82

STEVE'S POV

"Steven?" Natasha says and pats my shoulder rapidly so I wake up from my slumber.
"Good Morning, My Love" I smile.

We've been back together for a week.
How in the world could I live without her being mine for four years?
But it's...it's been weird since we got back together...
We've been...distant...not really working very well.

I look at her standing next to the bed.
"What?" She asks when I've stared at her long enough for her to think it's weird.
"I just love you" I say and I pull her into bed.
"I love you too Steve, but we can't stay in bed. We have people to save" she says fast.
I sigh. "You've got to give yourself a break, Natasha. You've been working on a solution nonstop for four years" I say and twirl a strand of her hair around my finger.
"Maybe it wouldn't take four years if you didn't slow me down this way" she says and quickly gets out of bed again. 

"Natasha. Listen to me. You are the one who have done the most since the snap, and I admire you. It's amazing, but you have to know when to slow down" I say, as she's putting on my sweater.
She looks at me. "I can't slow down Steve. I owe to them, to get them back. I'm surprised you don't feel the same way" she says, before she walks out of the room without another word.

"Wait, Nat" I say, getting out of bed, and manage to put on a pair of jeans and button a shirt, before I follow her down the hall.
"Leave me alone Steve. I really thought you wanted them back too" she says, and I can hear the judgment in her voice.
"I want them back, but we have to pick our battles. And we can't work effectively if we never take breaks" I say, reaching for her hand, but she pulls it away.
She scoffs. "Battle? You heard what you said right? There are no breaks in battles. Come on, I thought you were a military man" she says sarcastically.
"You know what I mean I-.."
"Fine Steve. Take a break. Not all of us have been a goodie-goodie since day one. I need to do this. Not for myself. Not for you, but for those who turned into dust, because helping others is what being an Avenger is, and we haven't exactly done good" she says angrily and turns away from me.

I grab her arm and turn her to me.
I'm a little angry with her, but actually mostly because she hasn't truly seemed like she wanted this relationship since we got back together.

"Dammit, I care too Natasha, and I won't stand here and listen to you saying that I don't. I lost people, just like you. And I agree. We have to help, but for gods sake, we're in a dead end right now" I say furiously.
"Then we have to work to get out of it!" She says loudly and determined.
"We can't Natasha, not if we don't trust each other. Do you trust me?" I ask.
"What? What kind of question is that?" She asks.
"Do you?" I ask.
"Yes, I do Steve. Why are you asking me that?" She asks, and tries to shake my hand off her arm, and she looks at me, waiting for my answer.

"Because you haven't wanted to be loved by me since we got back together. Every 'I love you' rolling of your lips have sounded forced, and you've barely looked at me" I say fast, just getting everything that's what's really been bothering me out.
"Is that what this is about?" She asks, and for a second she sounds very surprised.
"Of course it is. I love you Nat, but I don't want to be with you if you don't want to be with me. I can't do that to you" I shake my head.

She takes a big step closer, and put her hands on my cheeks.
"Steve, I want to be with you, but I just don't think I can accept the fact that I get to be here, and be with the man I love, when half the population have lost their love" she says, and tears start welling up in her eyes.

This whole thing has been hard on her. It's been hard on everyone, but I think it's been extra hard on her.

"I know, I think about it too, but we can't let it affect our love" I say.
"No we cannot" she says, staring into my eyes, her green ones piercing into mine.

———————————————

NATASHA'S POV

Steve's eyes move to my lips, and I can hear his heartbeat beating faster, and then I realize how close we're standing.

We haven't actually been physical since we got back together, so I guess we both have a lot of...energy...building up... And we've also been fighting quite a lot, so there's tension too.
We haven't really gotten into...being us again, and I've been furious with him every day, and I don't know why.

But right now I don't care that maybe we don't work, no matter how much we try, because I can feel his breath on my face, and it's exciting.
It's like I'm meeting him for the first time, and as much as I may love him, it feels refreshing.

"We are sure that we at least did the right thing when we got back together, right?" I ask, holding my breath as I stop speaking.
"I think so" he mumbles, and his hand snakes under my sweater, just under it to not violate my boundaries.
"I'm angry with you. But I love you at the same time" I breathe.
"I'm angry with you too, but I also love you at the same time" he says carefully, and his hands move further up my body, making me shiver.

He moves his hands further up my back, struggling with the clasp of my bra.
"I want you Nat" he says desperately, and as soon as my bra is open, his lips are on mine, eagerly sucking on them making me whimper.

I tug his hair tightly, letting his tongue roam my mouth and his hands touching every bit of my skin under the sweater.

I push my lower body closer to his, and he groans, closing his eyes, before he attacks my neck, kissing it, sucking on it, you name it.
He pushes me against the wall, growling annoyed when his contact with my skin ends shortly.

As much as I try to hold it in, I moan when he squeezes my breasts while sucking on my jaw.
My grip in his hair loosens when he desperately drops to his knees, and starts kissing up my stomach, grabbing my sides tightly. Fuck.
I moan at the short pain that runs through my body and he gets even more excited, and he bites me before he kisses my belly again.

He throws me over his shoulder, seemingly not caring about if it hurts me and he slams the door to our bedroom behind us.

So what are we saying? Should we make a bit more detail about their...fun...in the next chapter or do we not care?
I think I'll do it unless there's big protests (but why would there be lol) and also it's been a long time since I've written a chapter like that.
Anyways it's kinda up to you people, because as I've said before I want to make this a pleasure to read