11

NATASHA'S POV

I wake up. I'm in bed. With Steve. Naked.
Oh my god. I shouldn't have slept with him, but he's such a good guy, and I slept so well with him holding me, and he was surprisingly good if you think about the fact that he was a virgin. God. He was a virgin! I took his virginity!
"Good Job Natalia" I whisper sarcastically to myself in Russian.

I have one leg on his stomach and one arm around him.
I'm resting on his chest with one of his arms around my shoulder and his hand on my waist.
I look at his face. He's so peaceful and pure. Was pure. I silently curse at myself before I get out of bed, careful not to wake him, and go to the bathroom feeling so guilty.

I take a shower and does everything to get the guilt out of my head, but it's all I can think about.

———————————————

STEVE'S POV

I can hear the shower running when I wake up.
I don't regret last night, it was amazing, it was just not something I would normally do, and I don't see how Nat and I can just go on like before.

The water stops running, and a couple of minutes later Natasha enters the room with a towel wrapped around her.

"Good morning" I say and smile awkwardly.
She smiles back, not revealing the same kind of awkwardness. "Good morning" she says, and then our conversation is over.

I'm sitting on the bed while she's getting dressed. I'm kind of frozen to the bed. I really don't know what to do with myself, and I think she can sense that, because she keeps responding to my awkward smiles, with just as awkward smiles.
"Clothes?" She asks and I realize I'm still naked.
"Uh...yes of course" I say and pick up my boxers from the floor.
She bites her lip before she turns around, drop the towel and with her back facing me and put on her bra.
I look at her. Her red hair is falling over her bare back. I have to force myself to not move my eyes further down to her shorts.
She puts on a t-shirt and turns back around, and my eyes immediately move to her face again.
It's like neither of us knows what to say, it's just awkward smiles and staring at each other.

———————————————

The entire day goes by in awkward silence. The mission is short to both of their disappointments, because then they have nothing to distract them from the awkwardness.
Every now and then, even in the middle of chasing a guy who might know where to find the next big lead in the overall mission, they catch themselves looking at one another.

The air is filled with silence when they're being patched up in the Quinjet after bringing some HYDRA agents in that could have further information.
Agent Carter is fixing a deep cut wound just beneath Steve's knee, and Agent Hill is with a part of the medical team removing a bunch of glass from Natasha's arm.
No one is making any noise except for Steve and Natasha when it occasionally hurts very bad.

"All fixed" Carter says and removes herself from Steve when his knee is patched up nicely.
She smiles at him as he thanks her.
"We're done here too" Hill says when the last piece of glass is removed and all the cuts are cleaned and bandaged, and the medical team has left the room. Natasha's body finally relaxes and she looks at Steve that seems to be a little more relaxed now too.

"What's the status? What do we have to do tomorrow?" Natasha asks Agent Hill and Agent Carter that are still in the room discussing something in a file.
"We will interrogate the agents tonight, and make an informed decision" Agent Carter says and looks at them both.
"Yes, this is a hard mission. Everything is unexpected, so we don't have a lot of information. That's why we brought you two on the case" Agent Hill says and takes a step forward.
"Do you have any expectations, any clues?" Steve asks and folds his hands.
"We're covering a large area, cleaning up after Sokovia" Hill says.
"HYDRA agents spread all over Europe and parts of Asia, but we have other agents covering that" Carter says.
"And they've divided into more bases and leaders so that it would be harder for us to eliminate them, I read it in some of Fury's files short after we came home from Sokovia" Natasha says.
"Yes that's exactly what they've done Romanoff, but we still don't have a very effective way to go about it" Agent Hill says and checks the computer behind her.
"That is the only reason we're dragging you and ourselves around Europe, because according to what we do know there's a lot of small bases, but still one big sending commands to the smaller ones" Agent Carter says. 
"So basically we're searching for the big one, but taking the small ones out in the meantime?" Natasha asks.
"Yes" Agent Hill says from the computer.

"Go back to the hotel now, we need you on lookout no matter how many clues we've got. Don't stay up all night, but be prepared if anything comes out of the interrogation" Agent Carter says.
"We won't. We'll get some dinner, and go to bed. Not like last night" Steve says and mumbles the last sentence as they both stand up to leave.

"Stay alert" is the last thing Hill says before they leave the Quinjet.