to say more, you wanted to say so much more. You wanted to plead with him, make him see that he didn't really want that but that was all that you could manage to gasp out. Your chest heaved, your heart raced against your chest and your breathing became restricted, coming out in shallow harsh gasps.

"You can't tell me that you're happy in this relationship anymore, Y/N," Harry answers, taking another step away from you. He paces across the living room, running a hand through his curly mess of brown hair before he stops and turns to look at you, a pained expression running across that beautiful face of his. His green eyes were full of compassion and concern. "I love you, I still love you with all of my heart, I just..." He sighs, shaking his head. 

"I don't think that this is working anymore."

"We haven't even tried to make it work for months though." You answer, finally finding your words. "You're gone all the time so how am I supposed to make any attempt at being your wife when you won't even let me?" You wave your arms around maniacally before crossing your arms over your chest, ignoring the hot tears rolling freely down your cheeks.

"I just.." He sighed, shaking his head. "I just haven't been happy for a while so I've been staying away." He explains but that doesn't make you feel any better.

"Don't get mad when I ask this but..." You take a deep breath. "Have you really been staying with one of the guys sometimes or is there... is there someone else?" You had to know, if you let him walk out of your life without knowing, you were always going to assume the worst.

"What? No, love, of course not!" The second he said it, and you could tell he meant it, your chest released a little. "I would never do that to you."