Golden (Fruitcake Day)

A/N - It's Fruitcake day today and I absolutely forgot to add another one-shot for yesterday..I'll add it soon, so don't worry darlings! 

Well, I came out with a nickname for ya'll. It'll be darlings! If you want to change it, comment something interestinggg!!

After a whirlwind of three weeks in Europe, there were thirteen days of freedom between the show in Milan and the start of the Asia/Oceania leg of the tour in Singapore. Most of the crew was flying back to LA for some much-needed time with friends and family, although a group of particularly adventurous assistants was spending the break backpacking through the Alps.

You and Harry were hopping on a tiny private plane and heading to the Amalfi Coast for ten days of sun, sand, and uninterrupted alone time.

The villa Harry had rented was small but luxurious, with a modern, minimalist interior that focused mostly on the floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the infinity-edge pool out back and the white-sand beach beyond. You dropped your bags at the door and flung yourself onto the plush white sofa with a content sigh.

"I could get used to this!" you exclaimed, kicking off your shoes before lifting your feet up to cross the sofa's arm.

"Only the best for my sunflower," Harry said, leaning over the back of the couch to press a kiss to your forehead. "C'mon, let's go check out the pool." He grabbed your hand to help you up and you behind him out the back door.

The view was even better outside; the late afternoon sunlight gave everything a warm, golden glow. The deck around the pool was made of green tiles that shone brightly like sea glass. There were a few lounge chairs to one side and dining set on the other, with an outdoor shower in the space between the side of the house and the patio wall. A set of stairs led down to the beach below,

Harry let go of your hand and sprinted for the stairs.

"Race you to the water," he yelled, already halfway there by the time you registered what was happening.

"Cheater!" You called after him, racing to catch up. He beat you to the shore, but you weren't far behind. He stood with his arms out and you launched yourself into them, nearly knocking him over.

"Easy there," he said with a chuckle, scooping you up bridal-style.

"Harry, no!" You squealed as he turned towards the ocean, carrying you deeper. He kept walking, and eventually, the tips of your toes dipped underwater, sending a chill through your body.

"It's so cold!" you exclaimed, giggling and lifting your feet up to try and avoid the water.

"It's better if you just duck under," Harry said with mischief in his eyes before diving into the waves, pulling you down with him. A shriek escaped your lips but was promptly cut off when your head went underwater. You resurfaced, spluttering, wiping the saltwater out of your eyes with your fist.

"You're insufferable, Harry Styles," you said, shoving water at him.

"You love it," he responded with a smirk, splashing you back. You let out a playful growl, jumping onto his back and knocking him underwater again, before taking off towards the shore. He swam after you once he came back up and realized you were gone, catching up quickly.

His hand wrapped around your ankle, preventing you from going any further. Lunging forwards, he pulled on your ankle to flip you over so you were floating on your back, before promptly tackling you into the shallow waves.