3. First day.

Kiara's pov

I am heading back to my apartment with a teary eye as I bid my parents to the airport. They both have work back in india plus my sis was in aunty's home for 2 weeks, so they can't stay with me in America. So they are going back to India . Suddenly I feel really empty . Back in india there was not even a single day without my family. At least they could have waited till the first day of my job . Today is Saturday and tomorrow is Sunday they will land there in Sunday evening. And I need to go to my new job on Monday. The online training was really convinient . I learn everything quite well.

As I reached my apartment I cried for almost 1 hours then my mood changed back to something cool suddenly I was dancing . I was sad a moment before because my parents has left me . But now I am free .free from all restrictions. Mom and Dad doesn't have to worry about me since I am in a safe neighborhood. And here there are lot of women living alone unlike india . If it was in India either my name will be in condolence column of newspaper or I will be rape victim or will be categorized among whore. And our neighbor here is a nice old lady. Old means she will be slightly above 60 below 65. She lives alone since her husband passed last year her grandson a small kid about 10 years old live with her since his  father and mother are faraway working, but he's constantly not with her . He will go to his mother's house as well as cousins house. Almost all are nearer. Anyways the old lady's name is Catherine. I always call her Mrs Catherine since indians always address elders with respect. But she always tell me to call her Catherine.

She was really nice to us when we arrived here my mom and dad liked her a lot . she is quite fun to be with . And she likes Indian food a lot. So we both are foodies . I became bored and waved my hand towards her house because I saw her do something in the courtyard she came over and talked with me for a while I feel really relived .

Finally, it was Sunday evening, and I am roaming around my room confused. What will happen tomorrow ? What I am gonna wear? "Which department am I working..?.. will it be same as her which means she will be my boss . Trust me I can tolerate any one other than her. (But poor me I don't even know I was hired to miss bitchy's department since she fired last Indian ).

I have brought a lot of dresses from India I mean my two suitcases are mostly with clothes and my mother's and fathers suitcase were almost filled by my dress to since cost of dresses is far less than here . They may not be branded but they are quality products. And I don't know how to do make up . I only know how to apply eyeliner and a lipstick. I ironed my shirt and my trousers so that even though I wake up late I don't have to iron them. I set up my alarm at 5.30 even though it's to early I need to reach office by 9.00 and considering the distance it's only 30 min cab ride. I went early to bed I twisted and turned a little since I was a night owl sleep doesn't come easily.any ways slowly I drifted off to sleep 5.30 my alarm started ringing I immediately rose up and shut the alarm and put it for 6.00 am and again went back to sleep yea that's why I set the alarm at 5.30 .it's my habit to sleep a little more after alarm.

I woke up at six called my mom and dad asked their blessings. I actually like Indian food very much but I also like American food since I am here I have to try my new American breakfasts . I must say I am quite good at cooking anyways this is not a good time for experimenting . And I don't have anyone to taste my food. Cooking only get interesting when someone is there in house to taste it.for a moment I felt weird knowing this is the first time I am all alone in a house. But it kinda feels good .I'm a type of person who basically love solitude. So chirped some song as I prepared a French toast . I have tried a few American dishes in india. I took a quick bath without washing my hair. I got ready by 8. Now am in a cab and heading towards my office both excited and nervous.

"Ah hello ma'm I am new here can you show me my department. A girl I assume about 25 gave me an odd look may be because I called her mam . I am used to that it needs to change anyways. But calling name someone old is disrespectful yea well only for us may be . "Can say your name "ma'am"she said with smirk. I said my name and my position. I mean I know my position. But I don't know the correct department so. She gave me pale smile as she said floor no 17 madam. With a deep sigh I walked towards lift wondering why her smile was so pale. Shortly I found the real reason as I headed towards the department there was big c suite on the door and there was her name . "

" MISS ELIANA ROBERT'S

CEO NEXUS CORPORATION."

"ELECTRONIC'S DEPARTMENT"

A woman about 30 approached me " Hi you might be the new project manager , developer . "I am Rachel "I'm the CEO s assistant..well welcome she said with warm smile which I returned.. but that's when I realized my smile was not bright it was pale . She scoffed don't look at me like that I know she's a little bitch but she is my bestfriend . "oh I am so sorry I didn't meant it like that I stood there embarrassed with an idiotic grin.

Nevermind common let me show you're cabin ...I followed her as showed my cabin . "O this system is under repair you can use the I st cabin and she pointed towards the first cabin which was directly infront of the lioness den. Wow wonderful.. I mean her office was made of glass I think she can view what's outside through the glass . Anyways I can't see what's inside. "I will be right back she said and left into the lioness den. May be to inform the lioness that her new prey arrived or whatever I glanced my surroundings there were many people most of them were youngsters. With a smile I waved my hand at group of women who were laughing sitting near my cabin . I am sure that they saw me waving hand . One of the girl even glanced at me with a disgusted look . Suddenly I felt something bad .I never had this type of experiences back in India..well I am very tolerant and patient so this is least of troubles. Atleast she's not like auntie's who say you're slut if you don't reach the house by 6.

With a deep breath I sat into my chair it was really comfortable. The desk was quite large there was a lot off shelves drawers etc there was seperate partition wall s for each cabin. but the problem is mine is the first one it has a left partition wall, the right part was completely open and well you know the rest.

Please vote 👇