63

STEVE'S POV

Things have been okay since we got back, but Natasha's been acting a little weird. She's sick in the mornings and mostly she's fine the rest of the day.

I've invited Yelena to stay for Christmas, and she got so excited because it's her first Christmas since she was little.
We've decorated the entire apartment and listened to Christmas music, making Natasha annoyed.

I can't figure her out these days.
First she's real happy and then she's cranky, and then she's sad, and then she's really mad at me. It's confusing. 

"I have to go...erh...get something" Natasha says as she enters the living room, just as I'm about to put the first angel sculptures in by the window.
"Do you need a ride, My Love?" I ask.
"No, I really don't. Thank you" she says and leaves the apartment in a hurry.

"What was that about?" Yelena asks me.
"I have no idea. Have you noticed how she's been a little odd since we got home?" I ask her.
"I think I have" Yelena nods.
"We have to ask her when she gets back" I say.
"You can do that. What if it's nothing and then she kills me for asking?" she says and goes back to focusing on her decoration of the TV stand.
"Good Point" I shrug and return to my own decorations.

After two hours, and some gingerbread later, she's still not back, and I start to worry.
"That's it. I'm calling her now" I say and pick up my phone from the table where it spends most of it's hours.
"You think something happened?" Yelena asks confused.
"It happened once, didn't it?" I ask.

I manage to log on or whatever it's called and find her number.

———————————————

NATASHA'S POV

I'm walking from store to store in Brooklyn, in the cold, drinking loads of water so I have to pee more.

I've been feeling nauseous and dizzy and hungry, to the point where I think a pregnancy test is a good idea, although I'm almost even more sure this time, that I'm not pregnant, because of what the doctor said the last time, and because of Yelena's detailed description she made in Russia. The description that's based on what I know already anyways.

I've already peed on two sticks, and I haven't even dared to look at them.

If I am pregnant, not telling Steve, will this time be impossible, because we live together.
But I'm so fucking scared that he's gonna freak out and become weird.

I pee on the third one in a port-a-potty, and start the walk back towards our building.

When I'm two blocks away, I take a deep breath. I need to know. If I am, it's totally fucked up.

I turn the first one:
PREGNANT

The second one:
PREGNANT

And the third:
POSITIVE

Fuck...I really am pregnant! How the fuck is that possible? And how the fuck do I tell Steve?

"Fucking super soldier serum...knocking me up...have to tell him that we're having a fucking kid. I want a kid but I don't know if he does...fuck...it's probably dead within a week anyways..." I mutter to myself as I sit down on a bench with a deep sigh.
I should've told Steve it'd be longer and just run away.

I find my phone from my purse, and notice three missed calls from Steve.

I call him back, and he pants heavily into the microphone.
"Natasha? My Love? Are you okay" He asks worried.
"I...I'm fine..." I lie.
"Thank god! Where are you? Are you Home soon?" He asks.
"Ten minutes, or so" I say and force out a somewhat happy tone.
Good. We're baking gingerbread" he says excitedly.
"Yay!" I say flatly. His and Yelena's Christmas spirit is insane.
"See you soon, dear. I love you" he tells me.
"I love you too" I say, and hang up.

Then the realization hits me.
If this kid survives I'm going to be a mommy.
Steve and I will be fucking parents...
Fuck...

I know this chapter is short, but I was exhausted when I wrote it.
I'll make a longer one tomorrow!

I'll Always Love You - A Romanogers Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें