safe with me (requested)

Mina didn't say a word as she walked into your shared room and curled up behind you. She just wrapped her arms around you and kissed the back of your neck a few times.

She didn't feel bad for not being able to find the words to say to make you feel better.

Seeing you so down, knowing that your mental health just isn't great right now, she knows words aren't what you need.

You just need her.

A moment of silence passed by with nothing but Mina kissing your neck and brushing her nails along your back to try and comfort you before she checked on you.

"Are you okay?"

You never open up to anyone else the way you do her. While you'd usually shy away and pretend that everything is fine with anyone else, you know you don't have to pretend to be okay when you're so far from that with Mina there.

Besides, she knows you like the back of her hand. Hiding anything from her is impossible.

You shook your head and her arms tightened around you instinctively.

"Are you hungry? Or thirsty? Is there anything I can do to help you in any way?"

You shook your head and you didn't have to look at her to know she was saddened about that. She's surely be feeling helpless.

"You're helping me right now, Mina. More than you know. You're here with me. You're holding me. You're making me feel safe despite everything feeling so overwhelming and out of control. You're all I need."

"I'm happy to hear that." She whispered in your ear, kissing behind it afterward.

You closed your eyes with a shaky sigh.

You're tired... so tired.

You feel like a prisoner of your mind. You feel trapped and unsure of everything around you.

"Do you want to talk about it? Anything you're thinking or feeling. I'll listen."

"Maybe later. But I do appreciate it. I don't know who to turn to right now. I feel like no one would understand."

"I understand. You know I do. And if there's ever anything I don't, I try my hardest to understand. I listen. I care about you. I love you so much."

You basked in the warm feeling that came over you when she kissed your cheek.

"I know you're fighting a war in your mind. I know it's hard. But you're trying. I see that. I'm proud of you for that."

"Thank you." You whispered.

"And I know so much is going on inside that busy brain of yours. I know you're tired. But you're amazing and I will always be here to remind you of that. I'll never stop telling you how much I love you and how strong you are, even when you don't feel it. You're safe with me. Always."

"I don't know what I'd ever do without you." You said, almost shakily.

"Shh." She soothed, rubbing your arms with her fingertips. "Don't you ever worry about that, because there'll never come a day when I'm not here for you. I love you. I will never leave you. Through thick and thin, I'm here. I'm never letting go, even when it's darkest."

Her words brought you comfort, her embrace bringing you immense warmth, and that's two things you needed so much as you struggle so deeply.

"It doesn't feel like it, I know, but things are going to get better someday. And when they do, I will still be here. I'm not leaving you. You'll get through this. You're strong enough; so much stronger than you know."

And for the first time in what felt like forever, you smiled a little. It wasn't huge and it didn't last long. But it was there.

Just like the flutter in your heart.

It was there. You felt it. You felt the effect of your sweet girlfriend's words.

And she'll never understand how much she means to you.

Words wouldn't be enough to express it.

But you know she's right.

Someday, things will get better. Someday, your mind will be a little kinder to you.

And you know, through the good and the bad and all the in-between's, she'll always be by your side.

And that's all you truly need.