15

NATASHA'S POV

I wake up to my very loud alarm that I set before we went out to dinner, just in case we fell asleep when we got back.

We're leaving for the bank in 45 minutes, and we've only slept for 30.
I sit up. Still a bit sticky from sweat, but I slept very well.
I find my panties on the floor, in two pieces.
"Jesus Christ" I mumble under my breath and find a new pair from my suitcase.

When I've put on my underwear and my catsuit I sit down on the bed.
I put my cold hands on Steve's shoulder. He shakes a little by the cold touch.
"Rogers, get up we're leaving in 40 minutes" I whisper.
"Hmm? What?" He asks and looks at me with very tired eyes.
"We're leaving in 40 minutes. For the bank" I say a little louder.
He yawns and sits up. "Do you mind throwing me my boxers?" He asks and point at his underpants on the floor.

He gets dressed in his Captain America suit and at 1 we leave the hotel room.

———————————————

STEVE'S POV

We park outside the bank, and go over the plan once more with Agent Hill and Agent Carter on the line.
"Get in, take them out, find information and get out" Agent Carter says. While Agent Carter is talking I think about why Nat want her and me to be together, and then sleeps with me shortly after. Nat is indeed confusing, but I don't really care. She's sweet and funny and smart and pretty, so pretty. My eyes gets stuck on her lips. They're sof-...
"Rogers?" Nat says and looks at me with an asking face.
"Yes?" I ask and force my eyes away from her lips.
"Let's go" she says and opens the car door.
"Absolutely" I say and follow her.

———————————————

"Well that wasn't so hard" Natasha says when they exit the bank after an hour.
"Did we get them all?" Steve asks in his earpiece.
"Every single one according to our cameras" Agent Hill answers.
"Nice" Natasha says and her and Steve high-fives. It kinda has become a thing they do, even though Steve didn't really get the concept in the beginning.
"Why do we have to do that when things go well?" He had asked.

"Go to the hotel and get some sleep, we're leaving tomorrow at 11 am" Agent Carter says, and disconnects the line.

———————————————

NATASHA'S POV

"That went well" I say with a sigh and get comfortable in the seat.
"It did, mostly" Steve says and looks at me.
"What do you mean mostly?" I ask.
"Well, didn't you get a large cut on your arm?" He asks. He got away with only a tiny cut in his eyebrow.
"Oh that? That doesn't hurt" I say and look at my right arm. It's a shallow cut, it's like cutting yourself when you're bored, it stings in the moment and a little afterwards.

The roads are quiet.
It's not weird that they are quiet, it's 3.30 in the morning.
So it's just me and Steve.

Steve starts humming a song when the slightly awkward silence becomes a little too much.
I don't say anything, I just listen to his calming voice and look at my phone in case bogeys should come in.

He stops singing, and I look up as if I'm asking him why he stopped.
"Nat?" He asks calmly
"What?" I ask him back in the same calm tone.
"What are we doing?" He asks.
"Driving. I thought you knew that, you're the driver" I say jokingly, because I know what he's about to ask.
"Nat" he says more seriously.
"I don't know Steve" I say.
"We've done it twice now" he says and looks at me.
"Should we stop?" I ask, thinking about what we'd both miss out on.
"I don't know. I really enjoy it" he says as to justify his answer.
"I know" I say and smirk at the thought of the night's events. "I enjoy it as well, you're very good for a second timer" I say and smile.
"Thank you super serum" he chuckles as he parks the car.
"But we probably shouldn't do it again" I say.
"I think you're right. We're friends, and colleagues. Let's keep it at that" he says.
"Good idea" I say and we enter the hotel unnoticed.

———————————————

When the door to their hotel room has closed, and they no longer need to focus on getting inside undetected the awkwardness comes rushing over them.
"I'll...erh sleep on the couch" Steve says and points to the small couch in the corner of the room.
"Sleep well"Natasha says with a forced smile.

They both lie down fully dressed, waiting for the other one to go to sleep.

———————————————

STEVE'S POV

I get up from the couch to go brush my teeth. Natasha seems to get up for the exact same thing, just accidentally the same time as me.

The bathroom situation is very awkward.
We're both at the small sink brushing our teeth.
It's like my entire body is a little bit tense from knowing that we'll have to not sleep together again.

We both spit out almost the same time and we're both still dressed in our tight suits.

I look at Natasha to smile goodnight, but it's like my lips are begging me to kiss her.
I don't like her like that, but god she's beautiful, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but she's very hot.

"Screw it" I say and pull her in for a long kiss.